Official Bulldogs and Ciraldo agree to terms

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I'm not questioning that. But did Ciraldo actually go public, or just tell the players out of courtesy? All I'm saying is I don't think the club intended to announce it at this point in time. And certainly not spontaneously on a Sunday afternoon. The closing of the statement says it all really.

Either way, Brandy is a fukkwit!
if he tells the playing group then it is going to come out, like when Mahoney told the playing group. im sure brandy would have asked CC if he could say something today.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
he is untested yes and their is a chance of failure as with every coach. But all the great coaches started as assistant coaches. He was chased by every club who is in the market now or in the next 2 years, that says something. Gus knows what a good coach is as he punted Tbaz.
As for Chrighton, he is a future star, dont worry about him, he will be rockstar fullback. I know for a fact last contract negotiations, the roosters offered him more than us but he chose to play with his mates. The roosters dont usually get it wrong on many occasions
The Roosters let Latrell go, signed me to replace Cronk then moved me on after half a season, touted Lam as the next big thing. They get plenty wrong, bro. They just gave the money and influence to I buy their way out of trouble and move their mistakes on quietly.

I think Crichton is seriously overrated. His firm has actually been less impressive since he re-signed with the Riff and the few times he has played fullback for them he has looked bog average. I think he’s one of the only Penrith players on overs.

I hope I’m wrong about Ciraldo (and Crichton). I’m not saying Ciraldo will definitely fail. But five years is a hell of a risk. If it goes wrong and we have to sack another coach prematurely it’s going to be a really bad look gif the club.

I get people are excited and don’t mean to be a buzzkill, but the signing makes me nervous. Especially given the length of the deal and Crichton murmurs that won’t go away.

Shreksno1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gus himself would have to of been considered as a successful young coach back in his days when he got his start at our club.

They all need a start at some point.
Besides Gus bro, come on, he’s a once in a lifetime

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
He’s given us exactly what we needed …. Our players were confused and overburdened by Barrett’s convoluted game plan and he unlocked the key to getting the best out of them. You don’t see such a drastic change to a team’s point scoring if a coach doesn’t know what he’s doing. You think the team is coaching itself? Please, bro.

And Potter last coached first grade close to a decade ago. He also took over the tigers at a time they were in decline and dealing with key personnel changes. You don’t think a) he’s learned a bit in the ensuing period and b) he’d be on a better wicket here?

Ciraldo is a completely unknown entity…. And if he’s wanting to bring an overrated and overpaid centre here to play fullback, that’s more than enough to make me nervous as hell, tbh. Especially when we are so light up front.

I hope I’m wrong, but this signing gives me bad vibes, dude. And 5 years is too long. If it doesn’t go well and we have to sack another coach before his tone is up, it will not reflect well on the club.
Show me his attack plans/structures/set plays. He literally just told them to forget what Baz told them and play eyes up footy, that's it bro.

Sure our attack is scoring more points but our defence and comas are disgustingly putrid. What's the point scoring 20-30 points but letting in 30-40? Eyes up footy works to a certain point and when it doesn't work, it turns to shit IE against NZ.

No offense to you at all but you're looking at it as a JRL parent/coach and most spectators. Tries aren't the only thing in league. Defence is equal or even greater than attack.

Anyone can score a try but stopping one is more important. Best example is JJ, most don't like him because he isn't a show pony but FMD he does all the dirty work that the show ponies clearly can't and won't do.

My whole point is all this talk is speculation, let's see how he goes. You either have to fully trust Gus or not trust him at all.

Since he has come back, he hadn't done anything for me not to trust him.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Do you honestly think we would sigh Crighton if it compromises our ability to lock up Burton sign a half and sign some quality props?
Gus has openly stated our cap is very tight, so I don’t know where you think all these signings will come from. I reckon we’ll find enough to keep Burton, but don’t see where money fit a prop or elite halfback is gonna come from.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Welcome aboard. Hopefully Crichton coming also, another genuine game breaker. More stars on show, means pulling power for other players

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wanted Potter. Never mix personal and professional affairs.

No there’s no guarantee he will fail but if he wants to sign Crichton to play fullback, I’m not taking it as a great sign. And five years is way too long.
Crichton to play fullback is a rumour.

I actually reckon Cirlado will go the opposite direction and not take any Penrith players. Similar to what Fitzgibbon did by not poaching roosters players. He just seems that type of bloke to me.

Grimace

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Gus has openly stated our cap is very tight, so I don’t know where you think all these signings will come from. I reckon we’ll find enough to keep Burton, but don’t see where money fit a prop or elite halfback is gonna come from.
The cap is tight for 2023 but from 2024 we only have so far 5 players signed so it will be open cheque book

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
The Roosters let Latrell go, signed me to replace Cronk then moved me on after half a season, touted Lam as the next big thing. They get plenty wrong, bro. They just gave the money and influence to I buy their way out of trouble and move their mistakes on quietly.

I think Crichton is seriously overrated. His firm has actually been less impressive since he re-signed with the Riff and the few times he has played fullback for them he has looked bog average. I think he’s one of the only Penrith players on overs.

I hope I’m wrong about Ciraldo (and Crichton). I’m not saying Ciraldo will definitely fail. But five years is a hell of a risk. If it goes wrong and we have to sack another coach prematurely it’s going to be a really bad look gif the club.

I get people are excited and don’t mean to be a buzzkill, but the signing makes me nervous. Especially given the length of the deal and Crichton murmurs that won’t go away.
I'm not fussed either way about Crichton, but if/when it happens, I want the 2021 Crichton and not the 2022 version.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
After the embarrassing loss on Friday the club had to speed up the announcement process imo.
On the contrary, it was more timing in my opinion i.e. I think they waited for a blow-out score to announce it… would be weird to confirm it if Pots kept winning.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Show me his attack plans/structures/set plays. He literally just told them to forget what Baz told them and play eyes up footy, that's it bro.

Sure our attack is scoring more points but our defence and comas are disgustingly putrid. What's the point scoring 20-30 points but letting in 30-40?

No offense to you at all but you're looking at it as a JRL parent/coach and most spectators. Tries aren't the only thing in league. Defence is equal or even greater than attack.

Anyone can score a try but stopping one is more important.

My whole point is all this talk is speculation, let's see how he goes. You either have to fully trust Gus or not trust him at all.

Since he has come back, he hadn't done anything for me not to trust him.
Come on, there’s no need to patronise me. I’ve been right about my fair share of things on here. I’m not a gronk.

I think it’s silly to write a coach off who hasn’t even had the benefit of a preseason and hasn’t been given the privilege of picking a defensive coach. Since Potter has taken over we have thumped the eels, won three other games, pushed souths all the way and competed pretty well with 2 top tour teams. The Warriors game was always going to be a disaster given our schedule and flight delays. The difference between our teams performance pre and post Potter is night and day.

Even if potter wasn’t going to be the guy, I think five years is way too long for an unknown entity and rumours of the Crichton signing worry the shit out of me, quite frankly.

Not saying you have to share my opinion, but please respect it.

Cheers.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He didn’t even get a preseason and the team clearly has fitness issues, dude…. And he didn’t get yo pick his defensive coach, either.

i am happy we didn’t sign Fittler or Dad, at least. But these mourners about Ciraldo bringing Crichton to play fullback have me seriously concerned. He’s untested as a head coach at this level and may turn into Barrett 2.0
Or he could turn into the best coach we have had in years

We don’t know

He hasn’t started

Stop comparing him to Baz

Give the guy a chance

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Who did this guy play for?
Prefer the highly decorated Dally M Mick, he better get a job.