Official Bulldogs enforcer Ogden unfazed about reputations

Reaction score
This guy is an absolute bulldozer!
Love how he now has eyes to knock out Smith
Pay should keep him on for minimum 30 mins

-------

Cameron Smith beware - you might be next.

Bulldogs backrower Ofahiki Ogden paid little heed to the age or reputation of one of the best hookers in the game when he nailed Robbie Farah at Campbelltown Stadium last weekend. He faces another 30-something, former Test rake this weekend when the Dogs head to Melbourne to play the Storm at AAMI Park on Sunday. The Ogden hit silenced the Wests Tigers sections of the crowd but caught everyone else's attention. "I didn't miss him at all," Ogden told NRL.com. "But it's just what I practise at training. I didn't set out to target Robbie in particular. It's just what happened on the field. "It's a physical game and I think that's what I bring to the team." Ogden was one of five new faces coach Dean Pay brought in for the round three tussle with the Tigers to arrest a 0-2 start to the Telstra Premiership season. Bulldogs backrower Ofahiki Ogden.

For the 22-year-old backrower, it meant a lot more than just trying to get the Bulldogs' first win of 2019. He made his NRL debut the previous season, playing nine games, but was overlooked by Pay for rounds one and two. "For me it is just about learning to play well each and every week and getting my fitness up," Ogden said. "When I found out I was selected for the Tigers I was really excited. And I was ready.

"I'd had a good pre-season but in the trials I didn't play as best I could. But those two games in Canterbury Cup woke me up. And it was good for me to be there to learn a few lessons. It was humbling for me and I appreciated it." His welcome return to the NRL coincided with a convincing 22-8 win over the Tigers. The tackle on Farah has made Ogden an instant cult hero. But he'd rather be given some more minutes next time. He had 18 against the Tigers and would like a few more when he runs up against the Storm.

"I wanted to show that I was ready for first grade again," he said. "When I got on the field I just wanted to run hard, tackle hard. "The win not only gave me great confidence, it has lifted the whole team. Everyone is in a happy mood at the club and that will boost us for the Storm – and we will need it. "It will be good to challenge ourselves this week. And they challenge you physically and mentally. "I also try to do a little extra video on the team I'm playing. Storm has an experienced group of forwards so I will search out a bit more on them. "They also beat the Panthers pretty good last weekend so I will see where they were strongest."

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/04/06/bulldogs-enforcer-ogden-unfazed-about-reputations/

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
If Ogden can bring that kind of physicality consistently he will easily be a permanent member of the 17.

Seems he now has the hunger to step up and be noticed and he is still only 22.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
the Hit on farah was awesome.. hopefully all other crabs are on notice..

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Remember when Papali'i first came on the scene, he was tasked with unsettling Paul Gallen and did a pretty good job... I hope pay will use Ogden in a similar way on Munster and Smith.... and I don't care if its dogs shots lol.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He should be rotating with Big Papi so we have a constant physical presence on the field.

I'd still be limiting his minutes in NRL and build him up slowly he got caught a couple of times in the ruck last year after staying on too long.

jamma01

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Cant believe he wasent in the team to start the year. Played great footy in first grade last year, could end up being our best forward in a year or two

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hope he knocks Smith into next week.

Do t give a fuk if he gets sent off.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hope he knocks Smith into next week.

Do t give a fuk if he gets sent off.
I'd rather he do it legally as then Smith won't have anything to whine about after except for the fact that he just got smashed. Come on Ogden!!

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That’s how we build em in Auckland

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Love it thats why i call ogden and Napa The Bash Brothers, looking forward to both putting on some hits against storm. Ogdens hit on farrar was a cracker pity it was at the end of the game. Mr im ok im ok would of gone off for sure had the game not been over

silva

Utility
Reaction score
I dont see the point in buying more forwards when we have ogden, napa, chn, martin, jackson, rfm, elliot, toomaga, fualalo. Pretty solid pack there. We should focus on getting a gun centre for nxt yr

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ofa gives us what we expected of Klemmer, a hard hitting, in your face, intimidating forward.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hope he nails Smith...and Munster!

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Love it thats why i call ogden and Napa The Bash Brothers, looking forward to both putting on some hits against storm. Ogdens hit on farrar was a cracker pity it was at the end of the game. Mr im ok im ok would of gone off for sure had the game not been over
Napa is KING!!!!! He will produce some good hits very soon.

Good on ya too Ogden.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Talk is cheap. Saying you’ll do something and actually doing that “something” are two different things. But the positive for you champy is that 95% of kennelers only care about words and virtue signalling lol. So you’ll be fine. Just please don’t get sent off by a white referee.