• N/A

Votes: 32 31.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

doggeddog

Waterboy
Reaction score
Good Backup ,they can hit hard we haven't got any Huge hitters bar the Beast Eastwood.

We don't need any Topliners ,we just need 3-4 backup players,don't you think?
Bird whats going on with Kemp, Inu and Geddes? I really hope Kemp or Inu sign. Would be exceptional outside Jamal

BaYry Ward

Former Immortal
Reaction score
Which Paea are we talking about??
Lopini is very good, Mickey would be a good backup

Both do betetr than Hickey and Morrin

Mortimer would be good signing, but dont think he would compliment Roberts game as much.

On what planet has Mickey Paea ever done more than Morrin or Hickey?

So far his career consists of Leano like performances i.e looks like an animal, plays like a girl

bulldogs2010

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Which Paea are we talking about??
Lopini is very good, Mickey would be a good backup

Both do betetr than Hickey and Morrin

Mortimer would be good signing, but dont think he would compliment Roberts game as much.
I think Mortimer and Roberts could make a good combo. Not atm since Mortimer is still finding his feet but he'll come good.

If we don't get Mortimer, we have Barba who is also a star of the future. No loss.

C

chipandchase

On what planet has Mickey Paea ever done more than Morrin or Hickey?

So far his career consists of Leano like performances i.e looks like an animal, plays like a girl
agree Mickey Paea has done NOTHING and would be a waste of money
his brother is killing them at the roosters tho, he would be a great buy.

Terry Mortimer

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Good Backup ,they can hit hard we haven't got any Huge hitters bar the Beast Eastwood.

We don't need any Topliners ,we just need 3-4 backup players,don't you think?
Not sure if this has been posted but I hEARD Paea had A medical with Dogs yday

Terry Mortimer

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think Mortimer and Roberts could make a good combo. Not atm since Mortimer is still finding his feet but he'll come good.

If we don't get Mortimer, we have Barba who is also a star of the future. No loss.
Yes, when Kimmorley retires we'll have either Barba, NMortimer or Thurston to play 7. Get ready for a golden ERA!

PeaKer

Origin Rep
Reaction score
medical my ass

they are only done when players join a club straight away

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
Mortimer, Thurston or Barba?

Ok i hardly ever post on here but i enjoy reading. There has been a lot of discussion around who we should sign once we farewell Kimmorely.
Obviously Thurston would be ideal but a $700k price tag is a questionable amount of money. Barba is still quite raw although by 2011 that may change. As far as Mortimer goes i have seen nothing from him that warrants him as a star apart from his surname. Thoughts?

bulldogs2010

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok i hardly ever post on here but i enjoy reading. There has been a lot of discussion around who we should sign once we farewell Kimmorely.
Obviously Thurston would be ideal but a $700k price tag is a questionable amount of money. Barba is still quite raw although by 2011 that may change. As far as Mortimer goes i have seen nothing from him that warrants him as a star apart from his surname. Thoughts?
Put a line through Thurston. The Dogs wont sign him on that price tag.

Mortimer is definately a target for the club next year.

Barba will be 2nd choice to Mortimer you'd think though Roberts could drop his bundle and Barba could be 5/8.

Who knows? The future looks good though and I'm confident the club will make the right choice.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Put a line through Thurston. The Dogs wont sign him on that price tag.

Mortimer is definately a target for the club next year.

Barba will be 2nd choice to Mortimer you'd think though Roberts could drop his bundle and Barba could be 5/8.

Who knows? The future looks good though and I'm confident the club will make the right choice.
What makes you think that Mortimer will have the credentials to lead the dogs in 2 years time? What's to say Barba will not be a better player? Just because his surname is Mortimer does that suddenly make him our definite halfback in 2011? Who knows what will happen but I hope whoever takes over Kimmorley has the credentials to do so not just because of his surname.
FFS he is just emerging as a first grade player and suddenly he is ready to take over Kimmorley's position once he retires and IF he retires at the end of next year.

Vargster

Moderfaker
Reaction score
I think Kimmorley probably will retire at the end of next season - He's done almost everything and he would want to leave on a high - hopefully we can give him a premiership or two before he leaves. As for Daniel, there is obviously a lot of hype surrounding him due to his surname, hopefully he can branch away from that and shape himself as his own breed of player, much like Mitchell Pierce has been able to do. I think Daniel has a lot of potential, but will be interesting to see how he develops over the next couple of seasons. I would still love to have him at the doggies, for a reasonable price tag of course hahaha

Bulldog Bandit

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think Kimmorley probably will retire at the end of next season - He's done almost everything and he would want to leave on a high - hopefully we can give him a premiership or two before he leaves. As for Daniel, there is obviously a lot of hype surrounding him due to his surname, hopefully he can branch away from that and shape himself as his own breed of player, much like Mitchell Pierce has been able to do. I think Daniel has a lot of potential, but will be interesting to see how he develops over the next couple of seasons. I would still love to have him at the doggies, for a reasonable price tag of course hahaha
Im not sure Noddy will want to retire after next year, the way he has been talking it sounds like he may want to play on for an extra year.

Terry Mortimer

Kennel Established
Reaction score
medical my ass

they are only done when players join a club straight away
Hey buddy. They check for chronice physical issues or substance abuse issues before they sign on the dotted line. Standard pratice

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Source: http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/lhq...ck-for-contract/2009/07/24/1247942049282.html

Plum appears out of luck for contract
David Jean | July 25, 2009

HIS peers voted him rugby league's hardest hitter just three weeks ago.

But not even Canberra Raiders back-rower Nigel Plum's fearsome defensive record has helped him attract a contract offer for next season.

The Raiders have told Plum he is unlikely to be playing for Canberra next year and the 26-year-old is yet to solicit any interest from rival NRL teams.

With just seven rounds remaining this season, Plum admitted he was playing for his future, starting with tomorrow's clash with Wests Tigers at Canberra Stadium.

"There's nothing at all, it's just a waiting game to see what happens and how things go," Plum said. "I definitely am playing for my future, I've known that for a while now.

"It's a bit of a bugger at the moment, but there's not much I can do until something comes up. There's been no talks at all anywhere and that's been a little bit disappointing."

Plum joined the Raiders from the Sydney Roosters midway through 2007. He has been a regular member of the Raiders' starting team this season, but that hasn't been enough to earn him a contract extension.

With fellow back-rowers Bronson Harrison, Tom Learoyd-Lahrs, Alan Tongue, Glen Turner, Joe Picker, Trevor Thurling, Cy Lasscock, Shaun Fensom and Joel Thompson already contracted for next year, Plum admits his time in Canberra could be up.

"But I'm not getting worried at this stage, it's just something that happens in football," he said. "There will be end-of-season signings at different clubs and whatnot so we'll just see how things go. I'd rather stay in Australia, I'd prefer to stay here in Canberra, but at this stage that's not going to happen. I've just got to wait and see how things go."

Plum is likely to start against the Tigers tomorrow, despite coach David Furner naming him on the bench. Furner regularly uses captain Alan Tongue at hooker in the early parts of games, allowing him to field Plum in the middle.

A renowned heavy hitter, Plum said he suspected opposition ball runners were avoiding him more than ever since he was voted the game's hardest tackler in a Rugby League Week players' poll.

"They have been [avoiding me] I guess, but I never really got many chances to get good shots on as it was," he said. "It may have dropped a little bit, but I never had that much of a chance anyway.

"I think it's because of [my reputation], it's just one of those things. It's never the first thing on my mind to get a big shot away, it's just to be effective and make the tackle."

Despite the fact he's not getting as many chances to put shots in as he would like, Plum said he was loving the opportunity to start games, having spent most of his four-year NRL career as an impact player off the bench.

"I've been loving it, it suits my style of footy, I think," he said.

"I've been really enjoying the opportunity to get on at the start of the game and get in the middle and get among it. It's been good."
If the Dogs are keen Plum's keeping a pokerface!

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
sign big mickey paea. whoeverr said hes done nothing did you see him at the roosters. he put in hard. he hasnt had a chance at the dragons besides one or two games where hes gone ok. granted lopini is killing it and playing excellent but he is given the chance week in week out. give mickey a crack he wont disappoint us.

Status
Not open for further replies.