Bronson Xerri Podcast

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
The teeth, the hair, the clothes. Before this Xerri kid opened his fuckin mouth, I was sure looked like he was from Long Island. He would fit in in with those other Long Island Italian disgracing rejects on that animal planet network. Fuckin Jersey Shore or whatever the fuck you call it. Anyway, lookin forward to watch the kid play, if he ain't get sent to the joint for those toilet bowl teeth.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's interesting, but I also noticed that Xerri said he couldn't train with Roger Fabri, but since then Roger has obtained clearance for him to train with him.

Always a Bulldog
Fabri reportedly gained clearance (think it was part of a comment on here) but Xerri said in this interview that Fabri gave up his accreditation so he could train him. Relinquishing his ASADA accreditation is a huge thing if true.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Should have gone to Murica like the injured players are doing now, get the peptides etc and wait until you’re clear then come back to Aus.
As he said in the PODCast if he did go to America, he wouldn't be able to count that time as part of his Ban. I.E. The ban would start on his return, apparently was confirmed by his lawyer.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fabri reportedly gained clearance (think it was part of a comment on here) but Xerri said in this interview that Fabri gave up his accreditation so he could train him. Relinquishing his ASADA accreditation is a huge thing if true.
I heard he relinquished his accreditation through different sources, so pretty sure it's true.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As he said in the PODCast if he did go to America, he wouldn't be able to count that time as part of his Ban. I.E. The ban would start on his return, apparently was confirmed by his lawyer.
Yeah this was a big surprise. Not sure if true, but interesting if it is. I guess it makes sense because it’s like asada saying “nah you ain’t gonna avoid our ban by going to a competition that doesn’t follow us.” If you could just go to a competition like NFL (they said it was the ONLY sport possible to do this) then a 4 yr ban is potentially not so bad. You’d still have to make it as an American footballer though, which is extremely difficult, especially when you know nothing about it like Xerri admits.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah this was a big surprise. Not sure if true, but interesting if it is. I guess it makes sense because it’s like asada saying “nah you ain’t gonna avoid our ban by going to a competition that doesn’t follow us.” If you could just go to a competition like NFL (they said it was the ONLY sport possible to do this) then a 4 yr ban is potentially not so bad. You’d still have to make it as an American footballer though, which is extremely difficult, especially when you know nothing about it like Xerri admits.
None of the US major sports are affiliated with WADA, they have their own rules. For example, for the exact same drug breach in the NBA it would be 25 games, NFL 4 games and NHL 20 games, boxing is the longest at 2 years.

Always a Bulldog

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
His eagerness to get back on the field with us is great
You have to look forward to him running out against Cronulla some day if it happens. Seems like he is ready to tear them a new one for shunning him.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
People saying he'll be slower because he's not juicing but we didn't actually see him run on the juice as he was caught in the off season he juiced in.

So he should still be fast asf.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
People saying he'll be slower because he's not juicing but we didn't actually see him run on the juice as he was caught in the off season he juiced in.

So he should still be fast asf.
Depends on how much of the rumours you believe.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Thats true, but he passed all his other tests.

I'm guessed he comes back fast asf. Whether or not he's as good as he was who knows.

Got to better than burns surely lol
Yes I'm happy we signed him but I'm not falling for all the media BS we've been hit with from his camp recently. As I've said before I doubt he will walk into the side as easily as a few people think.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You have to look forward to him running out against Cronulla some day if it happens. Seems like he is ready to tear them a new one for shunning him.
I got the impression he wasn’t happy, deviated by saying he changed his number.

Yes I'm happy we signed him but I'm not falling for all the media BS we've been hit with from his camp recently. As I've said before I doubt he will walk into the side as easily as a few people think.
pre Gus he would have slotted straight in, now we have competiton for spots and they need to be earned.

He seems hungry and willing and I think he will earn a chance to play and likely a spot.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
That's a good thing isn't it? We have candidates for most positions.

Thats true, but he passed all his other tests.
I'm guessed he comes back fast asf. Whether or not he's as good as he was who knows.
He was fast when he was 8 years old, always played 2 years above his age and still stood out. And it's not like he didn't transition that natural ability to the NRL, unlike many he has made the jump and did it when he was only 19. I have no doubt that he will come back fast and strong, but no one is going to just give him the position, he's going to have to earn it.

Always a Bulldog

foREVerA7X

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I just tried watching Hello Sport. FMD, we’re so cool bro, fuck yeah ****…. Seeya
I listened to a few of their podcasts they did with Bloke last year and after those few, I never listened again.

It was always a 2hr podcast about Manly and constant dick jokes. I got the impression that they thought they were funny but I thought they were the polar opposite. I never felt their input to the show was worthwhile.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree, I think he will make his way back to first grade in 2024 but it definitely will be later in the season. Though I expect to see him in the starting 13 before our run to the finals :grinning:. I think he will get most if not all of his speed back, remember he was only 18/19 at the time, If he did not get the ban he would have improved his speed further, whether he was on the gear or not. But losing the time will likely have resulted in him losing some development time. He was also pretty clear first job he will have in 2024 is to get into the team, acknowledges lots of work needs to be done for that to happen, and he wants a premiership.

I do not think speed will be the issue, timing, ball skills and defence will be the challenge.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Agree, I think he will make his way back to first grade in 2024 but it definitely will be later in the season. Though I expect to see him in the starting 13 before our run to the finals :grinning:. I think he will get most if not all of his speed back, remember he was only 18/19 at the time, If he did not get the ban he would have improved his speed further, whether he was on the gear or not. But losing the time will likely have resulted in him losing some development time. He was also pretty clear first job he will have in 2024 is to get into the team, acknowledges lots of work needs to be done for that to happen, and he wants a premiership.

I do not think speed will be the issue, timing, ball skills and defence will be the challenge.
I don't see ball skills as being an issue, he played a lot of juniors as a halfback, so it comes naturally to him. I was pleased to hear in the podcast that he is going to be working on the wrestle weekly starting now, that is such an important (and unfortunate) part of the NRL these days.

Always a Bulldog

judyisapunk

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I couldn't care less if he has an ego.. he's 22.. 22 is pretty much a kid in this day and age... he will grow out of it... the main thing is that he's ripping in and wants to fight for a spot and wants to win.

Foxalldayeveryday

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes i also took that line of thinking also when he spoke about the topic. He has hunger and a point to prove.