Broncos pick up Marsh

Status
Not open for further replies.

PigBenis

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,22690654-5001023,00.html

BRISBANE have pulled off a signing coup with the surprise announcement that classy utility PJ Marsh will join the NRL club on a three-year deal.

Parramatta have granted Marsh a release from the final year of his contract, allowing the Broncos to nab him.

Used mostly as a hooker, the former New Zealand Warrior and Queensland State of Origin representative is an ideal replacement for Shaun Berrigan, who left for England at the end of the 2007 NRL season.

if this is true it has to be one of the great buys of 08

Toey .H.C.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
buy of the season right there. PJ marsh is a gun.

Now he won't have to contest with that fat hack riddell for game time.

iWahash

Hannant
Reaction score
how the **** did the broncos fit him under their cap and we couldn't fit him under ours

BILLYA-BULLDOG

DOGS 4 LIFE
Reaction score
Great move by broncos , shame our managemnt couldnt get him instead of keeping corey hughes
Once again we miss out

matt

Kennel Established
Reaction score
awesome signing, this really gives us a massive boost for next year.

KENNY-DOWALL

The Kiwi Xpress
Reaction score
They look even more lethal now

6.Lockyer
7.Wallace
9.Marsh

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
They look even more lethal now

6.Lockyer
7.Wallace
9.Marsh
Yeah because Wallace is as lethal as a viper. If he didn't kick that field goal, no one would know his name.

mal

Waterboy
Reaction score
Hrmm, News Limited? I think not.

The scrapping of Lacey and Te Reo would have freed up 100-150k. And I'm pretty sure after the loss of all our stars, we would have had a 100k or so free.

Don't hate, mate. Appreciate.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
That's right. "A player comes to Brisbane for less money" but when he leaves he was on 900,000 a season. When you own half the NRL and majority own another team in the same comp, no one can/will stop you from doing whatever you want.

Deception_2112

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hrmm, News Limited? I think not.

The scrapping of Lacey and Te Reo would have freed up 100-150k. And I'm pretty sure after the loss of all our stars, we would have had a 100k or so free.

Don't hate, mate. Appreciate.
Uh how you guys ever fitted 7 rep players under ur squad was amazing it itself..

Don't BS about loyalty because thats long gone, Bulldog players have far more loyalty than Bronco scum.

Hunt, Hodges, Tate, Berrigan, Lockyer, Civo...

The fact you guys only lost 3 of them and pulled off a massive signings such as PJ means you are most definitely breaching the cap.

Quite sad then isn't it? You should have a dynasty built..But sadly Broncos will be Broncos, and they just suck.

If the Bulldogs kept their 04 team till now, you guys would be in a comfortable 3rd getting walloped by us every year.

QLDGirl

queensland rock
Reaction score
We lost Thorn, Berrigan, Tate, Civo, TeReo, Lacey, Carlaw....

THat would free a ****load of money!

Wallace and all that arent on a great deal of money, Clinton and I guess Marsh would be the only ones who would be a large sum of money, but so was the likes of Civo, Tate and Berrigan.

AS for this dynasty ****... sure, it would have been nice to keep those players, but you cant always, every club knows that.

Berrigan and Tate wanted to leave, Thorn was nearing his end, it was always going to happen with Carlaw soon, and the only one that shouldnt have happened was Civo I suppose. We couldn't keep all our players forever, its about time the Broncos brought a few key players to help build a better team for the future!

Fantastic news!

Last edited by a moderator:

mal

Waterboy
Reaction score
Uh how you guys ever fitted 7 rep players under ur squad was amazing it itself..

Don't BS about loyalty because thats long gone, Bulldog players have far more loyalty than Bronco scum.

Hunt, Hodges, Tate, Berrigan, Lockyer, Civo...

The fact you guys only lost 3 of them and pulled off a massive signings such as PJ means you are most definitely breaching the cap.

Quite sad then isn't it? You should have a dynasty built..But sadly Broncos will be Broncos, and they just suck.

If the Bulldogs kept their 04 team till now, you guys would be in a comfortable 3rd getting walloped by us every year.

Get over it. I'm sick of hearing every fan and his dog having a whinge about the Broncos and salary cap breaches, yada yada yada.

The fact of the matter is, we have loyal players, we have a culture and coach that is far more attractive than Belmore and we have won 6 premierships in 20 years.

Broncos don't suck, Broncos never sucked, and Broncos will for a long time have the same culture and winning success. Don't hate us because we are successful and if you are going to rat on the Broncos at least use a different argument that actually has some merit, other than the usual bull**** fans who are clearly jealous of our situtation use.

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Well done to the Broncos who secured a Great Player in Attack & Defense. The team will have a Great Lock-Halves Combination with Wallace, Lockyer & Marsh.:(

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Well done to the Broncos who secured a Great Player in Attack & Defense. The team will have a Great Lock-Halves Combination with Wallace, Lockyer & Marsh.:(
marsh isnt a lock

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I mean HOOKER... I'll edit that, still a Good buy for Brisbane non the Less. I still wish they had signed someone else but PJ was bound to leave anyway.

B

BULLDOG GEORGE

i wish we had been as smart as them. thats why they always do well.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
either way the Broncos arnt gonna get anywhere in 2008 not with Joel Clinton as their main forward

Lockyer wont be having the best season either because the ball will always end up in his hands which will have him burnt out around origin time

Status
Not open for further replies.