Bulldog Supporters group

Status
Not open for further replies.

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
Alright, this is a thread just to see why we as Bulldog Fans cant organise a "Supporters group" that cna sit together at home and away games and create an atmosphere that no other club can have. I have been apart of the Bulldog Army for years and in 2006, sat in The Kennel area. This was a major letdown and i dont understand why more people dont sit there. I feel that there are fans out there that wanna be part of a supporters group and create an atmosphere that is desperatley needed at our games, we need people who will chant and be loud and proud for 80mins.

Ive always looked at other teams in various sports and just think, "is it that hard for us at the dogs to do something like that???" we have alot of fans but imo not much is being done to make these fans feel important to the club. The Kennel area at home games should be more heavily promoted and being at a big stadium we need a group (like the Bulldog Army) to create an atmosphere. One day i hopefully wanna get something organised in which we can have ourselves a MASSIVE jersey like the dragon fans have, but we need people to donate and help out with this.

Anyways, this is just what ive been thinking and i really encourage people to join me on this, i wanna be know as the best fans in the league and i belive we can get there.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
With you 100% brah.

You know me. Ill chime in the chants and make a few too. Im in the kennel 100%. And the jersey.. Well we need people 1st. Lets get that organised.

JuStINcReDIbLe.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i never sit in the kennel because the view is absolutely **** house

D

DJ ALMO

it's a great idea, But the kennel seating is totally like WTF just happened ? did we score, I think i'll stick to the army.

wogdog

Boards Don't Hit Back!
Reaction score
if we played our games at belmore (yes the belmore subject again lol!),then the atmosphere would be much better.

sunny

Kennel Established
Reaction score
wouldn't be possible to play home games at belmore for a long time

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
There is no more army at home games (only at away games and thats when the atmosphere is a million times better). At home we have the Kennel section that can be used much better by the club but its like they dont really give a fuk.

Maza

Reaction score
I agree with you, we need that at our games. But I hate the Kennel area. It's crap seating, and a crappy view. Can't see much from there.

Guess I can always start my own one girl cheer group from the other side of the stadium :(

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
ive dumped the kennel for next season becuase it is a dismal failure... you have idiots who dont know how to play the drums... and you have this redneck lady who doesnt want the atmosphere in the kennel...

and byrd... try and get yourself a chance to see one of the leaders of the cove and see how much effort they put in to make banners and the numbers they have in their group

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
The club should put The Kennel in a better area (say on the 30m line). I gurantee that alot more people would sign up and being in the middle would be a good way to create atmosphere around the whole stadium and in the snob section lol. The Burrow at Telstra is given seating on the 30m line so i dont get why we are put in the corner, it drives so many people away.

And i really want to get a Massive jersey organised for our club, Souths have it, Dragons have 3 and i want a big Bulldog jersey that we can display with pride.

sunny

Kennel Established
Reaction score
the kennel is very isolated, almost just stuck on as an afterthought down one end of the ground, very awkwardly. one would think it would be given greater prominence.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If only there was a hill section.

I guess "the kennel" section is not successful as it is a members only area. This will probably get rid of more than half of the people (possibly the troublemakers) but none the less takes away from the atmosphere. It is in the worst possible possition.

For the kennel to succeed you need pleanty of supportes. Enough to pack out a whole section (lets just say 1000 people). In the current system that means that there will have to be 1000 people specifically sign up to sit in this area and can not bring in mates. Alot of people will think stuff it i may aswell sit in the true blue section as the atmosphere will be better. Would there have even been more than 100 people sitting in the kennel at any one game???

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
nope not more then a 100, but i honestly feel that with 150-200 people in there that are actually dedicated and passionate about the dogs who will join in with chants and join in to create an atmosphere, The Kennel section can be so much better. And to cover the remaining seast in the bay, i wanna see one of those massive jerseys made for us at the dogs with all of us chipping in and heloing to get it done. This will increase the atmosphere and fill the space up and make it look "fuller", i wanna try and get this done. People just have to get it a shot and im willing to.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Well maybe we the real kennel should be incharge of the kennel (bulldogs army). We should elect a president and he/she in association with the club can organise all the things that are needed (i.e. banners, chants, participation numbers, be responsible of the people in the area). I am sure this way we may be able to get the numbers go to 500 and beyond.

And I am sure the Bulldogs will give special offers of some sort to get the kennel up and running as it will be a truly awesome site and will cheer up the boys and get opposition fans and players alike sh1tting themselves.

Maza

Reaction score
Well maybe we the real kennel should be incharge of the kennel (bulldogs army). We should elect a president and he/she in association with the club can organise all the things that are needed (i.e. banners, chants, participation numbers, be responsible of the people in the area). I am sure this way we may be able to get the numbers go to 500 and beyond.

And I am sure the Bulldogs will give special offers of some sort to get the kennel up and running as it will be a truly awesome site and will cheer up the boys and get opposition fans and players alike sh1tting themselves.
That would be absolutely awesome. Just sitting here trying to picture a couple of hundred supporters in full voice and equiped with banners, ahhh man BRING IT ON!!! That would be brilliant.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I would be willing to make a few calls to the club to see what processes are available and see what their stance on the issue is. If people want that.

K

kennyy

the bottom line is the trouble makers ruined it for the rest of us. the area just above the kennel was where we all used to sit and now everyone is split up all over the place. Unfortunatly i don't see it changing and i kind of look forward to away games these days unless its a big one at telstra or aussie

T

TdoggBulldog

seats are ****... if i lived in syd there would be nooo way i would sit there lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.