Fox Sports Broncs offering 450K a season to Kurt Capewell

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I would argue that the league really should have proactively offered this information via press releases and the media when it comes to such an important development rather than V'landys and me having to become pen pals... but hey
I got all that info it’s in the public RFT documentation that was available online.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Kikau, too... must be said though, the Panthers have done a good job thus far retaining players they wanted to keep
They can keep a good core together but at this stage their salary cap is tight. They'll start to lose a couple of players they'd rather keep over the next 2 years imo.

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
not sure the NRL really know what they are doing in general... for example, this announcement that they are looking to bring in a second Brisbane team for the 2023 season... does that mean that the league is expanding to 17 teams? how will that work? re-instituting a bye in the comp? do the finals remain a top 8? is relocation back on the agenda? why a second Brisbane team now when the Broncos are in a slump and not previously when Brisbane and QLD rugby league was flying high? were any other locations considered? if so, which ones? why were they unsuccessful? if no other locations were considered, why not? was the rest of the league consulted? does the NRL grant remain as is? how has Covid effected the business bottom line for the league? do we have the playing talent to justify additional team(s)? etc.

too much seems to be done without the necessary preparations and forethought (eg. see the rule changes this year)
Queensland is a BIG rugby league market. When Queensland teams are bad, its not good for the NRL. Looks like they are putting a new team in Brisbane to increase exposure and funding for juniors in order to produce more quality in young Queensland players and also attract more fans.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
450 seems massively under for Capewell was probably player of the series in origin last year. Must be a done deal through TPAs and they thought 450 seemed believable. Worth 600 easy. Dogs, sharks, cowboys at least have money and space and should have be looking at him. Can't believe he would sign for that amount.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
They have just resigned Riki so if they are going to buy Capewell it sounds like they haven’t secured Piakura yet??
Your onto something NPC83, in fact, it might even be an indication Broncos missed out on Piakura??

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
see, I had to google that... and now I cannot unlearn it >:(

but since this thread has degenerated into filth, the late great Patrice O'Neal -->

I don't know why but that reminded me of a joke my mate told me. When you're arguing with your other half and she's mad, you go get a towel tie it round her neck like a cape and tell her now she's not angry anymore she's super angry.

BlackJackBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't know why but that reminded me of a joke my mate told me. When you're arguing with your other half and she's mad, you go get a towel tie it round her neck like a cape and tell her now she's not angry anymore she's super angry.
Haha... And that's the last thing you remember!

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
see, I had to google that... and now I cannot unlearn it >:(

but since this thread has degenerated into filth, the late great Patrice O'Neal -->

You ever Spiderman her ... ? Hahhah that's BRILLIANT

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Kikau, too... must be said though, the Panthers have done a good job thus far retaining players they wanted to keep
Easy to do when you push out Mansour and others

Malla

Reaction score
But seriously Brisbane are dumb fucks for signing another forward lol they have a plethora of high quality forwards already - they need to address their spine otherwise its going to be the same shit with them.

Milf gone, lets use his money on Capewell...OKkkkkkkk

No fullback
No hooker
Shit halves

but lets buy another edge backrower

Malla

Reaction score
What I don’t understand is the Capewell offer being less than Piakura, these untried young blokes being offered more than an origin rep whose had grand final experience.. the world has gone mad.
It's mind numbing lol

Piakura has not signed with the Broncos, not that I know of anyway. Last I heard from someone that works in the club is he signed with us but that was a few weeks ago and it's gone all quiet so don't think thats a good sign :(