News Bulldogs bid to poach Phil Gould from Warriors

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
???

I informed Bulldog Chairman John Khoury early last week that I could not accept the very kind offer. I’m very committed to my role with
@NZWarriors and the long term vision we share.
In other words, I want to but I can't. The can't part is he is contracted to the Warriors. You never know.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hey mate l, Can you confirm or or non confirm that you know what the real outcome will be?

Answer "Aye" for yes Gould dogs.
Answer "Yar" for no Gould dogs.
It's a waiting game !
That sucks. Would've been the best possible move we could ever make at the moment. Not sure where to go from here. I suppose try again every year.
Don't lose hope !

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Warriors have shot down the prospect of Phil Gould joining the Bulldogs after Canterbury made a left-field play to sign the figurehead who led the club to the 1988 premiership.

Warriors CEO Cameron George has confirmed Gould approached he and club owner Mark Robinson at Magic Round to tell them the Bulldogs had bumped him about returning to Belmore.

But George told Fox Sports the move had been torpedoed with Gould re-committing to his consultancy role with the Warriors in the pathways and development space.

“Gus approached myself and Mark Robinson at Magic Round and told us the Bulldogs had approached him about a possible return to the club,” George said.

“Gus has obviously got huge history at the Bulldogs and we respect that.

“We asked him if he genuinely wanted to pursue the opportunity and he told us he was committed to the Warriors.

The Bulldogs chairman rang Mark Robinson earlier this week to try and explore it further.

“But Gus has assured us he’s remaining with the Warriors and we intend to try and extend the terms of his contract beyond next year.

“Having someone of his calibre in the game affiliated with our club has been outstanding for us.

“He loves his work in the development and pathways structure. After having a conversation with him we were never concerned that he was going to leave.”

“Gould played an integral role in the Warriors signing Brisbane Broncos young gun Reece Walsh and recently made his first trip to New Zealand since the relaxation of the COVID bubble.
Gould responded to the report via Twitter.

DF3F00D1-F8D4-471E-9260-F9FB70419266.jpeg

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
In other words, I want to but I can't. The can't part is he is contracted to the Warriors. You never know.
“We asked him if he genuinely wanted to pursue the opportunity and he told us he was committed to the Warriors." - Warriors CEO

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
“We asked him if he genuinely wanted to pursue the opportunity and he told us he was committed to the Warriors." - Warriors CEO
Covid-19 will have a significant influence on the outcome :grinning:

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We should be looking to employ the best talent scout whom ever that is. That should be our next signing.
According to gus a few years back:

Peter Sharp is a good man. Humble, always polite, always helpful. Peter is a real footy man. He loves the game. I don’t think I have ever met anyone more knowledgeable about rugby league than Peter Sharp. If you listen to him, I guarantee you will learn something. Peter has spent his life bringing kids through the junior systems and teaching them the game. Many of these young players have gone on to enjoy very rewarding professional careers and performed at the highest level.

Already with us.

jake6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Ffs just seems like hit after hit with this club. I’m half expecting a Burton backflip just to follow the script