CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Averillo is clear?
Yes he's clear, made Brooks his bitch in the final game this year. Averillo would probably win Tigers player of the year also.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes he's clear, made Brooks his bitch in the final game this year. Averillo would probably win Tigers player of the year also.
What does that mean though?

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Sorry mate but I just don’t understand how anyone could think we will move Flanno on. He was diabolical last year. Best case would be someone offering him minimum wage but then we still have to cough up $300k a year to get him off our books.

I just can’t see it happening
If Brooks move on, then the Tigers will probably take him. He would actually suit the style of games the Tigers play.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Id say hands down biggest fuckwit nrl so called journalist.
Remember seeing him on 100% footy one night trying to stir shit up out of nothing.
Gus wasnt impressed, had a disgusted look on his face like he just wanted to flog him.
Years ago I saw him at Fox Studios interviewing people (or at least trying). Most fobbed him off.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Means clear gap between the two.
I don't know if we have enough data to make that leap just yet.

There's a style of play with Averillo at half we could try (speed, momentum and players in motion) and be somewhat successful imo but is it good enough to win a premiership? Probably not.

The most important question is what's the right make up in the spine? BBO is a real prospect, I'd like to see him play consistently as a 7 before locking him into a 9/14. If he looks good in the 7, where does that leave Jake? Either as a 1 or a 6, and moving Burton to Fullback?

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Brooks move on, then the Tigers will probably take him. He would actually suit the style of games the Tigers play.
We will have to agree to disagree there mate. If Brooks leaves the Tigers starting halves will be Douhei and Hastings. Douhei is out for the first few rounds but I still dont reckon they sign Flanagan. He showed nothing this year.

The problem with Flanagan is that he is on $400k(ish) for the next 2 years so anyone taking him has to take him for 2 years. I couldnt imagine anyone paying him more than $150k a year so that means we have to chip in around $250k per year for the next 2 years. It also means that even if someone takes him we only save around $150k per year which is buggar all.

I reckon any chance we had to offload him was blown when he stopped getting selected for the last few months this season. But then again he was playing shit so his stocks may have even went down further

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
We will have to agree to disagree there mate. If Brooks leaves the Tigers starting halves will be Douhei and Hastings. Douhei is out for the first few rounds but I still dont reckon they sign Flanagan. He showed nothing this year.

The problem with Flanagan is that he is on $400k(ish) for the next 2 years so anyone taking him has to take him for 2 years. I couldnt imagine anyone paying him more than $150k a year so that means we have to chip in around $250k per year for the next 2 years. It also means that even if someone takes him we only save around $150k per year which is buggar all.

I reckon any chance we had to offload him was blown when he stopped getting selected for the last few months this season. But then again he was playing shit so his stocks may have even went down further

Worst case is that he stays and he looks good in reserve grade and someone approaches us to take him off our hands. There will be a team that is desperate.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We don't want Brooks and we don't want to lose Thommo.
How am I going to say this...
There are many speculations and rumours floating about but reality isn't necessarily the same,
Thompson and Brooks's rumours are way off the mark.
There is interest in Mahoney and still in Smith.
The Cotric Parramatta"s interest was true, but the offer was a joke laughed off by the Dogs.
Who knows what will happen between now and first round kick off ?
Stay tuned :grinning:

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
There are many speculations and rumours floating about but reality isn't necessarily the same,
The Cotric Parramatta"s interest was true, but the offer was a joke laughed off by the Dogs.
Is there any truth to the Brooks link?

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the only players that are getting spoken about are the ones getting perceived overs.

Thommo is getting paid very well. He is a suspension risk. Also a risk of missing any matches outside of NSW. All things considered I want him in the side. But if he went it would free up cap space to help the balance of the squad.

Cotric was the first big name signing of the rebuild. The fact he signed would have got others signed also. He is on overs but he is much better than we saw last season. He is a keeper and will be much better with more quality around him.
(Any player moving on needs to go for full freight. We need to stop this paying for players to play elsewhere rubbish)

Flanagan well we are going to suffer with this one. He needs to go to Reggies and find something, anything ffs. Play him at 6, Play BBO at 7 and let him get some games under his belt there.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I don't know if we have enough data to make that leap just yet.

There's a style of play with Averillo at half we could try (speed, momentum and players in motion) and be somewhat successful imo but is it good enough to win a premiership? Probably not.

The most important question is what's the right make up in the spine? BBO is a real prospect, I'd like to see him play consistently as a 7 before locking him into a 9/14. If he looks good in the 7, where does that leave Jake? Either as a 1 or a 6, and moving Burton to Fullback?
There's enough data in my book to make that leap, unfortunately no one wants to read my book :(

I don't know why people don't want to give Jake a chance, he was thrown in the deep end in one of the worst NRL teams ever and had to do a lot of learning under really poor circumstances. He deserves this opportunity next season but instead people are falling into the same trap of wanting to buy this player or that player because they're "better than what we have"....the same was said about Allan and Flanagan and people wanted them shipped off within a year of playing for us.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
There's enough data in my book to make that leap, unfortunately no one wants to read my book :(

I don't know why people don't want to give Jake a chance, he was thrown in the deep end in one of the worst NRL teams ever and had to do a lot of learning under really poor circumstances. He deserves this opportunity next season but instead people are falling into the same trap of wanting to buy this player or that player because they're "better than what we have"....the same was said about Allan and Flanagan and people wanted them shipped off within a year of playing for us.
I think he did a good job. You know I'm a fan of Jake, but I'm also a fan of BBO and want them both in our long term team. Brooks would just offer a bit of experience and pressure relief for Burton for a couple of years.

Status
Not open for further replies.