News Bulldogs add Pangai Jr Junior to their SG Ball squad

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He may be younger, but Jermaine Pangai is just as big, fast and furious as his older brother Tevita - attributes not missed by the Bulldogs.

As if one Pangai isn’t enough.
Canterbury have signed tearaway teenager Jermaine Pangai — the younger brother of star forward Tevita Pangai Jr.

And playing in the NRL isn’t the youngest member of the Pangai family’s only focus, the 17-year-old also wants to box for Australia at the Commonwealth Games.

Jermaine, a 110kg heavyweight inside the ropes, displayed his potential earlier this year with a thrilling five-round slug-fest against Alex Leapai Jr - the son of Australian heavyweight legend Alex Leapai.

“I’d love to get to the Commonwealth Games, it would be a great opportunity to show my skills and what I can do in the ring,’’ Jermaine said.

“I’m aiming to make the NRL, but also continue to box.

“I feel grateful the Bulldogs have given me this opportunity. I’ll probably do boxing in the morning and footy training in the afternoons, which will be good.’’

(L-R) NRL star and new Bulldogs recruit Tevita Pangai Jr alongside younger brother who has also signed with the Bulldogs, Jermaine Pangai Jr. Picture: Zak Simmonds

(L-R) NRL star and new Bulldogs recruit Tevita Pangai Jr alongside younger brother who has also signed with the Bulldogs, Jermaine Pangai Jr. Picture: Zak Simmonds

On the footy field, Jermaine has developed his game at Marsden State High in Queensland, the same sports school that helped furnish the game of future immortal Cameron Smith.

Past and present NRL players including Israel Folau, Jayd’n Sua, Chris Sandow and Tesi Niu also attended Marsden State High.

Jermaine, a hard-running front-row forward, will commence training with the Bulldogs SG Ball squad when he moves to Sydney on Monday with his brother and Pangai Jr’s wife, Anna.

They will live together, as has been the case for the past three years.

It was Pangai Jr, the former Broncos, Panthers and now Bulldogs high-profile recruit, who corrected the path of his younger sibling.

Pangai Jr took Jermaine under his wing, when he just 14.

“In 2019, I went down to Canberra to visit my family,’’ Pangai Jr, 25, said.

“Jermaine was at home digging into a tub of ice cream and playing Fortnite on the PlayStation. He was 140kg.

“I told him, “You’re moving up to Brisbane with me, we’re going to get this weight off you.

“It was hard for a 14-year-old to leave his parents and come up here to get fit and healthy, but credit to him and his hard work.’’

Asked to pick which sport he felt his brother would have most success, Pangai Jr replied: “I think he’s a better boxer. He’s definitely a better boxer than me.

“But I told him with discipline and hard work, you can do anything.

“He’s got the size and he’s got the determination to do well, but its now just continue to develop his game while making sure I guide him in the right direction.

“He’s helping me with my boxing and I’m helping him with his footy.’’

Jermaine paid tribute to his brother’s guidance.

“My brother is one of my great mentors,’’ Jermaine said.

“He’s that type of person to give you the hard truth, but that’s exactly what I needed to keep moving forward with both my footy and boxing.

“The Bulldogs culture and how they develop good players is what excites me.

“I’m seriously grateful for this chance to work on my skills and see how far I can go.”

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a unit. He's only 17.
He's fucking massive. Feel sorry for the kids that have to try and tackle these beasts in the juniors!

From the Pangai Boxing thread:

Screenshot_20211202-193410_Facebook~2.jpg

So Jermaine fights too, here's him fighting at 16 against another kid who's 15 lol. They are both fucking enormous. The other kid plays for the Chooks.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He's fucking massive. Feel sorry for the kids that have to try and tackle these beasts in the juniors!

View attachment 34739

So Jermaine fights too, here's him fighting at 16 against another kid who's 15 lol. They are both fucking enormous. The other kid plays for the Chooks.

Wtf these ***** are fucking massive :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

View attachment 34739

Some of the games legends like Turvey,baa,sterlo,Kenny,etc showed us all how to tackle these big blokes,little ankle biters,but I hope he’s a success in whatever he does,welcome to the family.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fmd I thought he was a bit older whattafuckin giant he is, fuck!! :tearsofjoy:

Greenmachine121

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Younger brother in the first pic he’s looking 40