Bulldog supporters. Where are you from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

playon

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Born in Surry Hills Raised in Blue & white heart land Anderson st Belmore two streets away from belmore sports ground. Still living in the area

gee333

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Mum an Aussie. Dad came from Lebanon in 1968. Born in Canterbury hospital in 75 and saw my first game in 1980 - GF win v Easts. Lived all my life in Punchbowl across from St Charbels. Went to Punchbowl Boys (steve folkes old school). Went to Belmore with my dad and watched from the eastern side (hill side) and they are some of my best memories. Lived in Ashfield for 10 years but now work has brought me to Singapore and living her for a few years... thank God for the Rugby Pass app which means i never miss a game. Outside of work and family the Dogs are my only other love. Have always had membership and really miss going to games live with my dad and bro... i am so happy to read all these responses... what a great group of people... even if some of the comments in other threads are dumb [emoji6][emoji6][emoji6] Go Dogs!!! Go Kennel!!!

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Exactly right @The Eye

As a child I dreamed of becoming a fullback, policeman, fireman, securtity guard, paramedic or something that people want to be. But no one tells you how hard it is to grow up in a place like Breakfast Point. I grew up with a father and mother you may think that’s not bad, but it was hell. I watched my mother get up at 5am in the morning and not return from work till 6 in the evening and she would just lay there exhausted. Now my father was a salesman that used to go on business trips and not return for days at a time. He used to try and make it up to us by taking us to football games (where I developed my love of the bulldogs/souths) and buy toys in a thinly veiled guilt trip and to buy my love. I would hide from him in a closet that was in the hallway. I would shiver with fear and I would cry but my tears didn’t mean anything to my parents.
My uncle that lived in the unit next door would bring many different women into his home because of the view of the harbour and have sexual encounters with them.

So as I grew I was alone and ran to the neighbourhood gang which was ran by a guy named Noel and we would put bungers in letterboxes and run away and do knock and runs, and also I would shout things at people from the safety of our car. I would say stuff like 'youre old' when driving past an old couple and 'hey baby you want some?' to hot girls who made a mis-turn and were unfortunate enough to find themselves wandering lone around the bad parts of the suburb. I also sold laser pointers and ritalin tablets because I needed the money and stole a nintendo.
I remember that one time I went to Noels crack house and all these women where there and they were all naked. One guy came in and said he wanted marijuana and Noel said if he had the money for the other drugs Noel had given him and he said no that he wasn’t going to pay so Noel took out a knife and the guy got on his knees and said “please don’t stab me I have your money at home” but Noel had no mercy and one of the other gangsters who rolled with us named Garth punched him in the head. The women got scared but stayed there anyway.
After a few years of this life I got bored and wanted to get out so I told Noel and the Breakfast Point boys I wanted out, and he told me to leave but never come back because the moment I walked out will be the moment I walk out of his life and to never come back to the area and I took the chance and ran with it!
I moved to Granville and met a few wonderful girls and started seeing them and I was the happiest man alive and never looked back.
I still wonder how my family are doing and if they are ok but I know that I can never go back and the best I can do is get the message to them to go on Skype and chat.

A few years ago, one of the boys I did bad shit with named Nassar tracked me down and made the effort to come see me and met me at Awafi, he begged me for my forgiveness for when he stole my Terry Lamb poster (i didnt know it was him) and when he called me a wankstain once and I forgave him, because I could see he was making a true effort to turn himself around and find his own redemption. I saw a bit of myself in him and I was satisfied that one of the painful memories of the past had been laid to rest.

Although I learnt how to forgive and forget, the scars still remain.

-Nasheed.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Born in Liverpool hospital. Played some junior footy with the mighty milperra colts. Mostly played in Campbelltown comp. went to east Hills boys high. Have since relocated to the beautiful central coast, and wouldnt change it for the world.

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dubbo mate. Been a dog for 30 years.

NickT

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Christchurch NZ 1975
Lived in Darwin since 79
Supported dogs since 83

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Born in Bankstown 72...lived early years in Wiley park, Hammondville then Ultimo, now 14 years in Northmead.

Always been bulldogs fan, always will.

Chana

Waterboy
Reaction score
Latino.. Grew up in Sydney. Long time doggie supporter!

Yanni Gogolak

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Five Dock. I lived in PNG (Port Moresby) for 5 years and talk about a Rugby league country.... It is actually their national sport. Only country in the world to have this, good on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.