News Bulldogs 2021 on FOX

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
BULLDOGS

Nick Cotric is already on his way over to spark the Bulldogs’ backline but Trent Barrett will still have plenty of money to splash around.

The forward pack isn’t an issue at the moment but with Adam Elliott, Joe Stimson and Aidan Tolman all a chance of leaving there could be a serious gap to fill.

Super League front rower Matty Lees has garnered plenty of interest and is keen for a move to the NRL.

He could be a solid option for the Dogs to pursue if needed.

Most of the money though needs to spent on their spine.

Their plans will depend greatly on the decision made around Fora.

If he doesn’t stay on the reduced deal the Bulldogs will definitely need to go after an experienced playmaker but outside of Blake Green the options are slim there.

If Foran does remain at Belmore, the Bulldogs do have options in Lachlan Lewis, Brandon Wakeham and Jack Cogger – although the latter’s future is still up in the air.

None have been able to stamp their authority in the team though.

If Barrett is looking for someone else to come in and partner Foran, the best options on the market are Tristan Sailor, Tyrone May and Jai Field.

May is understood to be close to a deal with Penrith though so he may be hard to take over.

The Bulldogs are already developing a really well-balanced back five but if they want more spark they could look towards poaching Manly gun Albert Hopoate as a long-term option.

Alex Johnston and Storm fill-in fullback Nicho Hynes could also be worth considering.

The hooker position has also posed a problem for the Bulldogs with Jeremy Marshall-King not owning the role as expected.

The options out there are slim but both Tom Starling and Connor Watson could be worth pursuing although Watson is more of a utility than out-and-out hooker.

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope we chase Sailor and or Hynes, maybe A Hoppa also, if he can get over his injuries. The press really should be pushing Burton in the article, I guess their agenda has changed?

Starling is just more of the same for mine, and unless Watson comes cheap, we have enough players to play 14.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Is Stimson a chance to leave? Where’s he going? Didn’t he sign for 3 years?
Yeah this is a poorly fact checked (if at all) stab in the dark

GreenTurd

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those 3 forwards would not be hard to replace, Stimson was very ordinary the games he played and tolman is getting worse each game. Katoa is ok until we find a gun 9.
Foran is not the same Foran as he once was, I’d rather give the young halves game time than waste time, he only plays half the years anyway. If it wasn’t for COVID he would of missed half the year again.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would sign Blake Green on 2yr deal for his experience. He's pretty solid enough all round and doesn't have a bad history of injuries unlike Foran. His halves partner in Sailor would be a good combination with Sailor being a running half and Green the cooler head with experience would gel well i think.

I personally think we need to clear the decks and get rid of most player's that have played the past six years under boring and outdated structures.

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fucken lol at Sailor as a starting half for the Bulldogs. Is this what our war chest gets us? It’s like we are the poorest and absolute shittest club in the comp hands down.

Roosters-keary/flannigan/lam
Storm-Munster/Hughes
Canberra-wighton/Williams
Manly-DCE/Walker
Penrith-cleary and take your pick
Souths-Reynolds/Walker
Knights-Pearce/Green

Kennel’s choice and possible Bulldogs war chest team.

Wakenham/sailor/Lewis
Katoa/JMK Hookers
Meaney fullback

All reserve grade players that should be grateful to be on minimum wage and having an opportunity to play NRL.

Barrett as coach. Beyond terrible. Total wrong direction.

doggy bill

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
the hooker and halves options listed would only be replacing like for like, very little to gain. Dogs need to look much harder and longer

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need to get a proper front row before anything else. Tolman needs to retire or told to look around as does Napa who would have to be one of the clubs worst signings and the Rorters knew it by releasing him as we should do from the last year of his contract. Foran can be offered a 1 year extension for no more than 300K or he can also be told he’s free to look around. You’re backs aren’t going to look any good IF your forward pack aren’t hitting the defensive line hard, fast and have an offload. Napa and Tolman provide slow one out crap week in week out. It’s no surprise that our backs haven’t had any chance to shine. Have a look what the Morris brothers have done since joining the Rorters.

Last edited:

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That article was a lot of writing to not say a lot. In summary, Nick Cotric on his way in 2021 likely to be followed by a number of other as yet unannounced players.

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Another nothing article...

As I've stated previously, I'd be going after A Hoppa, Burton, Clark/B Smith, Papalii and Welch/Asiata.

1 Averillo
2 DWZ
3 Cotric
4 Hoppa
5 A Hoppa
6 Burton
7 Foran
8 Welch/Asiata
9 Clark/B Smith
10 Thompson
11 Papali'i
12 RFM
13 Jacko

14 Katoa
15 Napa (only really playing him because we are paying him 600-650. If anyone wants him for 300k they can take him.)
16 Ogden
17 To'omaga

let go of pretty much majority of the blokes off contract