Bulldogs Compared To Storm 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it true that Melbourne receive certain percentage which gets exempt from the salary cap? This being because they are in Melbourne. I think this is what the roosters were complaining about a few years back that they also should get an exemption because the cost of living in the Bondi area is higher to that of Newcastle, Brisbane etc.
They are rumored to have about 1 Million third party sponsors in line to bye players. I think there is some salary cap issues in regards to that, so they cannot officially use it all. But the fact they have so many corporates for support in Melbourne. They will always have an advantage over basically all clubs with the exeption of Brisbane. As long as their third party sponsors are not official club sponsors they have an extra two or three internationals up their sleeves to most Sydney clubs.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Quinn will play center with Matt Geyer starting

OR Will Chambers straight to starting center for the Storm

Hammer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They've got very good squad there's no doubting that but if can get something out of our halves, hooker and wingers we can match them

Top Dogg

BEWARE OF THE DOGS
Reaction score
It looks like the only way we can beat them is to turn the match into a dog fight. Didn't work this year, not to sure it will work next year.

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Since Melbourne is owned by the Copany that basicaly owns Rugby League in Australia & employs slow motherf*ckers like Gallop to run it, they are entitled to cheat once in a while on the Salary Cap.

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don't know if the Roosters were fairly playing their Rugby League in '02, 03 & 04 but the Storm definately did go over the Salary Cap in '06 & '07.

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
I think Melbourne, Parra and Cowboys will be one of those teams we will have difficulty beating. Hopefully this time though we don't play Melbourne during the origin period, In regards to our team i wouldn't be surprised if Groom is impressive in the trials and folkes choses him over shifty (similar to what happened with roberts and the beginning of the season). Our main weakness against the storm both times this year were our halves who didn't create many attacking opportunities which is why i think folkes may change them next year, unless they are both impressive during the off-season as well as the trials.

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think Melbourne, Parra and Cowboys will be one of those teams we will have difficulty beating. Hopefully this time though we don't play Melbourne during the origin period, In regards to our team i wouldn't be surprised if Groom is impressive in the trials and folkes choses him over shifty (similar to what happened with roberts and the beginning of the season). Our main weakness against the storm both times this year were our halves who didn't create many attacking opportunities which is why i think folkes may change them next year, unless they are both impressive during the off-season as well as the trials.
I'll just say it from now, we won't be much of a Threat for the Next Season. Just don't feel like we can hold our Good Form for more than 3 Seasons in-a-row. I think we'll have another Slump Season like '04 where by we barely managed to beat any Team.

iWahash

Hannant
Reaction score
I'll just say it from now, we won't be much of a Threat for the Next Season. Just don't feel like we can hold our Good Form for more than 3 Seasons in-a-row. I think we'll have another Slump Season like '04 where by we barely managed to beat any Team.
NO way..

Eels will definitely be top 8 if not top 4 material..

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
I disagree, you guys have the side to contend for a top 4 spot next season.

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
NO way..

Eels will definitely be top 8 if not top 4 material..
i reckon that parra will be in the 8 next year
Well, we could make 2008 another Okay Season. As for the Bulldogs, Panthers & Tigers,definately will see improvement in their Game & not play their best footy only certain times of the Match but the entire 80 Minutes.

Deception_2112

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doubt it..

Bulldogs won't last long IMO

2002, 2003 and 2004 were our strongest years

2006 was the only off year we could've won but other then that ye..

Storm won't maintain their team next year, in 05 we were expected to romp the Competition, but injuries stopped us, i get the feeling the same thing will hit the Storm again

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Doubt it..

Bulldogs won't last long IMO

2002, 2003 and 2004 were our strongest years

2006 was the only off year we could've won but other then that ye..

Storm won't maintain their team next year, in 05 we were expected to romp the Competition, but injuries stopped us, i get the feeling the same thing will hit the Storm again
Yeah, the "Premiership Curse" will hault any chances of the AStorm becoming a hreat for the 2008 Season. It's how the National Rugby League is theser Days. Anyway, Sides to imrpve from a Horribel seasion should be the Panthers fromm the Gains this Year & maybe the Dragons if the Injries don't ocur to often.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah, the "Premiership Curse" will hault any chances of the AStorm becoming a hreat for the 2008 Season. It's how the National Rugby League is theser Days. Anyway, Sides to imrpve from a Horribel seasion should be the Panthers fromm the Gains this Year & maybe the Dragons if the Injries don't ocur to often.
Unless the Storm have massive injuries like us in 05 they will be the tesam to beat in 08.
We looked awesome after week1 of 2005 VS dragons, then injuries struck

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
melbourne team next year

1.Slater
2.Turner
3.Folau
4.Chambers
5.Quinn
6.Inglis
7.Cronk
8.White
9.Smith
10.Kaufusi
11.Hoffman
12.Crocker
13.Johnson

14.Lima
15.Blair
16.Newton
17.Geyer

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
^^^^still a very strong team...they'll be the team to beat next year

K

Kane 'em

Newton, Lima, Cross and King are all goneskies or there abouse.

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Expecting Chambers to have a Big Season next Year with the Storm. Not much of a Change to the Team, they could well still be a Genuine threat to the 2008 Premiership.

Status
Not open for further replies.