Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'll replace him with Francis Tualau
Hahaha boom.

We'll see what happens come round 1.

Just saw a few cleeland highlights. Not bad. Would like to see him get a run tbh

MasterP

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You coming to the meeting tomorrow morning at Canterbury League's

jasonsmith1994

Waterboy
Reaction score
IF WE ARE SLOW IN 2017 WE AINT GONNA CONVERT FITTLER OR JOEY TO ALWAYS PICK THE OTHER TEAM

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
l
I hope hasler and the players come out and prove all the doubters (me included) wrong and they put in a consistent season where all the fans can enjoy the style the Bulldogs play again, we get to the finals and give it a good shake! But deadset I mean we've been training since November and as others have mentioned we played like we've just met! No set plays, no discipline (I don't know how anyone would tell Sam to run straight and hard, and offload when it's on) their probably scared he might eat them and put the weight again... The performances have been like we don't really care and they probably don't! But again, like others have mentioned have some respect for the jersey and at least make it look like your putting in.
Yeah fair enough mate. I think you're entitled to want to at least see a bit of effort, even if I don't find the comp too meaningful in the scheme of things.....

I'm definitely not filled with optimism about this year either...as you can see from my previous reply haha.

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hey Dogzof95, the bit I highlighted has summed up both the Bulldogs past and future.

The Cowboys and Rabbitohs have won a 9s comp and also have taken out a premiership. If that little stat doesn't back up your opinion I don't know what would.

As far as the Bulldogs are concerned our head coach, The Hasbeen, doesn't bother going, our squad's style op play is pedestrian and the other clubs juniors, reserves and first graders all out perform ours.

My personal summing up of the season:

1. 9s we get shat on (shat is the past tense of the verb "to shit")
2. Trial matches are ordinary
3. Main season: Each week I have unfounded hope that "this time we'll fire up and win it". But as this is my 56th year of following the Berries / Bulldogs reality tells me it will be another season of:

An easy beat pack
No go forward thanks to a crap dummy half
Lousy mid field defence
We get creamed in defence
No set plays or variation in attack because we've got no attack
No kicking game
No 5th tackle options

And then at the full time hooter "Fuck 'em. Why do I bother".
Parrra would of come close last year if they made the semis and Foran healthy...

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
Another shit performance lol no surprises there tbh.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It shouldn't be a gauge I agree! But look at the results - 2015 premiership winners won in 2014 9s and the the 2014 premiership winners won in 2015 9s! So far their the stats and stats don't lie!
All it means is the teams that have players who are more suited to nines than we do, nothing more nothing less.
All I'm talking about is attitude and you've proven how attitude is so important! You can have a team without Thurston and win and AB's can load their team and lose! Winning is about attitude! We've lost that attitude!
100% agree with the attitude part. The attitude of Hasler and the club is piss poor. Sending that team and its so obvious they dont give a fuck about it. They still have fans who travel and spend their hard earned wanting to see better than what they dish up at the nines. I learned my lesson after the first nines. Spent a truck load of cash, booked rooms at Sky city for my mates and I and then I watched us play I was furious lol. I never been back.

Its still not a gauge for the season, but yes the sttitude towards the Nines and especially us fans is not on.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Cracks me up how des rests reynolds and mbye like they are fucking cooper cronk this would be an ideal hitout for them to work on their game that wasn't so spectacular last year

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cracks me up how des rests reynolds and mbye like they are fucking cooper cronk this would be an ideal hitout for them to work on their game that wasn't so spectacular last year
Hayne, Thurston etc... Play! Reynolds and Mbye don't play! You'd think we've won the last 3 premierships!

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah fair enough mate. I think you're entitled to want to at least see a bit of effort, even if I don't find the comp too meaningful in the scheme of things.....

I'm definitely not filled with optimism about this year either...as you can see from my previous reply haha.
How I look forward to the season starting - I'm looking forward to rugby league coming back, there are teams that have exciting game plans to watch, and then I'm hoping the Bulldogs put it together and play an exciting brand of football! It used to be - I can't wait to watch the Bulldogs smash other teams!

I remember 2004 our first game against Parramatta SBW schooling Jamie Lyon in the centres and leading 36-0 at half time! The perfect half of rugby league! Those were exciting times... Only if we can have half of that excitement coming into this season would be awesome!

Last edited:

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Dogzof95, the bit I highlighted has summed up both the Bulldogs past and future.

The Cowboys and Rabbitohs have won a 9s comp and also have taken out a premiership. If that little stat doesn't back up your opinion I don't know what would.

As far as the Bulldogs are concerned our head coach, The Hasbeen, doesn't bother going, our squad's style op play is pedestrian and the other clubs juniors, reserves and first graders all out perform ours.

My personal summing up of the season:

1. 9s we get shat on (shat is the past tense of the verb "to shit")
2. Trial matches are ordinary
3. Main season: Each week I have unfounded hope that "this time we'll fire up and win it". But as this is my 56th year of following the Berries / Bulldogs reality tells me it will be another season of:

An easy beat pack
No go forward thanks to a crap dummy half
Lousy mid field defence
We get creamed in defence
No set plays or variation in attack because we've got no attack
No kicking game
No 5th tackle options

And then at the full time hooter "Fuck 'em. Why do I bother".
I know there was a drought of premierships with the berries, but did they ever have the type of attitude we see today with Bulldogs as a club and from the players?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
GAME 3 TEAM: Carr, Montoya, Reynolds, Frawley, Fualalo, To'Omaga, Smith, Klemmer, Miller. BENCH: Phillips, Lichaa, Martin, Tualau, Lewis.

Reynolds and Grub are playing

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it compulsory for the dogs to turn up?

Quite obvious no Dogs players or officials take it seriously, or even want to be there.

Really hope that turnstile defence is just not wanting to get injured. If that's their best, they shouldn't bother lining up in round 1.

If the attitude isn't going to change next year, they should just say they aren't going. Fuck the appearance fee.

I'd respect them more if they did.

Status
Not open for further replies.