Bulldogs 9s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Good point. I'd be interested to add up last year how many games we won clearly ( score had us winning without doubt ) versus those that could have been lost due to low score ( within one try).

Lex

Waterboy
Reaction score
While I agree that it wasn't fun to watch us go out of the Comp with less than a whimper, I really think comparing 9s to NRL is like comparing apples to oranges. But I do agree with many here that we seem to be relatively impotent in attack in both forms of the game, regardless of the roster. So I wondered if there was more to it - perhaps it is something about our current coaching/playing style at the club. Bear with me here... But I lecture statistics, so I decided to run a test to see whether performance at the 9s in relation to points scored and defence could predict points scored and defence in the NRL (using what we call a linear regression). I am pleased to report that 9s performance was nowhere near being a significant predictor. Let's not get carried away based on the 9s. We'll compete on the stage that matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.