Broncos should’ve had 2 tries Disallowed

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Wasn't blaming him for the try and as I said it think it was a no-try. But more=so because I'm certain a hand was in there that grabbed onto Burn's arm holding him back briefly. They never showed the replay again.

What I said is regardless he didn't do his job. He took no-one in the end and was simply run around with superior speed. The bloke is clueless and is responsible every game for try's and breaks getting past him because he has no idea about his position nor in the years he's been picked is he improving. Things may have changed but once upon a time defence was set from the outside in, the winger inwards.

You're claiming people with favourite scapegoat when your just running around defending the prick based on trolling c*nts. AND if your not and you genuinely believe that dunny brush haired git is actually good then you truly have no fukin idea bud!
Our coaching staff think he’s good. I know for a fact Gus is a big fan. So maybe I’m not the clueless one ;)

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
All this questionable decisions aside we just need Flanno in at 7... He's the best goal kicker we have. Burton missed 2 Flanno could have slotted, then when we got penalties in the second half we could have kicked to extend our lead. I don't think we play worse given the current structure of Flanno is 7.

As for Averillo look back to some of his footwork and line breaks when he was playing centre... Something has to give as I don't like seeing Baz forcing him to become a 7. Put the boy at left centre inside Addo-Carr and let him help the boy. Okunbur out Naden right wing.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I thought the frame in between he still had possession while his forearm grazed the ground but I only saw it twice when the game was on and could easily be wrong.. Either way his momentum had stopped and he should have been called held. He couldn't gain any advantage from the position he was in.
His left forearm hit the ground, but the ball carrying arm (right) was always in the air

Haza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
From what I saw Burns' forearm was on the ground while he still had the ball and while being touched by a defender which should mean any strip would be a penalty because the tackle is complete at that point.

If Burns tried to offload from that position, it'd be a penalty against him. A split second later he gets stripped, so its a close call in real time. But the bunker should have seen his forearm on the ground slightly before he was stripped.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We create enough opportunities to score but last pass execution off

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
the strip was touch and go (knee hit the ground, tackle went on forever) but I can live with that one

The try from scrum was obstruction hit the defender outside shoulder and impedes the defence

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He’s a massive liability. Teams will continually attack his side every week until he’s gone. I’m far more comfortable with Allen there. Allen will do a good job on the wing and can cover fullback if Dufty ever gets injured during the game. Just need TBaz to wake up
Allen is still injured. So whats Baz meant to wake up to?

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Okunbor is a liability in defence & his deficiencies are killing us. The Broncos knew it, they attacked it and come up trumps.

That's why we lost.

Enter Gus.
What I have never seen in nrl level or even any level (maybe besides mini or mod league), why when he is beaten does he turn around and run without looking where the ball handler is? It’s almost like he puts his head down and runs like he is chasing to support the attacking team :smilecat:

A bit unfair to compare him to JAC, but jac always tries to stays infront of his man and slides or grapples with him to slow him down/stop him. Okunbor just seems to start running for some reason.

He cost us a trial win against Newcastle. Was part of the reason we copped 30+ against the sharks in the second trial. And yesterday he wasn’t even a revolving door. He was a wide opened door because the opposition didn’t even need to slow down or change direction to beat him :smilecat:

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The try off the scrum should have been an obstruction, but at the end of the day we should have scored 3 or 4 times but didn't.
Can't blame the ref's for that

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I did notice Burns got obstructed. Contact from an obstruction runner on the outside shoulder. Ennis made a comment about it in commentary. To be honest Burns should of just fallen over. Would of made it more obvious.
Trent said it in his press conference… he doesn’t teach guys to fall to the ground if obstruction occurs!

If them scumbags at the Eels fall over like 10 pins each week milking penalties…. Why the f{}ck aren’t we?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Gus clearly disagrees.

And no, he doesn’t. Those dies really were not his fault today.

It’s the same old kennel story. Pick a scapegoat, Blame ‘em for everything.
How does Gus disagree?

You know I love you but your trolling is getting stale.

Knockonmor is shit and if you can't see that then you don't know footy.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Dogs cop the sharp end of the stick more than any other club which sucks, it's true we would have won if things went in our favour but we shouldn't be reliant on that.

Scoring points wins game and if we iced those chances than we would have won, defence is just as important.

The bunker should be give full power to override the on field ref's, its a massive issue when forward passes are incorrectly called or missed.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Trent said it in his press conference… he doesn’t teach guys to fall to the ground if obstruction occurs!
Just because he doesn't, doesn't mean they aren't coached to do it. Maybe the players didn't think it was an obstruction so didn't do a swan dive

dogsballs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I actually thought the burns one was ok, the ball was stripped milliseconds before burns elbow hit the ground, like if he had of offloaded at the point instead it would be play on? The obstruction one though should have been disallowed