Bryson Goodwin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This bloke is fantastic under the high ball and solid in defence. I don't understand why he was dropped considering our lack of options. Both lett and wright have been nothing more than a liabilty. I know he hasn't been setting the world on fire for a couple of years but who has really? He is also playing outside a woefully out of form Morris and hardly getting any ball especially with keatings refusal to pass it. The only time he touched it before being dropped was on the 1st tackle from a kick return or when he went in looking for the ball to get us out of trouble. I always feel confident when the ball goes in the air to Bryson as he is very safe. Maybe he is the answer to solve some of our issues at the back? Honestly don't know why he has been singled out so much this year when the whole team is playing rubbish when he always shows up with the right attitude unlike at least 12 of our other players.

BulldogzLegend

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i think bring him back he will instill some confidence in the back three

very good under the high ball

i like wright and i think he is FG quality but he obviously needs more time as a winger

Dex

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol. This place cracks me up....

First lets drop him. Now bring him back...

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
That's his only redeeming factor, he is good under the high ball.

He creates nothing, has no speed, does not go looking for work, is flat and generally uninterested.

I am wondering if this club made a play for Blake Ferguson who was pissed off at the Sharks last year, he would have come pretty cheap at the time before the Raiders snapped him up.

bert

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's his only redeeming factor, he is good under the high ball.

He creates nothing, has no speed, does not go looking for work, is flat and generally uninterested.

I am wondering if this club made a play for Blake Ferguson who was pissed off at the Sharks last year, he would have come pretty cheap at the time before the Raiders snapped him up.
I reckon I spoke too soon when I said Nathan Massey wasn't a big loss.
We've got a really good young kid in the U20's though, Abou-Sleiman, not sure how old he is so he might be a bit young yet. Still, the way we're going what's to lose ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think his side of the field in defence was targetted as weak but I didn't think it was that bad, maybe Moore wanted to try Lett who threw too many speculators.
Do we switch Morris to the wing or bring back Goodwin?

NotRayHadley

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It's hilarious how we all see what we want to see.
He's slow.
He's lazy.
He's uninterested.

I saw a guy who could take a high ball with confidence.
A guy who was happy to take the ball for his share of hit ups and even look to off-load.
A guy who was getting a cold, waiting for the ball and getting overlooked when he came looking for it and then getting exposed by some cheap turnover, sort of like Josh is at the moment??

Wright is a centre. Put him there on the right and Jamal as impact from the bench.

The ginga can't pass right to left or is blind in his left eye. A mistake to buy in the end.
We may have been closer if the subs bench was better utilised and Halatau was brought back on with time.

Bring back Goodwin and get Warren Ryan to help with the defence. Offensive defence. Don't be too proud to get the help that is needed...Kevin.

B

Billiris2

I think we need him back. I wish the Roberts-Morris combination could get back to its best like it was in 09 , if this happens Goodwin will get more quality ball.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's hilarious how we all see what we want to see.
He's slow.
He's lazy.
He's uninterested.

I saw a guy who could take a high ball with confidence.
A guy who was happy to take the ball for his share of hit ups and even look to off-load.
A guy who was getting a cold, waiting for the ball and getting overlooked when he came looking for it and then getting exposed by some cheap turnover, sort of like Josh is at the moment??

Wright is a centre. Put him there on the right and Jamal as impact from the bench.

The ginga can't pass right to left or is blind in his left eye. A mistake to buy in the end.
We may have been closer if the subs bench was better utilised and Halatau was brought back on with time.

Bring back Goodwin and get Warren Ryan to help with the defence. Offensive defence. Don't be too proud to get the help that is needed...Kevin.
Well I saw that Bryson Goodwin made himself a Kennel account.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score

If we came out and won our next 4 matches, there will be threads started to extend Moore's contract for 3 years too. This place is like that.

Dogzkill4eva

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
his our last hope, no one we put at 5 is good, at least bryson can catch the ball when in the air

Packy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bry is this years scapegoat. Didn't you get the memo from the fickle bridage?

Matty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

For the record, I never agreed with him being dropped in the first place. Ever since 09 I've had confidence in his ability. He will never be the best winger in the game, however he won't let us down. I've always seen him being great under the high ball and coming in looking for work.

Deadset I can't stand coming on this place anymore. I hardly ever post and I'm slowly starting to stop reading. Look on the first page of the forum. If other fans seen how much we've turned on our own we'd quickly be the laughing stock of the nrl. Drop Goodwin, yeah great replace him with another nuffie who apparently has speed but will let in 3 tries a game. This place is a joke.

x-factor

Y.N.W.A
Reaction score
i still hate him so the less i see of him the better, i don't see why all of you after a few bad games decide that let or wright are not worth having in our team. their just down on confidence and so is the whole team so i dont think chopping and changing is the best thing to do atm

Status
Not open for further replies.