Rumour Bulldogs closing in on Cam Cirald

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it possible we've signed Ciraldo as Assistant Coach to who is really going to be head coach?

Maybe we are waiting for the entire coaching lineup to be finalised before announcing it.

Could totally get behind a Flanno, Potter and Ciraldo combination.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Didn’t Potter say he’s not interested in the gig long term? I think he’d be an asset as an assistant.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
can't be bothered reading the same things over and over again... so apologies if already been said.

we need to stop comparing Ciraldo to Baz. the only similarity is they came from the same successful system.

The differences though are massive. If Ciraldo gets a chance to show what he is made of, well he may be successful. but the likelihood of him being a failure has nothing to do with Baz.

Baz was a failure of a head coach before he went back to Panthers. His failure can be understood based on his previous behaviour.

Another factor, successful players don't make great coaches. I have found that has to do with talent. Great players have the talent, and it comes a little easier. Just First grade players that don't set the world on fire have to understand the game from every angle, to get those opportunities to play first grade. That in their playing career can only help when becoming a coach. Wayne Bennett, Craig Bellamy they were not super star players. Also why Andrew John's would be a shit coach.

Name one superstar player that became a super coach?
Bob Fulton?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
This would hurt me... I want Hastings, but not like this. Schoupp has that aggression and **** in him that you cannot force someone to do, you either have it in you or you don't
It's probably 99% bs but there's always been whispers about discipline issues with him so who knows

amapusae

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, it’s looking like it’s really gonna happen. I stumbled across this interview Cameron did with Jammer on his podcast and immediately you can see the difference between him and Baz. not saying I’m 100% sold on ciraldo yet but his demeanour is very stoic and sure of himself and he said some interesting things. I don’t get the vibe hes overly friendly with the players which proved Trent’s downfall. Make of it what you will

amapusae

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's probably 99% bs but there's always been whispers about discipline issues with him so who knows
I dont like this. hastings is better than what we got but I don’t think he’s a long term 7 that’s gonna win us a comp