Official Bulldogs and Ciraldo agree to terms

Brian Boru

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Our bench is one of the worst in the comp. Potter has done a great job in the short term to get something out of a team that was at rock bottom.
Hopefully the bench is being fixed.
Reed and Kikau are big plusses.
But without a decent 7 and 13 to run the show from there we might start from behind.
They also affect our attack from the back.
Players like Avo like to sniff around but need something to sniff.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think this is a good signing. Not expecting instant results. We have the core of a top 8 squad for mine. Some key areas need signing (forward pack). Ciraldo will attract players along with the players we already have (Burton, Fox, Mahoney, Kikau). Burton will more then likely re-sign long term.

We also will see our juniors flourish. That is the main part. This will ensure sustained success which is what we all want.

Welcome to the dogs Mr Ciraldo. Here’s hoping the 5 year deal flys by and turns into a 10 year deal.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I think this is a good signing. Not expecting instant results. We have the core of a top 8 squad for mine. Some key areas need signing (forward pack). Ciraldo will attract players along with the players we already have (Burton, Fox, Mahoney, Kikau). Burton will more then likely re-sign long term.

We also will see our juniors flourish. That is the main part. This will ensure sustained success which is what we all want.

Welcome to the dogs Mr Ciraldo. Here’s hoping the 5 year deal flys by and turns into a 10 year deal.
if we had a 7 id be confident, but we dont unfortunately

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like our attack improved markedly under “attacking guru” Barrett?
Defensive structures are taught... the problem with our attack was that Barrett was trying to implement too many attacking structures rather than letting the players play eyes up.

Defence is all about those structures. comparing defence and attack in the modern game is like chalk and cheese.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
if we had a 7 id be confident, but we dont unfortunately
It would be awesome to unearth a gem and charge through to the GF like Manly did in 2011 with DCE. I guess the longer our junior systems are nurtured, that day may come.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
It would be awesome to unearth a gem and charge through to the GF like Manly did in 2011 with DCE. I guess the longer our junior systems are nurtured, that day may come.
yep they are years away tho unfortunately , only option is BBO and i while a supporter, i dont he is ready either

JimmyRustla

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Brandy a salty **** taking this announcement away from the club

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Brandy a salty **** taking this announcement away from the club
he is paid to do a job, of course he was always going to release it. I knew about the confirmation this morning also, im sure alot of people did, it was being kept secret

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cannot understand why some on here are thinking Ciraldo will be another Barrett. There only link was that they were both at Penrith but their coaching records are like chalk and cheese.

Cameron Ciraldo,

Following his retirement from his playing career, Ciraldo became the assistant coach of the Penrith Panthers' NYC team in 2014, under head coach Trent Barrett. On 5 April 2014, Ciraldo was appointed as assistant coach of the Italian national team, also under head coach Barrett.

Ciraldo was promoted to head coach of Penrith's NYC team in 2015. That year, his team won 20 of their 24 regular season games to claim the minor premiership, before going on to win the Grand Final. The following year, the team won 18 of their 24 regular season games (in addition to 2 draws) to claim the minor premiership for the second consecutive year. However, they were unsuccessful in winning back-to-back premierships, losing 30-28 to the Sydney Roosters after leading 28-6 at halftime. Ciraldo was named as coach in the NYC Team of the Year in both 2015 and 2016.

In May 2016, Ciraldo was named as head coach of the Italian national team. Assistant coach Leo Epifania mentored the team during their 2016 Mediterranean Cup match against Lebanon in June, but Ciraldo returned as head coach for their 2017 Rugby League World Cup qualifying matches in October 2016. The Italian team defeated Russia in the repechage round to qualify for the 2017 World Cup.

In 2017, Ciraldo was promoted to assistant coach of Penrith's NRL team to work under head coach Anthony Griffin. In August 2018, Ciraldo was promoted to caretaker coach following Griffin's sacking as head coach. Ciraldo guided Penrith to a 5th place finish and the club qualified for the finals. In week one, Penrith defeated New Zealand to set up an elimination final against Cronulla. Cronulla went on to win the match 21-20. In October 2018, Ciraldo was replaced as head coach by Ivan Cleary with Ciraldo dropping back to an assistant coach role at Penrith.

Ciraldo was the assistant coach in the 2020 NRL Grand Final before winning the premiership in 2021.

Penrith were still keen to keep him on for another year but in the end he knows he is ready to take the next step as did most of the NRL clubs who were trying to lure him. West Tigers being one who tried to lure him with a similar 5 year offer.

We should be grateful that we have snared him and a lot of that credit goes to Gus.

hoody06

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Does Ciraldo still take Italy to the world cup? If so, he won't be at Belmore until Christmas which isn't great.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Don’t care about stats, who the coaching team is I just hope Burton signs before Nov 1st. What a wank Brandy is stealing the thunder.
The jokes on that dud anyways. Most of us knew anyways he was a done deal before he opened his mouth.

Plus the **** is burning and that is marvellous lol