News Bulldogs Dilemma: Which NSW gun to target?

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have I seen him play a bad game at fullback? No I haven’t seen him play any game at fullback no one has so it’s all based on opinion but the kicker is you want the club to open the purse strings and pay him like he’s proven himself. That’s the whole issue I have with it.

The role of a fullback has changed greatly even since Patten played let alone when Silva and Potter played. JAC would have made a good fullback back then too but the position has evolved a lot since then and it’s basically a third half on the field now.

If the club can get JAC on a wing deal then I’m keen for it. I just don’t want another Bmoz and DWZ situation were we are forking out big money on a winger that is getting payed like a fullback.
Yes I agree. I don't want to see another DWZ situation. The only thing is I think we have to take a risk or not get him at all. If we offer the same money as Souths you would think he'd go to the Rabbits to be with his buddies. The only incentive we can offer is more money (and maybe a challenge / opportunity for him to make more money in future by playing fullback). I wouldn't pay him 700K or more as a recognised fullback but I think 650K is worth the risk. If we can pay it for a centre in Cotric I think it's worth the risk on JAC. At worst he'll be a well paid winger but the best winger in the comp. DWZ isn't even anywhere near the best winger in the comp and we're paying him fullback money they say. Our backline was the most impotent in attack last year even when Foran was playing. We need to strengthen it as much as possible.