Heka Nanai
Ben Roberts
Michael Sullivan
Conrad Ta'akimoeaka
Matt Utai
Gary Warburton
Danny Williams
Robert Worsley
gary warburton stay.... you are an absolute imbo!!!!

B

Bargache

gary warburton stay.... you are an absolute imbo!!!!
Back up your comments with some facts and/or reasons why he shouldn't...let me guess you probably think Te Maari is good... :rolleyes:

simmmo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Back up your comments with some facts and/or reasons why he shouldn't...let me guess you probably think Te Maari is good... :rolleyes:
nope i reckon te maari sux too..... would be good if we gave koups a run this year, but apparently he's going to the roosters.... in that case play eastwood in the starting line up and bring buddy gordon on the bench. we probably have to look at some explosive back rowers.... maybe target Daine Laurie... we should of had a crack at Teo from Wests and bronson harrison as well...

simmmo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
why isn't warburton good? because he goes backwards nearly everytime he takes the ball up. he's an ineffective defender. If you saw our display against the titans you'd have to agree that our back row provide very limited go forward. hannant can't do it all by himself. we need some enforcers not a back row full of grimaldi-type players... promoting eastwood to starting lineup would be a good start.

And I think its time to make the call that Andrew Ryan is well and truly past it. Lets stop dancing around the topic. If you're being honest, you'd have to agree that Ryan's season last year was a shocker.... he tried hard... but sometimes trying hard isn't enough. Full respect to the guy, but dogs need to have a look at his form. I've never seen him miss as many tackles, drop as many balls as he did last year.... he carried that form into the titans game.... I was hopeful after the manly win... but now we are showing signs of descending back where we came from last year... a luck "win" against penrith followed by a completely lacklustre performance against GC (without Prince). I think we'll get carved against Cronulla on Sunday... I think we need it too. better cop the losses at this time of the season and sought our combinations early. axe a few deadweight players... blood a few youngsters

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
i dont think we will gt carved against the sharks. i think hodgo is a big plus for us. when we get hickey he will give us some extra go forward as well if he has any fitness.

eastwood needs to start. we are one or two players away from a good top 4 team.

i think its the likes of a poore or taylor or something along the lines and a player like mateo or creagh or laurie. and maybe a winger like wolfman or something along the lines of a tall fast strong winger.

with a line up like for 2010

Patten/Barba
Wolfman
Idris
Morris
Goodwin
Roberts
Kimmorley
Hannant
Ennis
Poore/Hickey
Hodgson
Ryan/Creagh/Mateo
Stagg

Eastwood
Kite
Armit
Gordon

im starting to agree with the fact ryan could be on his last legs

Doggiez08

Kennel Established
Reaction score
nope i reckon te maari sux too..... would be good if we gave koups a run this year, but apparently he's going to the roosters.... in that case play eastwood in the starting line up and bring buddy gordon on the bench. we probably have to look at some explosive back rowers.... maybe target Daine Laurie... we should of had a crack at Teo from Wests and bronson harrison as well...
I dont understand whats wrong with Warburton at all. He has played solid footy so far this year. You need blokes like him who if needed can go 80 minutes and tackle his arse off for the whole game.
I dont see what Koups has in his game that sets his apart from anyone else trying to get into FG. Completely overrated player on too much money.

W

waveraider

I think you guys are being a little hard on Andrew Ryan. He will provide good direction, although I do think we probably are short a winger for HAZ in time, a strike back rower if Eastwood goes to England and another prop.

bulldogs2010

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont understand whats wrong with Warburton at all. He has played solid footy so far this year. You need blokes like him who if needed can go 80 minutes and tackle his arse off for the whole game.
I dont see what Koups has in his game that sets his apart from anyone else trying to get into FG. Completely overrated player on too much money.
That's what Stagg was bought for.

I have to agree. I think Waburtons a dud. His not the great defender some of you make him out to be. He makes plenty of tackles but they're not tackles that had the offencive player wrestled to the ground well like Stagg and Dallas Johnson from Storm and those workhorse players do it.

I'd rather Gordon than Waburton tbh.

snoop_dogg55

snoop dawg
Reaction score
That's what Stagg was bought for.

I have to agree. I think Waburtons a dud. His not the great defender some of you make him out to be. He makes plenty of tackles but they're not tackles that had the offencive player wrestled to the ground well like Stagg and Dallas Johnson from Storm and those workhorse players do it.

I'd rather Gordon than Waburton tbh.
agreed.

5/8

Loyal Royal Blue & White
Reaction score
id like to see these guys in blue and white.
mATT scott (cowboys)
fui fui moi moi (eels)
joel reddy (eels)

will.i.am

Benchwarmer
Reaction score
Panthers on Hunt for $450,000

By Peter Badel | April 04, 2009 11:00pm

HIS close friends say Brisbane Broncos superstar Karmichael Hunt has had enough of the NRL, but that won't stop Penrith and the Bulldogs from trying to bring the former Test fullback to Sydney.

Panthers general manager Mick Leary said the club was prepared to pay up to $450,000 a season for Hunt, whose management is said to be seeking $500,000-$600,000 annually.

"We're happy with Lachlan Coote at fullback but I think as a six (five-eighth) or seven (halfback), Karmichael would be pretty handy for us,'' Leary said.

We have our recruitment meetings every fortnight. We've got a few of our boys coming off contract, but Karmichael's name will come up.''

Bulldogs recruitment chief Peter Mulholland said he was prepared to have a crack at Hunt but would not break the bank to get him.

"We've got a bit of movement within our cap, but the question is where the coach (Kevin Moore) sees him fitting in,'' Mulholland said.

"I still believe it will take a lot to get him out of Brisbane. Whether he wants to be there is the question.''

The latest interest comes as The Sunday Telegraph learned of Hunt's growing disenchantment with his profile and the perceived fishbowl existence of life as an NRL star in Brisbane.

Those close to Hunt say he is "over'' the NRL and simply wants out.

Rocked by the Broncos' decision a fortnight ago to withdraw a three-year, $1.25million offer - the only concrete deal made to the fullback - the 22-year-old is contemplating taking a football sabbatical in England, France or Japan.

Hunt's manager David Riolo will fly to Europe in the next fortnight. Riolo has several high-profile clients, including Manly's off-contract winger David Williams, although part of his brief will be sourcing big-money offers that provide an alternative to the challenges confronting Hunt in the NRL.

That is the core issue as the Broncos try to make sense of where they stand with Hunt, who joined the club as a teenager but has become increasingly distant and difficult to read.

The Broncos insist they have not played games with Hunt. On January 22, the club spoke informally with Riolo. By January 29, they had made an offer of $1.25million over three years.

That is about $416,000 a season, enough to make Hunt - currently on about $220,000 a year - among the top three earners at the Broncos.

Five weeks later, the club had made no progress, nor received any solid assurance its offer was attractive enough to keep Hunt at Red Hill.

Friends of Hunt say they detected a change in the fullback in the wake of sexual assault allegations levelled against him, Sam Thaiday and Darius Boyd during the finals series last September.

The trio were later cleared of any wrongdoing but the damage, in the players' eyes, had been done. Hunt was fined $20,000 by the Broncos.

"He loves the Broncos as a club but he wants to be able to have a life,'' a friend said this week.
http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/sport/nrl/story/0,26746,25289284-5003409,00.html

will.i.am

Benchwarmer
Reaction score
Justin Poore rumoured for '10

The Dragons are desperate to retain Poore, touted as a representative forward before suffering a hand injury, while Parramatta and the Bulldogs are also circling. The Sharks are the favourites after tabling an offer understood to be worth $900,000 over three years.
http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/lhq...1238832408792.html?page=fullpage#contentSwap1

"We've had a fair bit of interest for him from a few clubs in Sydney, including Parramatta and the Bulldogs, and a few clubs overseas.

Justin Poore's manager Todd Buckingham
http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/sport/nrl/story/0,26746,25289151-5003409,00.html

Moronic Musings

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
looking bright possibly poore
dont want hunt tbh
weve got patten and young guns to fill
so no need to waste money like that

cLEBrity

Mujnoon
Reaction score
Fark again linked to every player off contract ,
now every time there is a player off contract in the papers 1st word i look for is BULLDOGS lol

astroboy

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
K.Hunt is a good player no doubt but too expensive. I rather have 3 up and coming youth players for 500K.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
"HIS close friends say Brisbane Broncos superstar Karmichael Hunt has had enough of the NRL"

There you have it ladies and gentlemen.

Status
Not open for further replies.