Bulldogs As Lethal As Souths Backline

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wingers are more important than centres now anyway, centres barely even make rep teams anymore.
Agree with you. Blue's squad last year had 2 fullbacks playing in the centres in Latrell and Turbo with another fullback playing in the 1 jersey in Tedesco... The year before they had Gutherson in the run on team playing on the wing or centres from memory too. This year's Dally M team of the year features Burton in the centres.. yeah he was good, but he isnt a centre either. So says alot about the position

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Agree with you. Blue's squad last year had 2 fullbacks playing in the centres in Latrell and Turbo with another fullback playing in the 1 jersey in Tedesco... The year before they had Gutherson in the run on team playing on the wing or centres from memory too. This year's Dally M team of the year features Burton in the centres.. yeah he was good, but he isnt a centre either. So says alot about the position
The way I see it says a lot about how much centres are currently underrated and underpaid, so the good ones swap to fullback where they get paid 2 to 3 times as much.

Always a Bulldog

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
On paper we have a great squad,the 2 major problems though are our 9&7 forget jmk he’s had 3 years and done nothing,would give the young bloke cook a go,I’ve only seen glimpses of him but has youth&gus on his side,would like to hear from others regarding our halves.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
On paper we have a great squad,the 2 major problems though are our 9&7 forget jmk he’s had 3 years and done nothing,would give the young bloke cook a go,I’ve only seen glimpses of him but has youth&gus on his side,would like to hear from others regarding our halves.
i dont think we have a problem at 7 or 9. I think Averillo can really evolve next year with a class operating with him. Averillo has had Lewis and Flannigan with him.
JMK is a great defensive hooker and he can run, he has shown that. What i would like to see is BBO getting more game time at 9, he is X factor there imo.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It never ceases to amaze me how petrified some on TK are to admit that we actually don’t have that bad a team for next season. That the grass is in fact not greener for every other team, we really do have a bunch of pretty decent players. Take the hate glasses off, the view isn’t as bad as some would have us believe.

Always a Bulldog
Our biggest problem is hooker.
Unless cook can be a good find

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i dont think we have a problem at 7 or 9. I think Averillo can really evolve next year with a class operating with him. Averillo has had Lewis and Flannigan with him.
JMK is a great defensive hooker and he can run, he has shown that. What i would like to see is BBO getting more game time at 9, he is X factor there imo.
It’s all about opinions,but for me jmk as I said he’s had 3 years and done nothing,has a terrible left to right passing game,I agree with u on BBO getting more game I think he’s going to turn into a real diamond for us.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
JayEmKay is the worst hooker in the game now that Levi is gone lol.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
JayEmKay is the worst hooker in the game now that Levi is gone lol.
Just my opinion of course, Turpin is the worst, then it’s a tie between Rein and McCulloch and BBrailey has had a very average year for someone rated so highly.

Always a Bulldog

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We get it you dont like Averillo but you have to let us know every post!
Yeah why not. Every thread is about the same thing, talking about the recruits and next year. They obviously bought shit load of players cause the team has been pathetic for lo g time now. Averillo isn’t first grade standard and will have pressure on him. If you don’t see that than you got no idea about footy!

BlackJackBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
It’s all about opinions,but for me jmk as I said he’s had 3 years and done nothing,has a terrible left to right passing game,I agree with u on BBO getting more game I think he’s going to turn into a real diamond for us.
Luckily Burton plays on the left

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
There is a big gap at the moment between reggies and first grade.
Always has been a big gap. Plenty of players in my lifetime were fantastic in reserve grade, but not up to first grade.

Good example Kevin Moore.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah why not. Every thread is about the same thing, talking about the recruits and next year. They obviously bought shit load of players cause the team has been pathetic for lo g time now. Averillo isn’t first grade standard and will have pressure on him. If you don’t see that than you got no idea about footy!
We'll see who knows nothing! :tearsofjoy:

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It never ceases to amaze me how petrified some on TK are to admit that we actually don’t have that bad a team for next season. That the grass is in fact not greener for every other team, we really do have a bunch of pretty decent players. Take the hate glasses off, the view isn’t as bad as some would have us believe.

Always a Bulldog
The non-performing experts on the site will always say the team is utter rubbish because they don't have superhuman agility, strength, reflexes, or stamina and we don't win every game by 60+ and unlike them, all the coaching staff have no clue...

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Just my opinion of course, Turpin is the worst, then it’s a tie between Rein and McCulloch and BBrailey has had a very average year for someone rated so highly.

Always a Bulldog
Pretty sure the Braileys have a golden ticket to stardom from either there dad or grandad is in the sharks system.