Not open for further replies.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yeah and some players like to be in little a clique. Some players destabilise clubs and the club goes through coach after coach trying to please those star cliquey players.

Tigpies sure looked like they had a piss poor culture with the players running the place.
Because the Tigers are a weak club nd had bo idea whilw letting players dictate terms. There's a difference between that and wanting to play with a certain players or having input into your clubs recruitment. No doubt Bellamy asks Smith and Slater how thet feel about certain players or who they want to play in the 7 this year.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Buy now, worry later
And release players

Pff
Not that simple to release players mate. We struggled to do this. Unless we are prepared to let go players that other clubs want, like klemmer. We would end up paying a big chunk of their salary. To play against us. After paying part of their salary, how much space under the cap would the release create?
Not to mention the backlash from some of the fans. Someone here even started a thread called "players let go" to bitch about this

Gallo2014

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Rubbish! Tedesco was always going to the Roosters... never a doubt. He was a fan of them and was a fan of Fittler and Mini. As courtesy he gave other teams a chance. Moses wasn't wanted by the Roosters so why is he going there? Or he could have chosen to stick with Woods. Dib is spinning porky pies and blaming it on Hassler. Get real!

Oldsage

Oldsage
Reaction score
Dib has a huge problem taking responsibility. God id hate to be married to him
Dib's saying 'it's OK to make mistakes because he does and everyone does ' so he's pardoning himself.
He then goes on about how its not OK to make them twice and he's pretty confident he doesn't..!
He then realises keeping Hasler on for 3 seasons after 2014 was a repeated mistake BUT wait!!!!.. It wasn't his fault because he was blindsided by des's trickery of making the grand final.. It's all Des's fault not yours dib.

Art Vandelay

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting read. Ill agree with Dib on one thing.......i particularly dont like the idea of having a husband & wife on the same board. Just cant see it working.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He is telling the truth.I reported in here that it was a done deal with all 3 and on the 11th hour Des fucked it up.Thats exactly what I said back in sep/oct.
thats unfortunate. I probably commented on your post at the time to, ill admit i was never keen on Moses at the time, but after his Parra and world cup form ive backflipped... could have had Teddy to :(. Anyways thats all said and done, for now ill patiently await your scoops on potential signings for 2019/2020 when we have plenty of cash !

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Rubbish! Tedesco was always going to the Roosters... never a doubt. He was a fan of them and was a fan of Fittler and Mini. As courtesy he gave other teams a chance. Moses wasn't wanted by the Roosters so why is he going there? Or he could have chosen to stick with Woods. Dib is spinning porky pies and blaming it on Hassler. Get real!
Even if true (that we were a chance to get him) im kinda glad we didnt get him. We didnt need a fullback that desperately. Desperately enough to release a million dollars more talent than we already have, to fit him under the cap. I wouldnt want to give back Foran or Woods at this stage either, to afford Tedesco. We needed a half more (Foran) and it makes sense to get an experienced forward in (Woods) coz we lost Graham and Kasiano. And for all we know, Mbye will kill it at fb this year for less money than Tedesco anyway.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
My sentiments exactly. I think he wanted to really stick it too the poor performance of Raelene as well but couldn’t for obvious political reasons.
But he recruited her and des at the end of the day, hopefully he doesn’t make this mistake again.
Still trying to blame Castle for Dib’s messy bed eh?

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Even if true (that we were a chance to get him) im kinda glad we didnt get him. We didnt need a fullback that desperately. Desperately enough to release a million dollars more talent than we already have, to fit him under the cap. I wouldnt want to give back Foran or Woods at this stage either, to afford Tedesco. We needed a half more (Foran) and it makes sense to get an experienced forward in (Woods) coz we lost Graham and Kasiano. And for all we know, Mbye will kill it at fb this year for less money than Tedesco anyway.
The bit a lot of people seem to have overlooked in this is the bit about Graham going anyway because we wouldn't offer him another 3 years. If that is the case then we probably aren't paying much for him at all this year (if anything) and he had a $1m chunk of the cap. So with Woods being cheaper than that, Kasiano going ($650k) Reynolds going ($450k) and Foran coming ($650k) with the extra $2m in the cap plus effectively Reynolds money we had money available for Teddy and Moses. So had we taken Moses instead of Foran even with all the other upgrades going on about the place there should have been money there somewhere for Teddy. Imagine a spine of Lichaa, Moses, Mbye & Teddy. That's a lot of points.

Art Vandelay

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cant i just say, & this may be a little off the main topic BUT Hasler & Crusher Cleal are the biggest tightarse's!!!
Ive met Crusher, & the bloke would deadset argue ovet 10c.
Ok, now that Ive made this point, everyone can now continue on....

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dib has a huge problem taking responsibility. God id hate to be married to him
Dib's saying 'it's OK to make mistakes because he does and everyone does ' so he's pardoning himself.
He then goes on about how its not OK to make them twice and he's pretty confident he doesn't..!
He then realises keeping Hasler on for 3 seasons after 2014 was a repeated mistake BUT wait!!!!.. It wasn't his fault because he was blindsided by des's trickery of making the grand final.. It's all Des's fault not yours dib.
Lady it is a sign of weakness Dib must have bent over backwoods to appease Hasler. Politicians are the same doing anything to appease people to get elected and in the end stuff everything up.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
The bit a lot of people seem to have overlooked in this is the bit about Graham going anyway because we wouldn't offer him another 3 years. If that is the case then we probably aren't paying much for him at all this year (if anything) and he had a $1m chunk of the cap. So with Woods being cheaper than that, Kasiano going ($650k) Reynolds going ($450k) and Foran coming ($650k) with the extra $2m in the cap plus effectively Reynolds money we had money available for Teddy and Moses. So had we taken Moses instead of Foran even with all the other upgrades going on about the place there should have been money there somewhere for Teddy. Imagine a spine of Lichaa, Moses, Mbye & Teddy. That's a lot of points.
....the math is still we would have who we do right now, less a million dollars worth of talent, but with tedesco. Its not the best case scenario imo.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I’m not sold on Moses at all. He had a few good games for tigers at back end of season 2-3 years ago forget which season. Be string a few in a row. Looked good. Went back to trash. He had a point to make for eels and did well enough. A fit and focused Foran is far superior. If he’s that or not is the question.

Tedesco, damn quality player. Would love him. That said if rts is a possibility I’d take him with Foran over those 2! Moses and Mbye as a pairing would be a nightmare. Neither can run a game or control shit. Norman is the superior half there and Foran will Be For us!

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I tell you this.

Both our halves were shit Mbye and Reynolds
I would have jumped at Moses and also get Tedesco who
We
Need
Ever
So badly
Because
We
Don’t
Have a
Fucking fullback.

It’s a no brainer.
I would have signed them up to fix fb problem and surly do better with what we were doing in the halves.

Still spewing we lost Tedesco .

Foran is a big risk!
Same ol same ol from you. Would you really prefer a player make demands like "if you dont sign my mate moses i wont sign", a la the tigers fiasco???
Foran is no big risk. You are just dwelling on negative shit from the past like many other kennelers. Get over it. He has done all the rehab he needed. He has a partner, and he is close to his kids again. What more does he have to do to prove he is worthy of your almighty praise?
And for the record, Mbye will kill it next year. Just wait and see.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Interesting read. Ill agree with Dib on one thing.......i particularly dont like the idea of having a husband & wife on the same board. Just cant see it working.
Perhaos your married, perhaps your not? But my wife is my best friend, and by far and away the person who best understands and tolerates me on the planet. So why would it not work?

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
....the math is still we would have who we do right now, less a million dollars worth of talent, but with tedesco. Its not the best case scenario imo.
Exactly. We lost enough players.
You can quote me now, but im expecting masive things from mbye!. Im expecting him to become one of the best fullbacks in the game.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sorry mate, but nobody really has any clue what our salary cap is. You can speculate all day, as does the media, but no one knows shit. We all just think we do.
Fact is, we were over the cap, we had to let several players go in order to be under, and now we are. There was never any room for tabasco. Unless of course we didnt sign foran.

Status
Not open for further replies.