Not open for further replies.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Bulldogs’ Morris twins intend to play on
By AAP+ on 08/03/2018 at 7:00 pm
Filled in: NRL News

Brett and Josh Morris have declared they have no plans to retire and hope to re-sign with Canterbury beyond the 2018 NRL season.

After the departure of James Graham, the twin flyers are the oldest players in the Bulldogs squad this year.

The former NSW State of Origin outside backs are 31 and both off contract at the end of the season.

Brett retired from representative football after last year’s Origin series, suggesting his career has beginning to wind down.

However, both said they had no immediate intentions of hanging up their boots.

“I definitely want to keep playing on,” Brett told AAP in Perth before Saturday’s season-opening clash against Melbourne.

“Mentally, physically I’m feeling in a really good spot at the moment. I don’t have any intentions to finish up just yet.

“For myself, and I think Josh feels the same way, it’s about playing some really good footy this year and showing people we’ve still got a few years left in us.”

Along with Greg Eastwood, the Morris brothers will be the senior statesmen of a Bulldogs side which has been revamped after an off-season of upheaval at Belmore.

Josh is entering his 10th season at the club and is its current longest serving player.

“I’d love to stay here, I’d love to play a couple of more years but that’s out of my control,” Josh said.

“All I can control each week is my performance and hopefully that will sort itself out.

“When you get older you just appreciate it a bit more, it’s a great way of living – you get to wake up every morning and hang out with your mates and get paid to get fit.

“It’s a blessing to be able to do something you love.”

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Then they won’t mind a “pay cut”
Exactly this, I honestly feel like the Morris twins can see light at the end of the tunnel and know we have high chances of wining the premiership. Hence why I reckon that it will mean a pay cut from them to stick with the dogs

Serpent

Kennel Established
Reaction score
FMD these guys were past it a season ago, these guys are to the dogs what Timmy is to the eels.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
As stated in another thread there aren't many top quality backs off contract for 2019. So if we can extend them for 1 year each (on a lower wage of course) and still not jeopardise the signing of a quality back-rower than im all for it.

Precise

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hoping with a season of no rep and origin they have a lot more energy and body wise as well. Looked great in the trial, seem buffed up?

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah I don't think so. Let's see how they go this year.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Form this season will dictate.
But I have problem with the twins playing on as they are still very good.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
If they are playing ell enough, and there is no player better in their positions, why not re sign them?

Last edited:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
This season will say a lot. If they fail to fire I can't see them being retained.

I mean we didn't recruit Suli (initially) for nothing.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
FMD these guys were past it a season ago, these guys are to the dogs what Timmy is to the eels.
Desball has also been shit the last few years. They deserve a chance to prove they still have it.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Like others have said, if their form warrants it then i dont have a problem with it at all. Especially if they stay injury free.

Hulk76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Like others have said, if their form warrants it then i dont have a problem with it at all. Especially if they stay injury free.
It was a Ricky Stuart brain fart decision.. he thought Mannah was ideal for origin. Wrong !!!

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think they will kill it this year and if so no reason not to extend for a year or 2

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If they fire, I'm happy for them to play on a couple more years. Its not like ISP are flush with superstars in the outside backs ?
Eastwood on the other hand ? We have too many great forwards, in the lower grades, to continue to allow a player of his ability to take up so much of our cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.