Bulldogs chairman Ray Dib lifts the lid on why the club had to sack Des Hasler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ironstine

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
So Teddy said he would sign with us if we signed Moses????

So why isn't Moses playing at the Roosters? Couldn't Uncle Nick fit him in his cap?

Teddy had no problem signing at easts without Moses
Teddy had no problem signing at the Rooters because Cronk was riding into town maybe?

Reactions: DT

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
So Teddy said he would sign with us if we signed Moses????

So why isn't Moses playing at the Roosters? Couldn't Uncle Nick fit him in his cap?

Teddy had no problem signing at easts without Moses
Why is everyone trying to discredit this part of the story by mentioning how they aren't playing together atm? It wasn't like it was a must have condition for them, it was just an option that they were happy to take up. I have doubts this part of the story is true considering we could of had Maloney years ago but Hasler didn't rate him sonthe deal didn't go through.

I also see this more of them wanting to play with better players. Teddy has Cronk, Keary, Cordner etc at the Roosters. Moses has Norman, Gutho, Jennings, etc at Parra. We on the other hand didn't have a very appealing roster or a style of play.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Why is everyone trying to discredit this part of the story by mentioning how they aren't playing together atm? It wasn't like it was a must have condition for them, it was just an option that they were happy to take up. I have doubts this part of the story is true considering we could of had Maloney years ago but Hasler didn't rate him sonthe deal didn't go through.

I also see this more of them wanting to play with better players. Teddy has Cronk, Keary, Cordner etc at the Roosters. Moses has Norman, Gutho, Jennings, etc at Parra. We on the other hand didn't have a very appealing roster or a style of play.
Dib says "Tedesco said, "I want to play for the Dogs but I need to know who the halves will be. If you sign Mitchell, I will sign tomorrow. I'm with you"." If he was so keen to sign with us he would have, without Moses like he did at the Roosters.

It seems to have been conditional on Moses being there, a condition that he didn't have when he signed with the Roosters. Cronk hadn't signed with Easts at that stage. He signed knowing that Pearce and Keary would be the halves. If it bothered him so much who the halves would be, it wasn't a problem not knowing when Pearces' next brain fart would be and would need more Thai therapy.

Just seems like Dibs' story is not lining up.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dib is a slimey fucking liar....

I listened to his radio interview early last year with Graham hughes i think after we re-signed Hasler. He was so smug with his replies and he was so far up Haslers ass and even was saying nothing wring with our playing style.
He never offered Reynolds a contract. So many other lies. His actions have led the club to be in this position amd now he is lying out of his ass to keep hos job safe..
Lynne Anderson is a much smarter operator of the club, she brought in multi-cultural days back in the 90s and helped the club usher in a new Era. The rebel ticket dont have the Ego of Dib and have the personal experience of what Dogs used to stand for.

Time for sweeping change is my opinion.
Lynne Anderson a smart operator????can I remind up until October last year she was a board member of the Titans! What did she bring the Titans? She was sensational when head of Marketing at The Dogs in the 90’s. Let’s leave it at that.
:-People in glasshouses..........
Steve Price shat on this club when he left, and not until his canditature did he have anything nice/positive to say about the club- ego?
Paul Dunn, well he was CEO at Souths for all of 6 mths.
So all of the above are loyal to the Dogs & quality candidates to lead for our great club? PLEASE!!!!
Put your hard earned on roughie in R5 at Goulburn today if you’re that big a punter

The only credible candidate would who has runs on the board on the rebel ticket is John Ballesty.

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Dib says "Tedesco said, "I want to play for the Dogs but I need to know who the halves will be. If you sign Mitchell, I will sign tomorrow. I'm with you"." If he was so keen to sign with us he would have, without Moses like he did at the Roosters.

It seems to have been conditional on Moses being there, a condition that he didn't have when he signed with the Roosters. Cronk hadn't signed with Easts at that stage. He signed knowing that Pearce and Keary would be the halves. If it bothered him so much who the halves would be, it wasn't a problem not knowing when Pearces' next brain fart would be and would need more Thai therapy.

That's hardly a good counter argument at all. Pearce and Keary is still a much better halves pairing than what we had...Cronk was also believed to have agreed to terms with the Roosters well in advance of his contract announcement.

This part of Dibs story makes perfect sense, looks like people just wabt to shit on absolutely everything he has said.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
That's hardly a good counter argument at all. Pearce and Keary is still a much better halves pairing than what we had...Cronk was also believed to have agreed to terms with the Roosters well in advance of his contract announcement.

This part of Dibs story makes perfect sense, looks like people just wabt to shit on absolutely everything he has said.
Exactly. Plus if Moses did not come, what carrot is there to play at the dogs for Tedesco? Woods? I think not. At the Roosters he will get the same money or more as we would have offered, they have a much better roster and style, and he is bum buddies with Minichello. I can understand someone thinking Dib's story sounds a bit suss, but saying it is BS just because he didn't end up signing with us is absolutely ridiculous.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Exactly. Plus if Moses did not come, what carrot is there to play at the dogs for Tedesco? Woods? I think not. At the Roosters he will get the same money or more as we would have offered, they have a much better roster and style, and he is bum buddies with Minichello. I can understand someone thinking Dib's story sounds a bit suss, but saying it is BS just because he didn't end up signing with us is absolutely ridiculous.
Not saying it is BS but it is suss. It sounds to me like he is exaggerating the real circumstances and how much Tedesco really wanted to sign with us, and is using Hasler as a scapegoat as to why we didn't get him.

Just doesn't feel right. He just comes across as a slimy politician, telling half truths. Makes you wonder what other truths he may be stretching.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Maybe Cronk was a done deal and Teddy knew it. Even if he didn't he had a genuine 1st grade half / five eight combo to go to at the Rooters.
So he was gung ho to get his mate to the Bulldogs and then just drops him like a hot potato because Uncle Nick called?

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

I agree Pearce and Keary were a better (but a little more unstable) halfs combo.

I just don't understand how he flushes a deal with us for Moses then abandons him to sign with the Roosters. Doesn't sound like someone who was very keen to sign with us in the first place.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

Or perhaps it was more about the halves we had at the time and obviously knowing the Reynolds was going and Mbye wasn't doing much he thought that he couldn't make a big enough difference. The last thing he wanted to do was go into a team with questionable halves combination like he had at the Tigers given the way they were coached at the time. He knew Moses was a good player and was indicating that if be bought him we would have a top flight combination. Seems like he was right given the way Moses has played since he left the tiggers. He signed with the rorters because they had Pearce and Keary at the time and getting Cronk was an absolute bonus. Don't forget he played with Pearce in Origin. Let's face it if it wasn't basically true then Hasler will add it to the statement of claim won't he.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I agree Pearce and Keary were a better (but a little more unstable) halfs combo.

I just don't understand how he flushes a deal with us for Moses then abandons him to sign with the Roosters. Doesn't sound like someone who was very keen to sign with us in the first place.
Because no other club was offering a similar deal? It was just a selling point for our club, with it gone we weren't as attractive.

silverelvis69

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I thought the article was a good read, and the only reason why I believe most of it is because people mentioned could easily come out and call him a liar if it was all total BS which I doubt he would risk for some really massive comments.

But then again Dib is a master at deception, he would make a pretty good politician.

Either way he has failed at his job and I hope the voting members make him take responsibility for those failures because he sure as hell isn't taking responsibility for anything on his own.
The dickens journalist was a soft cock.
I just get angry when one side of the story is being told and the limp dick journo reporting it hasn't got the stones to ask anything of real depth or scrutiny.

Steve M

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
A couple of observations on the Dib interview
“The boards mandate is to have a CEO and a coach, and after that the board has very little involvement”. Except when addressing players in the shed after Des was "re-signed"
“Des wasn’t convinced on Moses. I organised a personal meeting with Tedesco and Woods with Des.”
“We’ve never interfered with recruitment”.
Just some observations

Steve M

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Lynne Anderson was on the board at titans and she played a part in running that club to the ground and sending it broke.Yep very smart operator indeed.Lets all vote her in.Ive read some stupid things in my life but some in here take the fucking cake.
I've read some stupid things in my life but some in here take the fucking cake.

Indeed.

Lynne Anderson was appointed to the Board of the Titans in November 2015 and announced by then Titans chair, Rebecca Frizelle. She and three others were appointed as the club moved towards being independently run.
The Titans new owners, a consortium of 4, including Rebecca Frizelle, was announced on 14 December 2017.

Did Lynne Anderson play a part in running that Club to the ground and sending it broke?

Probably not

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I think you are right...Dibs problem appears to be Hasler and he will go down the same path as him and be ‘let go’.
What Dib couldnt say i believe is that Tedesco didnt want to be coached by Hasler and i reckon Woods only came because he was told Hasler was getting punted.
We shall see i guess.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've read some stupid things in my life but some in here take the fucking cake.

Indeed.

Lynne Anderson was appointed to the Board of the Titans in November 2015 and announced by then Titans chair, Rebecca Frizelle. She and three others were appointed as the club moved towards being independently run.
The Titans new owners, a consortium of 4, including Rebecca Frizelle, was announced on 14 December 2017.

Did Lynne Anderson play a part in running that Club to the ground and sending it broke?

Probably not
Probably not or not ? You cant be on a board and not own the performance and say she had nothing to do with it ,why isnt she still there if shes so awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.