News Bulldogs chasing their tail

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bulldogs coach Cameron Cirlado signed a player who has the talent to be one of the best fullbacks in the competition.

But he’s playing him in the centres.

Stephen Crichton proved at the Panthers that he’s more than capable of playing fullback and that’s where he’ll have the biggest impact on results for the Dogs.

Teams that don’t have great go-forward or big outside backs, they can’t have a little fullback because then you have to rely on them to carry and get sets started in the right direction.

All due respect to Blake Taaffe, but that’s not his strong suit.

Crichton would have a much bigger impact on the direction of the team and their intent from fullback.

Further, Ciraldo made Crichton captain and as a new skipper you want to have an impact on the result from the get-go and he’s struggling to do that at left centre.

The Bulldogs already have an out-and-out left centre in Bronson Xerri and they’re also trying to sign Panthers left centre Taylan May.

So if Ciraldo signs May, is he going to move Crichton to fullback next year anyway? Why delay the inevitable?

The player Canterbury should be going after is May’s older brother Terrell.

That could change things completely because he would provide that go-forward the Bulldogs desperately need. May could be a massive game changer if they can poach him from the Roosters.

They’re coming from a long way back the Bulldogs and I find it really tough to see their path forward and out of this mess.

It’s hard to predict where they’ll end up because they’re so far from the finish line right now.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
The path forward closes as soon as Terrell May is off the market. That almost guarantees another year of performances and results like 23/24. Throw on top CC and the fullback situation...

Joelmcevoy2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The terrell may contract has closed he is not leaving roosters i know this and taylan be there to announcement in a couple of days

Joelmcevoy2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
djdeep wrote this?? no reference to any media? and joel is all over it.

its only week 3 and i am tired of all this circus

I used to love the days when we could enjoy a season.
Thats it my brother media bullshit

dawso047

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Are they frightened that if they made Crighton fullback (I wouldn't) that Papali'i would go to another club?

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I find it amusing how a lot of the media then use the opposite narrative for Burton

Reactions: J_B

CeeEss

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Are they frightened that if they made Crighton fullback (I wouldn't) that Papali'i would go to another club?
I reckon that's part of it although Crighton is also arguably the worlds best centre at the moment.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
To be completely honest. Critchon is the best centre at the club. Possibly in the comp at the moment. He would be a bottom 5 fullback. Do we keep him on the left edge and let him and JAC build their combo. Possibly into origin and have a deadly edge. Or do we move him after 3 games and throw him at fullback and possibly take a year to get him accustom to playing the one.

The few occasions he played there for Penrith he didn’t look great. Do we weaken one position? I still think Tracey is our strongest fullback and will make the 170+m a game that will help us (with our lack of forwards and meter eaters). I’m sure critta is a step up from Taaffe. But not sure he will ever be in the discussion with turbo, teddy, pinga, Walsh, gutho. Is it worth moving one of if not the best centre for a top 10 fullback?

If it was Manu then 100% but not sure if it’s worth weakening our left edge. Unless critta wants the new challenge. Then I’d say fair enough if he is looking for that and wants to be that player then sure.

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sign Terral May and his brother,
Sign Trey Mooney
Sign Thomas Mikaele

Get rid of Ryan Sutton
Get rid of Liam Knight
Get rid if Jackson Topine if he's still with the club.

I'm sure with these changes it would make a difference.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

cuzza

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
lol Didnt we sign JAC as a fullback too ;)