Broncos paid Anthony Mundine under the table on the quiet

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
05 FEB, 2023 'I got paid outside of salary cap' Sunday Mail Brisbane, Brisbane

‘I got paid outside of salary cap’ LUCKY there was no integrity unit or salary cap auditor around during Super League.

Anthony Mundine has claimed in a summer podcast he was paid $300,000 under the table by the Brisbane Broncos. We chatted to ‘Choc’ about it on Friday. “Yes, it’s true,” he said. “I got a $100,000 sign-on fee with Super League and $350,000-a-season with the Broncos over three years. “Then on top of that they agreed to pay me an extra $100,000-a-year on the quiet. In fact, they gave me three lots of the $100,000 in the first year. It was crazy. “So that first season I got $750,000 all-up, which was huge money back in 1996. “Once I paid tax, I had enough to buy my house in Sydney from one season of footy

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Gee i didn't know they even got paid way back when mundine played

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
So glad those ***** are a fucking rabble now, nothing sweeter as a queenslander than seeing them flogs miserably fail

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
It's no secret that superleague enticed ARL players with massive overtures. ARL players benefited aswell, Fitler was payed substantially more than previous teams salary caps and a cool half a million just to sign for any ARL team.

Just shows how dumb Mundine actually is because 1. You have given cause for the ATO to come knocking
2. Reserve grade superleague players were being payed just as much or more

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
It's no secret that superleague enticed ARL players with massive overtures. ARL players benefited aswell, Fitler was payed substantially more than previous teams salary caps and a cool half a million just to sign for any ARL team.

Just shows how dumb Mundine actually is because 1. You have given cause for the ATO to come knocking
they all got paid.
my mate was playing first grade at souths, he was retiring because his knee was no good. The ARL came in the sheds and gave him a cheque for $60k. He said im not playing next year im retired, they said dont care you are now under the ARL. So he took the money and ran

Precise

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Over 7 years ago ATO won’t do shit now.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Is this why Mundine has spoken, to be in the 'limelight'?

SPOTTED
Anthony Mundine running the Wanda sandhills — in steelcap boots — as he prepares for his exhibition fight with boxing legend Manny Pacquiao in PNG in June.

It's the fighters from the retirement village

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
they all got paid.
my mate was playing first grade at souths, he was retiring because his knee was no good. The ARL came in the sheds and gave him a cheque for $60k. He said im not playing next year im retired, they said dont care you are now under the ARL. So he took the money and ran
How did he run when his knee was no good?