News Bulldogs emerge as favourite to sign Alex Twal after coffee shop meeting with Cameron Ciraldo

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Bulldogs have emerged as favourites to sign Wests Tigers cult hero Alex Twal.

Twal, who is under contract to the Tigers for 2024 but has been given permission to negotiate with rival clubs, was spotted in a Sydney coffee shop with his manager and Bulldogs coach Cameron Ciraldo on Tuesday.

Manly and several other clubs have shown interest in Twal but the Bulldogs look the best fit for the 27-year-old prop who played some of his best football in 2023, despite the Tigers' wretched season as they claimed their second straight wooden spoon.

he tall prop is the Tigers' longest-serving player after winger David Nofoaluma and was the talk of Tiger-town when he broke a 116-game drought to score his maiden try during the season.

A handy middle forward, Twal has a good motor, is a solid defender and possesses a smart offload.

Stream every game of the 2023 NRL finals series live and free on 9Now

The Tigers' move to let the Lebanese international move on is another baffling decision as they attempt a new beginning under Benji Marshall in 2024.

The Tigers have plenty of youngsters in their side and Twal is a model citizen who is looked up to by the rookie Tiger cubs.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Good signing if true.
I said he should be the number one focus on our recruitment drive given his Lebanese heritage and positional need/value for money and luckily Gould seems to have read the posts.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
I dont mind twal, hes a servicable enough prop and gets thru plenty of hard yakka in the middle

Problem Is we are offering in the ballpark of 500-550k for his service. For a prop forward who cant bust a tackle or slip an offload, this is silly money.
Why would we offer that? There is no competition for his services other than maybe a down the table ESL club.

Lost Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Im for his signing. When playing for Lebanon showed a lot of courage on the international scene. High percent defender and a great role model for the community.

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doesn’t anyone think other clubs have to do the same as us when they want to offload players ??
Tigers will be paying part freight I’m sure 100-$150 k
Tigers want a big fish or shish
Surely

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I dont mind twal, hes a servicable enough prop and gets thru plenty of hard yakka in the middle

Problem Is we are offering in the ballpark of 500-550k for his service. For a prop forward who cant bust a tackle or slip an offload, this is silly money.
You wouldn’t know if your ass was on fire.

foREVerA7X

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We need a Twalman like player to help sure up the middle. King and Twalman are good toiler, off the ball type rotation we could use. Just need an alpha daaawwwwg and impact prop off the bench.

Twalman sub $400k is worth a punt for 2yrs plus one in clubs favour.

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
So spotted ? Can we see photos or is another bs story

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't mind this, seems like the depth signings are done in public with CC , Gus does the big fish out of sight which i also like

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Figures are way off

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why would we offer that? There is no competition for his services other than maybe a down the table ESL club.
Flanagan was signed for $500-550k a season even when the Roosters were trying to push him in front of moving traffic. Literally no other club wanted him either but guess who came running with an open cheque book LOL. We have form :tearsofjoy:

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Flanagan was signed for $500-550k a season when the Roosters were trying to push him in front of moving traffic. Literally no other club wanted him either but guess who came running with an open cheque book LOL
Yeah we have a habit of that.
Like signing that dud from Penrith for two years after he made a phone call to pay begging for a gig.
Or Crichton for three years
Or Lichaa for 2.
All these players could have had a 1+1 option as all failed nice and early.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah we have a habit of that.
Like signing that dud from Penrith for two years after he made a phone call to pay begging for a gig.
Or Crichton for three years
Or Lichaa for 2.
All these players could have had a 1+1 option as all failed nice and early.
I agree.