Bulldogs express interest in Panthers flyer Taylan May

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Taylan May's a gun and if it means we get Terrell May too you make room whether that be moving on JAC, Xerri not reaching his potential or moving on Tracey (probably my preference if we got Taylan May, maybe Tracey could play in the halves but not ideal with Burton + Woods coming through).
From memory Taylan was a beast in 2022. I’d sign him in a flash

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The brother have come out and said they want all three at a single club so if we are serious about Terrell we will pick up the other 2.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Makes me laugh when people say this.

Staggs, Holmes, Herbie, manu and even best are on this kind of money?

Fuck so is wighton and he will probably be a centre at bunnies?
Yeah exactly. Crittas salary is on par with Best and I'd take Critta every day of the week.
With the increase in the salary cap the values of each position continue to rise. This isnt the early 2000s where a star centre would be on 400-450k, its 2024 with a 12mil cap.
If Xerri and Critta start in the centres this year we have spent less then 1mil for an outstanding centre pairing. If Crutta starts at fb and kills it we have a quality number 1 for a great price. What's there to complain about?

Last edited:

Scoobs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Makes me laugh when people say this.

Staggs, Holmes, Herbie, manu and even best are on this kind of money?

Fuck so is wighton and he will probably be a centre at bunnies?
It is indisputable that low clubs have a harder time signing premium talent compared to the clubs that are flying. Look at what we are going through just to get a crack at may, a bloke with half a good season on his resume, and we have to sign both his bro's one of whom is a sex pest.

4Runner

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Honestly who cares, they're all quality footballers who would excel playing in the same team. Could probably do without Tyrone but would be stoked to get Tyrell and Taylan.
...and they are familiar with 'panthers defensive system, warriors defensive system, bulldogs defensive system' or was it pantherisation? Sorry I couldnt help myself :grinning:

4Runner

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
btw Im loving the animated gifs n pics within the forum...there are some absolute classics!!

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Its true he probably wont be a first choice starter at panthers, Tago, Teruva, To'o and Peachey are likely to get first shot. However we are very backs heavy and he wouldnt get a start here either. As it is we will have decent backs not getting a start. So no point him moving. I dont see the point of signing him.

Scoobs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Its true he probably wont be a first choice starter at panthers, Tago, Teruva, To'o and Peachey are likely to get first shot. However we are very backs heavy and he wouldnt get a start here either. As it is we will have decent backs not getting a start. So no point him moving. I dont see the point of signing him.
He is a gun. Would be putting massive pressure on kiraz, wilson and xerri.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
He is a gun. Would be putting massive pressure on kiraz, wilson and xerri.
They already have pressure from players like Tracey and Taaffe

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unless it’s very cheap and it’s the Key to getting his brother I have no problem. Agree he wouldn’t be a walk up start in our current roster. I think out of the current outside backs Perham & Skelton are the only players not contracted for 2025 so there isn’t much room for him.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
...and they are familiar with 'panthers defensive system, warriors defensive system, bulldogs defensive system' or was it pantherisation? Sorry I couldnt help myself :grinning:
Fcuk it is what it is tbh... No harm in copying a team that has won 3 straight prems and tweaking it.

No different to Melbourne building a culture and system copied from the Bulldogs.

4Runner

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Fcuk it is what it is tbh... No harm in copying a team that has won 3 straight prems and tweaking it.

No different to Melbourne building a culture and system copied from the Bulldogs.
...and you could probably say that for a few other clubs both past and present. Look at the tiges atm and what theyre doing and saying, almost eerie. But besides all that we got the chief engineer of the system so technically its the 'ciraldo-sidation'

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
No chance peaches starts over him

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
if we are going for May another winger then this means Addo Carr will be shopped around?

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I suspect JAC will get offloaded to the Tigpies to make room for May and his bro's. Love JAC but we need props.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It is indisputable that low clubs have a harder time signing premium talent compared to the clubs that are flying. Look at what we are going through just to get a crack at may, a bloke with half a good season on his resume, and we have to sign both his bro's one of whom is a sex pest.
There's no, "we have to" in this. Gus will do what is best for the club. He would only look at signing one of the brothers if it benefits the club. Don't be so foolish to think otherwise.