Britain Adopts Islamic Law

Status
Not open for further replies.

PigBenis

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,422661,00.html

Islamic law has been officially adopted in Britain, with sharia courts given powers to rule on Muslim civil cases.

The government has quietly sanctioned the powers for sharia judges to rule on cases ranging from divorce and financial disputes to those involving domestic violence.

Rulings issued by a network of five sharia courts are enforceable with the full power of the judicial system, through county courts or the country's High Court, a part of its Supreme Court system.

Previously, the rulings of sharia courts in Britain could not be enforced, and depended on voluntary compliance among Muslims.

Politicians and church leaders expressed concerns that this could mark the beginnings of a “parallel legal system” based on sharia for some British Muslims.

Dominic Grieve, the shadow home secretary, said: “If it is true that these tribunals are passing binding decisions in the areas of family and criminal law, I would like to know which courts are enforcing them because I would consider such action unlawful. British law is absolute and must remain so.”

M

Mr Miyagi

What if I knifed a muslim or a muslim knifed me, how does tha work?

iWahash

Hannant
Reaction score
They will eventually want all people to be bound by these laws. This is only the start.
Thats where you're wrong. It's not all people, it's only the Muslims. If you look at the call for Shariah Law, it's not so that it may be implemented in Britain, North America or Australia. The call is for Shariah Law in the Muslim countries. No one wants it Britain and I think it's pointless.

And btw, isn't that whats happening now? The west wants everyone 'bound by it's laws'? Hypocritical statement if you ask me.

A

Al.Bundy

Thats where you're wrong. It's not all people, it's only the Muslims. If you look at the call for Shariah Law, it's not so that it may be implemented in Britain, North America or Australia. The call is for Shariah Law in the Muslim countries. No one wants it Britain and I think it's pointless.

And btw, isn't that whats happening now? The west wants everyone 'bound by it's laws'? Hypocritical statement if you ask me.
Live in a western country, bound by western law.

Live in middle eastern country, bound by the laws.

It is when the other pushes and forces their beliefs on the other that I get annoyed.

PS. I am not bound by any religion

Game Breaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What if I knifed a muslim or a muslim knifed me, how does tha work?

The article says civil cases, not criminal

It only rules on stuff like divorces, inheritance etc, where both parties will agree with Islamic laws.

The rulings wont contradict British law

A

Al.Bundy

The article says civil cases, not criminal

It only rules on stuff like divorces, inheritance etc, where both parties will agree with Islamic laws.

The rulings wont contradict British law
That is the most important point tbh

iWahash

Hannant
Reaction score
Live in a western country, bound by western law.

Live in middle eastern country, bound by the laws.

It is when the other pushes and forces their beliefs on the other that I get annoyed.

PS. I am not bound by any religion
LOL Bro I'm not going to argue with you because this discussion is alot deeper than what you make it out to be. Sure, the first point you just made is 100% spot on and I can't dispute that.

But the second point about Middle Eastern countries is a point that has been disputed and the current laws of the Middle East are the reason why the Middle East is in such a bad state. It's like I said though, that's for a different discussion altogether

xeno

xXxeno
Reaction score
Call me naive i dont know much about the muslim religion but dont they support stonings of women who cheat and all?

Hasoon

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Call me naive i dont know much about the muslim religion but dont they support stonings of women who cheat and all?
yes. and same goes to the men. Punishable by death.

Rani

True Blue
Reaction score
yes. and same goes to the men. Punishable by death.
So does this come under criminal law or civil law in your opinion?

Wouldn't that cause conflict in western and Muslim beliefs?

Hasoon

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So does this come under criminal law or civil law in your opinion?

Wouldn't that cause conflict in western and Muslim beliefs?
it comes under shariah law

Status
Not open for further replies.