Broncos not a developmemt club

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kevin walters was interviewed recently and made in quite clear that the broncos are not a development club.
So the bulldogs as gus says the biggest Sydney club, why does lyn say we are a development club??

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Kevin walters was interviewed recently and made in quite clear that the broncos are not a development club.
So the bulldogs as gus says the biggest Sydney club, why does lyn say we are a development club??
Due to playing to a salary cap that didn't exist (the reason why we're in this mess, past administration) we've had to reset. Our roster on paper doesn't equal the actual salary cap, it's much less. To balance this we need to become a development club (basically what the Panthers have done) so we can have an alternative to paying overs for some players in the roster. We need a bit of both. Every club should be a development club tbh.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
To me it means from what was said....more time needed way more time....excuses, where Kevin said straight out they won't be using that excuse...cause they are thr broncos ..
Easy solution, "development" means different things in each conversation.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Dogs biggest Sydney club? What are you smoking?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
On 100% footy Gus said we were the biggest club in Sydney. According to a recent survey we have one of the lowest fan bases currently in the NRL (second lowest in Sydney, Panthers the lowest).

Seems members dont matter much considering both us and Penrith are the richest Sydney clubs.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
"Development club" is just bs media spin.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
On 100% footy Gus said we were the biggest club in Sydney. According to a recent survey we have one of the lowest fan bases currently in the NRL (second lowest in Sydney, Panthers the lowest).

I wouldn’t pay too much attention to that survey.. how does one measure “a fan”? I would say only a percentage of those figures are accurate and likely based on season memberships and favourite teams selected upon registering in tipping comps/fantasy.

We are definitely one of the biggest clubs in Sydney, certainly one of the wealthiest. The biggest, that’s debatable but I’d say we’re not far off.

Last edited:

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems members dont matter much considering both us and Penrith are the richest Sydney clubs.

Why is the NRL grant different for each team? That is odd.
And why do Broncos get the most? They are already a one team town....
Also, arent they a listed company these days? ALL of their financial information should be publicly available.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Why is the NRL grant different for each team? That is odd.
And why do Broncos get the most? They are already a one team town....
Also, arent they a listed company these days? ALL of their financial information should be publicly available.
When the NRL fines a club they take it out the grant.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I wouldn’t pay too much attention to that survey.. how does one measure “a fan”? I would say that only a percentage of those figures are accurate likely based on season memberships and favourite teams selected upon registering in tipping comps/fantasy.

We are definitely one of the biggest clubs in Sydney, certainly one of the wealthiest. The biggest, that’s debatable but I’d say we’re not far off.
You can't get all fans obviously (e.g. I didn't take the survey, or w.e. it is, maybe I have through somewhere else, e.g. NRL Fantasy), but it'll be roughly the same % missing/not there for every club.