Bulldogs chairman Ray Dib lifts the lid on why the club had to sack Des Hasler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Sorry mate, but nobody really has any clue what our salary cap is. You can speculate all day, as does the media, but no one knows shit. We all just think we do.
Fact is, we were over the cap, we had to let several players go in order to be under, and now we are. There was never any room for tabasco. Unless of course we didnt sign foran.
You are confusing the timing of events though. This was all happening a year ago and of course if we lose Reynolds and don't sign Foran there is over $1m right there. Say that is Teddy's ask that then leaves only Moses for around $500k There is still money in the gap between Graham and Woods and one of the things the other two said was that they would take a cut to keep the three of them together. You are right we don't know the cap but Dib does and he was the one making the deals. So if he is indicating we could have done it then we have to take that at face value. Moot point now though and it's time to move on. I agree with you though that Mbye could be anything at FB. Up to him now....

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Because the Tigers are a weak club nd had bo idea whilw letting players dictate terms. There's a difference between that and wanting to play with a certain players or having input into your clubs recruitment. No doubt Bellamy asks Smith and Slater how thet feel about certain players or who they want to play in the 7 this year.
Of he course he does they are greats of the game. Moses and Teddy haven't really done anything to warrant saying who should play stand off for our club.

Art Vandelay

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Perhaos your married, perhaps your not? But my wife is my best friend, and by far and away the person who best understands and tolerates me on the planet. So why would it not work?
Congratulations on your marriage, im happy for you, but my statement was purely in regards to mixing business with your personal life. Maybe they can make it work....maybe they cant. But personally im not confident with it. Im sure you disagree.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Congratulations on your marriage, im happy for you, but my statement was purely in regards to mixing business with your personal life. Maybe they can make it work....maybe they cant. But personally im not confident with it. Im sure you disagree.
The only time I have ever seen a husband and wife combination work well together in business, is when their rolls don't actually cross over and they don't see each other at work often or in a very limited capacity.

But there is always exceptions to this, I just haven't seen it in my experiences.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The only time I have ever seen a husband and wife combination work well together in business, is when their rolls don't actually cross over and they don't see each other at work often or in a very limited capacity.

But there is always exceptions to this, I just haven't seen it in my experiences.
Well of course, if their rolls overlapped they wouldn't fit in the same room

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
View attachment 4901

Get's off scott free according to most fans.

And Tedesco was never coming. He renigged with the Raiders, and did the same with us. He was only ever after the top dollar.
I have it on very good authority that Tedesco was a done deal- he reneged at the 11th hour due to Hasler rejecting Moses

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Thousands of business around Australia are successfully run by couples (albeit not usually as big as the bulldogs). Not necessarily saying I could so it with my missus but I think Lynne & Chris have been together long enough to know what works for them.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Thousands of business around Australia are successfully run by couples (albeit not usually as big as the bulldogs). Not necessarily saying I could so it with my missus but I think Lynne & Chris have been together long enough to know what works for them.
Like I said
I'm sure there are exceptions
I merely pointed out what I have witnessed

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Dib is a slimey fucking liar....

I listened to his radio interview early last year with Graham hughes i think after we re-signed Hasler. He was so smug with his replies and he was so far up Haslers ass and even was saying nothing wring with our playing style.
He never offered Reynolds a contract. So many other lies. His actions have led the club to be in this position amd now he is lying out of his ass to keep hos job safe..
Lynne Anderson is a much smarter operator of the club, she brought in multi-cultural days back in the 90s and helped the club usher in a new Era. The rebel ticket dont have the Ego of Dib and have the personal experience of what Dogs used to stand for.

Time for sweeping change is my opinion.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
There not a Rebel ticket. They are a reform ticket. They have a big job of restoring the Bulldogs to their former glory.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Perhaos your married, perhaps your not? But my wife is my best friend, and by far and away the person who best understands and tolerates me on the planet. So why would it not work?
In the case of the Anderson's Lyn must wear the pants if the board is going to be successful.

x-factor

Y.N.W.A
Reaction score

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Cheers. I dont necessarily agree nor disagree. I just dont think you should automatically think it wont, based purely on the fact that they are married.

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Regardless of how things went down. Hasler tried to be all secretive with everything he did when the whole competition worked him and our team out to stubborn to evolve and reinvent him self. Bellemy is miles ahead of him

Reactions: DT

bulldog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Dib is a slimey fucking liar....

I listened to his radio interview early last year with Graham hughes i think after we re-signed Hasler. He was so smug with his replies and he was so far up Haslers ass and even was saying nothing wring with our playing style.
I remember this nugget below from https://www.triplem.com.au/sport/nr...t-has-set-alarm-bells-ringing-at-the-bulldogs

‘has any one here got a problem with Des? We’ve gotta support Des. Des is our man, We gotta get behind Des’
...Dib said fans had every right to call for his and Hasler's sacking but was confident the club would salvage its disappointing season.
1 down 1 to go IMO, he made his bed then stood by and watched Des take a shit in it.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So Teddy said he would sign with us if we signed Moses????

So why isn't Moses playing at the Roosters? Couldn't Uncle Nick fit him in his cap?

Teddy had no problem signing at easts without Moses

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I thought the article was a good read, and the only reason why I believe most of it is because people mentioned could easily come out and call him a liar if it was all total BS which I doubt he would risk for some really massive comments.

But then again Dib is a master at deception, he would make a pretty good politician.

Either way he has failed at his job and I hope the voting members make him take responsibility for those failures because he sure as hell isn't taking responsibility for anything on his own.

Status
Not open for further replies.