BULLDOGS DEFENCE - FLANAGAN FAILS

Mike Z

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Our defence is not that bad,
We fix our attack which is starting to look good today.

We beat the dragons. They didn't lose it. We beat them.

I think we can win 7 remaining games.
End up on 20 points which should be our goal leading into next year.

If Barrett was a bad coach We don't play like that.

With some recruits next year. Key ones at that, we will be top 8 next year.

Defence builds attitude.. and on the back of that we score points.

FLANAGAN set us back 10 games this year of progress. He won't play first grade ever again.

FLANAGAN will end up a career nsw cup player on 120K per year unless he ends up working as a school teacher. That is the reality. Unfortunately he does not have the heart nor talent to be nrl player.

He just does not have that heart that a top 7 needs to have.

His career is over.. the dogs winning and playing better, particularly Avarello playing great has proved FLANAGAN is a fail.

Roosters getting rid of him is a major factor.
He had a life line and didn't take it.

Well done Bulldogs...

The best win in 4 years.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Best win in many years.!! Kyle is not a doggie.

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unless he completely overhauls his game to be a proper HB Flanno is bound for reserve grade for the next 2 years. Unless he can prove himself at dummy half if we can't get a quality hooker next year.

Malla

Reaction score
Sadly signing Flanno was a mistake by Baz
Get that at the time it felt right because he was playing ok for chooks but he just doesn’t have the mental that’ll cut it for first grade
Love me some Avo
Puts his head down and gets it done
That’s a bulldog thru and thru

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yeah I’m not sure why everyone is taking it out so much on Flanno. We should really be blaming the media for blowing so much smoke up his ass as a junior and our recruitment team for bringing him over on maybe slightly more money than what he is worth (I still think it is an alright deal on potential).

At the end of the day, if he is a Matt Frawley or Sam Williams that wears his heart on his sleeve and is a solid cup player than let’s get around the bloke…. It’s more than any of us have achieved in the game. I’m sick of the negativity on this forum. Anyone that pulls on a doggies jersey deserves the support of the fans.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Flanno the flop has been found out on numerous occasions and it’s only going to benefit the Bulldogs going forward that he’ll be playing for Mounties as their permanent #7

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I’m not sure why everyone is taking it out so much on Flanno. We should really be blaming the media for blowing so much smoke up his ass as a junior and our recruitment team for bringing him over on maybe slightly more money than what he is worth (I still think it is an alright deal on potential).

At the end of the day, if he is a Matt Frawley or Sam Williams that wears his heart on his sleeve and is a solid cup player than let’s get around the bloke…. It’s more than any of us have achieved in the game. I’m sick of the negativity on this forum. Anyone that pulls on a doggies jersey deserves the support of the fans.
Far to many talk as though they hate a player who is not up to scratch, particularly one who came to the club with great expectations, like Flanno.
I totally agree that he has been found wanting.
To any decent person he is just not good enough and leave it at that.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
let's not get too carried away with the win today... the Dragons were disgraceful

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
let's not get too carried away with the win today... the Dragons were disgraceful
Sure the Dragons weren't great but we were good enough to adapt and take advantage of their mistakes instead of the predictable play of previous weeks. JMK finally played like a first grade hooker, the second try by Avo was pure class by him and Meaney and our defence was rock solid. We would have beaten a lot of teams today and also competitive against the top sides.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Loved the brush on answering about Flano in the lost match. You can clearly see he wasn’t impressed with Flano but just generalised his answer lol. I hope he doesn’t get sucked into brining him back, the kid stifles all momentum.

Reactions: GDR

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Far to many talk as though they hate a player who is not up to scratch, particularly one who came to the club with great expectations, like Flanno.
I totally agree that he has been found wanting.
To any decent person he is just not good enough and leave it at that.
This

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
That was one of our best performances over the last 3 years, very professional and almost a complete 80 minute peformance.

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ava was great off the bench, our bench smothered their bench and kept the foot on their throat, st merge are fools playing bird in 2nd row

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Flanno the flop has been found out on numerous occasions and it’s only going to benefit the Bulldogs going forward that he’ll be playing for Mounties as their permanent #7
Potter won't be happy.

gee333

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Our defence is not that bad,
We fix our attack which is starting to look good today.

We beat the dragons. They didn't lose it. We beat them.

I think we can win 7 remaining games.
End up on 20 points which should be our goal leading into next year.

If Barrett was a bad coach We don't play like that.

With some recruits next year. Key ones at that, we will be top 8 next year.

Defence builds attitude.. and on the back of that we score points.

FLANAGAN set us back 10 games this year of progress. He won't play first grade ever again.

FLANAGAN will end up a career nsw cup player on 120K per year unless he ends up working as a school teacher. That is the reality. Unfortunately he does not have the heart nor talent to be nrl player.

He just does not have that heart that a top 7 needs to have.

His career is over.. the dogs winning and playing better, particularly Avarello playing great has proved FLANAGAN is a fail.

Roosters getting rid of him is a major factor.
He had a life line and didn't take it.

Well done Bulldogs...

The best win in 4 years.
Crikey go easy on Flanagan... he hasn't been great but he has time to come good...