Bulldogs chairman Ray Dib lifts the lid on why the club had to sack Des Hasler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
From all reports Moses is on similar money at the Eels to what we signed Foran for and Tedesco would be on big coin at the Roosters. So how would we fit in Woods, Tedesco and Moses when Foran and Woods cost us Graham and Reynolds and a few others? We would have completely blown the cap.

Dib's interview also makes Woods seem like a little bitch who went back on his word.

Also signing 3 out of the 4 players who were basically running their club into the ground and dictating what their board would do is not a good idea. I can see why Des wouldn't want to bring all 3 of them over regardless of how good they can play.

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tigers had all 3 and did them no good.
I honestly think Woods was the best of the bunch, Tedesco is a good player but if i had the choice of thise 3 i take Woods and if i have to decide between Foran and Tedesco, i take Foran...

I think we came out of it all really well...Woods will be huge as will Foran.

Tacky

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Tigers had all 3 and did them no good.
I honestly think Woods was the best of the bunch, Tedesco is a good player but if i had the choice of thise 3 i take Woods and if i have to decide between Foran and Tedesco, i take Foran...

I think we came out of it all really well...Woods will be huge as will Foran.
Sure mate.

Maybe if you keep repeating that to yourself you'll eventually start believing it.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
For what it is worth, i just have to get back on here and urge everyone, let's seriously put all the stuff and arguments on here aside and be objective- today's article mote than vaildates my fears for our club. This is a very low day in the history of our club, for an interview like that to be made public, very damaging for our club and very damaging for many individuals in our club and very damaging for many people across the game. A very low day.
RIP Cantebury Bankstown Bulldogs.
Sorry mate, but thats complete bullshit from my perspective. Ever since the des fiasco finished the club has done everything that they can to make the fans happy. Including this article.
We have all been up in arms and demanding answers. To me this article answers a few, and also proves that many people who think they know everything, really dont.
This is refreshing for me, its hardly our darkest hour. Get a grip mate!!

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think if we had signed Tedesco & Moses, then Des would not have re-signed & we would have got Pay anyway. I think Des may have felt undermined & would have gone elsewhere. We could have had our cake & eaten it too.
Bingo.!

This would have been the best outcome.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hasler's Foran obsession has cost us Moses and Teddy. Hope Mbye clicks and Foran stays on the park at all times. Thanks Des and Dib you fuckwits!!! Hope Price wins. Dib is just using his past as a sob story to get votes. Dib no one cares. Just leave.
So your first point is that hasler got what he wanted and we didnt sign tabasco, which is the opposite to what dib wanted, and the second point is that dib is a fuckwit. Fucking amazing argument mate. You read the article, but did you actually understand it?

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Missed Teddy by that much....:cry:
And you still have a shit team. I doubt you will ever win a comp. Go and have a sook on your own forum, we dont give a shit about the tigers mate.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I’m basing my theory on Hasler wanting Moses, we all know Hasler is a stubborn person, but worse than that is his an arrogant one! Combine the two and it’s goodbye!!
So are you saying that the article is incorrect and Des did want Moses? (& who knows that could be correct)

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So are you saying that the article is incorrect and Des did want Moses? (& who knows that could be correct)
No, I’m saying if Hasler did want Moses.

Last edited:

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think good as Tedesco is, he is made of glass and still a big injury risk
Our issue is the 6 and 7 if we get that right the rest falls into place
That may have been the case 3 years ago, but Tedesco has hardly missed any matches since.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We never let things play out in the media like this! Dib should never have done this interview (good read or otherwise)....

Reactions: DT

Tacky

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You guys can talk... :P

He was the main reason Tigers scored points last year. A Tigers side without Tedesco might struggle to score points.
Wests Tigers top try scorers 2017:
Kevin Naiqama------------- 7
David Nofoaluma---------- 7
MWZ-(played 13 games)- 6
ET---------------------------- 5
Teddy-(played 20 games)-5
Luke Brooks---------------- 4
Tui-(played 12 games)---- 4

Wot?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Wests Tigers top try scorers 2017:
Kevin Naiqama------------- 7
David Nofoaluma---------- 7
MWZ-(played 13 games)- 6
ET---------------------------- 5
Teddy-(played 20 games)-5
Luke Brooks---------------- 4
Tui-(played 12 games)---- 4

Wot?
Who's playing right centre next to David Nofa? Need to know for SC reasons.

Tacky

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Who's playing right centre next to David Nofa? Need to know for SC reasons.
Most likely Esan Marsters if Moses Suli isn't fit in time for round 1. Played there for the second half of last season.

Junkey

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Sorry mate, but thats complete bullshit from my perspective. Ever since the des fiasco finished the club has done everything that they can to make the fans happy. Including this article.
We have all been up in arms and demanding answers. To me this article answers a few, and also proves that many people who think they know everything, really dont.
This is refreshing for me, its hardly our darkest hour. Get a grip mate!!
I would say the same to you but.......

Status
Not open for further replies.