Broncos Rocked As Payne Haas Hits Open Market

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nice
When is Cameron Smith and Cooper Cronk off contract since we looking at 5 year old news

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I reckon he will stay there, he just wants an early end to the previous managers contract.
What if Rugby comes calling? I don't see why he wouldn't see the Sualli deal as the starting point for any negotiations considering his status in the game

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I reckon he will stay there, he just wants an early end to the previous managers contract.
He's with his new manager. Tyran Smith is the owner of sports player management, he is married to Mundine's sister Kellie.

This is the 2nd time, Haas has disrupted our season, when we are doing well.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
TLDR version:

Hes going to the market to pump up his price but will stay at Broncos

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He's with his new manager. Tyran Smith is the owner of sports player management, he is married to Mundine's sister Kellie.

This is the 2nd time, Haas has disrupted our season, when we are doing well.
Isnt his current contract from his previous manager? Changing management won't change the previous contract

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well we are fu*kd then, we can't offer the pub deal to Hass because he is a practising muslim. So can someone tell Laundy can he offer him a yaught instead

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What if Rugby comes calling? I don't see why he wouldn't see the Sualli deal as the starting point for any negotiations considering his status in the game
Definitely an option with serial grub SBW advising him

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Payne Haas has requested an immediate release from his NRL contract with the Brisbane Broncos after discussions about a pay rise broke down, with the 22-year-old also furious over alleged unfair treatment.
The Broncos have said he will not be let out of his contract, even making the shock claim that talks over an extension are continuing.

The damaging front-rower has been on a collision course with the club for some time, believing his $750,000 salary represents a huge underpayment given his incredible form and ability.
There is a belief around the game he could command a $1 million yearly salary if he hit the open market - something Haas and his new management team are acutely aware of.
The Broncos issued a hard-line statement on Thursday afternoon in response to the news of his release request.
“Payne Haas is contracted to the Brisbane Broncos until the end of the 2024 NRL season,” the club said.
“The club will not be entertaining a release.
“The club remains in ongoing discussions with Payne’s management about what the next phase looks like for him at the Broncos.
“That includes ongoing dialogue about an extension to his current contract.”

https://www.thekennel.net.au/forum/https:

Payne Haas.
P

Haas confirmed on Instagram he will play for the Broncos against Gold Coast on Friday night.
“All that matters is we got a game tomorrow night and all my focus is on that,” he wrote.
“All I can control is giving my all tomorrow night for my teammates and you guys (the fans).”
7NEWS has revealed Haas’s discontent extends to raising concerns about unfair treatment among teammates with the club.
“He’s really angry with the club after being publicly shamed and forced to front the media over off-field misdemeanours,” Michelle Bishop reported.
Bishop added Haas has pointed to young gun Selwyn Cobbo being protected amid his recent court case on driving charges as an example.
Up to four clubs are reportedly interested in signing Haas, with the forward continually linked to the Roosters and Dolphins.
7NEWS understands the Roosters does not have room to sign Haas this season if he does earn a release from the Broncos.
Before the courts

The impasse comes as the Broncos’ three-time best-and-fairest winner engages in a courtroom battle with former manager Chris Orr, who is entitled to a commission until the current deal he struck expires.
Since changing managers Haas has been angling for an upgrade, of the belief he is being underpaid on the deal he initially agreed to.
The Broncos are keen to secure him, reportedly tabling a $6 million contract - it would have been the richest in NRL history for a prop forward - only for the 22-year-old to knock it back.
Haas’ brother Klese signed a two-year deal with Gold Coast earlier on Thursday, the younger sibling still represented by Orr’s management company in spite of Payne’s issues.
Payne Haas has also been backed by Brisbane despite being the subject of three separate NRL integrity unit investigations during his time at the club.
Earlier this season he was suspended for his scuffle with teammate Albert Kelly.
The 22-year-old was last year accused of intimidating a female police officer and in 2019 was punished for failing to cooperate with an NRL investigation.
The distraction comes on the eve of the State of Origin series, with Haas again expected to play a key role for NSW.

How Blues coach Brad Fittler views the stand-off will be crucial, with the mentor wary of contract negotiations interfering with his team’s campaign.
Always was our target…

LucasFitzo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I have a feeling this has been in the works for a while. I think Haas is 20x more likely than Tino.

That being said.. Theres no way we could afford both with Kikau already on the books on big coin.

Who would everyone prefer if we had to pick one, Payne or Tino?

Reecek89

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Tyran Smith has a great relationship with the bulldogs, who has a great relationship with Mundine who has a great relationship with SBW who has a great relationship with Gus who has a great relationship with a Chinese restaurant owner.
Haas 1.2… Tino 1.2 and Fifita 800k and we are set lol

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I have a feeling this has been in the works for a while. I think Haas is 20x more likely than Tino.

That being said.. Theres no way we could afford both with Kikau already on the books on big coin.

We have 500k this year and 2 million next year to spend, so I don't know why you think there is "no way we can afford him".

Reecek89

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Perhaps Kikau was front ended hence why we didn’t go buy anyone else this year, Gus is playing the cap

LucasFitzo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We have 500k this year and 2 million next year to spend, so I don't know why you think there is "no way we can afford him".
Spending 2 million dollars on two front rowers when you have 800k abouts on an edge backrower is not how you manage a cap :D

Just my opinion lol