News Bulldogs circle English star

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
If we sign nanai then kiss any gun halfback coming. We’d be stuck with a dud half which will then be pointless even buying an attacking back rower when we don’t have a halfback to feed him decent ball.
We already have big money in Kikau and tpj. We don’t need any more backrowers

underdogsontop2246

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Imagine a backrow of kikau and Nanai? Wow

Williams at 7 would be ideal and would make alot more sense for Sutton than it does to me now. That said moses is outstanding too.
I think the Sydney club is us or Parra. Every other sydney club has their second rowers sorted, and there's no way it's anyone else.

underdogsontop2246

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we sign nanai then kiss any gun halfback coming. We’d be stuck with a dud half which will then be pointless even buying an attacking back rower when we don’t have a halfback to feed him decent ball.
Wrong, you can't have just have a lethal left side and have a shitty right side. Hayze Perham is a class winger and knows how to actually play fucking footy. Imagine Alamoti as a centre next to him, with Nanai on the inside of him. Whoever, is suggesting Crichton or Graham over Alamoti is crazy.

I think Moses and Nanai are signed already.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Wrong, you can't have just have a lethal left side and have a shitty right side. Hayze Perham is a class winger and knows how to actually play fucking footy. Imagine Alamoti as a centre next to him, with Nanai on the inside of him. Whoever, is suggesting Crichton or Graham over Alamoti is crazy.

I think Moses and Nanai are signed already.
Yeah I’m not saying to have a shitty right side but I don’t see the need in spending 900k on a edge backrower if we don’t have a good half. We need to spend wisely we have a few good backrowers at the club that can do their job. We don’t need nanai

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Disagree. We have something like 7.5mil reported next year free without cap increase.

We can afford a quality 7. We need a quality 1 too though it all varies. George Williams and that panthers kid would be less than moses alone. Just depends what Gus is up to

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Imagine a backrow of kikau and Nanai? Wow

Williams at 7 would be ideal and would make alot more sense for Sutton than it does to me now. That said moses is outstanding too.
Yes best backrow in the comp by a mile. If we got Nanai it would make things easier for Kikau also. If we have a real threat on the right edge also then it will be impossible for our opponents to stack numbers in defence on our left edge only.

It's imperative we get either Williams or Moses as our 7. They say Moses cracks under pressure in big games. Williams has won 2 Super League comps and he was very good in the World Cup. Both have excellent short kicking games that would be ideal for Nanai. Williams would come much cheaper though obviously and do the same job and would allow us enough room maybe to purchase Nanai and a decent fullback. If we pay Moses 1.2M or whatever I doubt we could afford Nanai and / or a decent fullback. I'd sign Williams, Nanai and a fullback like Will Kennedy who wouldn't cost the earth. Farnworth if we can afford him. Still need a prop also like Leniu. Sipley from Manly I don't mind either and would be cheap.

1 Kennedy
2 JAC
3 Kiraz
4 Alamoti / Skelton / Burns
5 Perham / Averillo
6 Burton
7 Williams
8 Sipley
9 Mahoney
10 TPJ
11 Kikau
12 Nanai
13 RFM

14 Nu Brown / BBO
15 Sutton
16 King
17 Pele
18 Davey

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes best backrow in the comp by a mile. If we got Nanai it would make things easier for Kikau also. If we have a real threat on the right edge also then it will be impossible for our opponents to stack numbers in defence on our left edge only.

It's imperative we get either Williams or Moses as our 7. They say Moses cracks under pressure in big games. Williams has won 2 Super League comps and he was very good in the World Cup. Both have excellent short kicking games that would be ideal for Nanai. Williams would come much cheaper though obviously and do the same job and would allow us enough room maybe to purchase Nanai and a decent fullback. If we pay Moses 1.2M or whatever I doubt we could afford Nanai and / or a decent fullback. I'd sign Williams, Nanai and a fullback like Will Kennedy who wouldn't cost the earth. Farnworth if we can afford him. Still need a prop also like Leniu. Sipley from Manly I don't mind either and would be cheap.

1 Kennedy
2 JAC
3 Kiraz
4 Alamoti / Skelton / Burns
5 Perham / Averillo
6 Burton
7 Williams
8 Sipley
9 Mahoney
10 TPJ
11 Kikau
12 Nanai
13 RFM

14 Nu Brown / BBO
15 Sutton
16 King
17 Pele
18 Davey
Another team list from @bradtalo!

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Let the Cowboys pay big $$$$ to keep Nanai and go all out for Luki, he was the better of the two coming through in the lower grades but got injured this year.

Nanai has come on incredibly well and I think Luki has an equally as high ceiling at a fraction of the cost!

Btw I know he re-signed earlier this year also but kid is a weapon.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Tim Lafai floating around on the Samoan roster, what are we going to do for centres with the top 30 full?

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Let the Cowboys pay big $$$$ to keep Nanai and go all out for Luki, he was the better of the two coming through in the lower grades but got injured this year.

Nanai has come on incredibly well and I think Luki has an equally as high ceiling at a fraction of the cost!

Btw I know he re-signed earlier this year also but kid is a weapon.
There are new back row sensations every year. We need to be looking for rough diamonds,not overpriced ones