News Bulldogs bid to poach Phil Gould from Warriors

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
This is peobably good news.
Gould is balls deep into his sixties now, and I cant see him doing this ops stuff for too much longer, with his numerous media gigs and that. It could be his last decent term role doing this, and id like it to be us yo. he knows his thing, he pays off the correct dealers, he understands the lebanese, he is an old bulldog and has massive pull and sway with players and the media. We get him now we have the chance of a good 4/5 year partnership.

On the other hand, people have forgotten that one of goulds objective at the panthers was to get the juniors going, but only because, with a junior base that rivals brisbane, it was ridiculous that they werent powerhouses. They were losing juniors and in debt.
he wasnt there as a miracle maker, but rather put thangs 'as they should be'.

im not sure its the case with us with our small junior base. he will do some good things, such as his 'act like a big club' speech last year.

also remember he dumped ivan whilst ivan was in heat....then was against his re hiring, to the point he left, and look where they at now.

he has to come om board, but not with full free reign.

That is how i see it, and you know that has merit, coming from Nasheed.

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This.

2 - 3 years ago we laughed at how long Gould's 5 year plan was taking....
I sure as hell didn’t. But have had people tear me down for suggesting he worked with us way back then, the OUTSTANDING job he did at Penrith.
I’ve also had arguments that Bellamy is a myth, Cam Smith and Cronk are over rated, Lichaa WILL play origin and most recently that Manly will finish above us on the ladder (actually prepared a 10k bet for anyone that was insulting me in a foul matter for my opinion) been right every time. But enough about me I’m sounding like a dick. Gould is a must,we are an absolute mess and next year won’t be any better at this rate. Big fan of what he’ll bring to the table.

mr j

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He was never going to come to us. He hasn’t forgiven us for betraying him in the late 80s.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
was s
He was never going to come to us. He hasn’t forgiven us for betraying him in the late 80s.
But the villains l, the Moore’s and the Anderson’s, have been ran out of town by the habibs so he can reassert his power.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Already has a pretty big head, not sure he is going to be our savior.

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This is peobably good news.
Gould is balls deep into his sixties now, and I cant see him doing this ops stuff for too much longer, with his numerous media gigs and that. It could be his last decent term role doing this, and id like it to be us yo. he knows his thing, he pays off the correct dealers, he understands the lebanese, he is an old bulldog and has massive pull and sway with players and the media. We get him now we have the chance of a good 4/5 year partnership.

On the other hand, people have forgotten that one of goulds objective at the panthers was to get the juniors going, but only because, with a junior base that rivals brisbane, it was ridiculous that they werent powerhouses. They were losing juniors and in debt.
he wasnt there as a miracle maker, but rather put thangs 'as they should be'.

im not sure its the case with us with our small junior base. he will do some good things, such as his 'act like a big club' speech last year.

also remember he dumped ivan whilst ivan was in heat....then was against his re hiring, to the point he left, and look where they at now.

he has to come om board, but not with full free reign.

That is how i see it, and you know that has merit, coming from Nasheed.
Is he "balls deep" like you were with Ol' blue eyes?
He might understand Lebanese, but has no fuckin idea about Indian gangsters.......yo'

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
So Gus is done and coming ? Just confused with his post today then.
What was his post?
You can’t trust anything should posts. He unapologetically lies to the media to protect interests. He has admitted he does this without apology.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
i blame gould for the position the club is in, when he opened his big mouth about how our style wasn't working anymore in 2007, the members agreed and there was a cleaning out of the club

the club tried to get back to that style but its not like turning on a light switch, we already threw it all down the drain

Isaac

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Thank god we didn’t get that clown. His a traitor, talks so much shit about the club. Penrith Won’t last long on the top. Will see how many players will ask for money. There reserve team got beaten by Mounties last week. So Gus reckons it starts from the bottom.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Feels like we are continually getting kicked while we are down :grinning: Something promising happens, rumours go berserk, on a high that something positive happening for our beloved club.... days or even hours later, it's all over :grinning:

Only way is up. Think of Fox and Burto till we hear more.
In other words, lay back & think of England!