Not open for further replies.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
- 19 games undefeated
- They are running away with the title
- They have the youngest team in the A-League
- PLaying in the best football stadium in Australia
- And considering its only the A-League, from what I have seen their style of football is the best of any in the league.

And yet they cant crack 10, 000 people coming into their game.

There are talks that if the Roar do make the A-League grand final the FFA will be force to play the GF either in Sydney or Melbourne

Jigga

Kennel Established
Reaction score
i'd say they would be able to manage 10K plus if in a final, i remember back when they were the strykers and they were in the final, correct me if i'm wrong but farina was playin and i think they went 30-40K??

Munnuz 1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow, if was in Sydney I'd go to it. I know that Seongnam just won the AFC CL but Brisbane atm would have to be one of the best teams in asia, they are 2 or 3 steps up from any other a-league club. Would love to see a full strength Brisbane Roar take on Seongnam.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
if they move the GF that would be stupid

also lol at craig foster the idiot[video=youtube;Z6u8LoGpvKk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6u8LoGpvKk&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
20 games undefeated now...

missing a few players but it seems ange has them playing as a team

and roddy as for that video of ange and fozzie argueing... ange had to take some responsibilities for the young socceroos failings in tournaments

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
20 games undefeated now...

missing a few players but it seems ange has them playing as a team

and roddy as for that video of ange and fozzie argueing... ange had to take some responsibilities for the young socceroos failings in tournaments
yeah but foster totally dismissed his coaching ability and trashed him on national tv

ange won 2 nsl titles and now has turned the roar around

i read an article that foster wrote recently that says the reason postecoglu improved as a coach was because of upgraded coaching licence standards that the world game suggested

to also be fair to ange, he had to contend with the transition to the a league, if you recall there was no proper football played for a year around 2004-2005

its not conditions like today with the a league and youth league established

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
fair point...

and your right that Fozzie had no right to embarrass ange on tv

Ange has done so well with the roar and you cant ignore it whether you follow the a-league or not

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Football Federation Australia has stepped in to cover significant losses at Brisbane Roar, with a cash injection believed to be in the region of $1.5 million.

While the peak body baulks at delivering life-saving funding of $650,000 for North Queensland Fury, the purse strings have been loosened to guarantee the future of Roar, which is actively seeking a majority shareholder.

The Coffee Club consortium, currently the team's largest shareholder, is looking to scale down its involvement.

It is believed Roar may have lost up to $3 million this season, though FFA disputes that figure, with A-League boss Lyall Gorman insisting the grant to the club does not come close to the $1.5m mark.

Other club sources claim that it does, with FFA’s intervention mirroring its involvement in the club last season when it similarly helped cover operational losses of around the same figure.

TWG understands FFA is also taking a hands-on approach at Roar, with its chief financial officer Tony Hallam spotted at board meetings amid claims coach Ange Postecoglou has been over-ruled in his efforts to find swift replacements for departed striker Reinaldo and young defender Luke Devere.

Gorman also disputes this, insisting a new signing for next season will be announced within two weeks. He also maintains that FFA’s on-going involvement will help take the club to a "new level".

“With the Roar’s anticipated participation in the Asian Champions League there is the opportunity there to inject new capital into the organisation to propel its growth and momentum,” Gorman told The World Game.

“It’s not a case of existing shareholders seeking to walk away from the club. It’s more about working with the club on an expansion and growth strategy. There will soon to be some announcements in that regard.

“We’ve seen how Brisbane fans and the corporate world respond to success in other codes and there’s no reason why football can’t be up there on the same pedestal.

“We have an existing agreement with the club whereby we contribute a certain amount of capital support and it’s not for us to reveal the amounts. But we are honouring that agreement and there is no secret in that.

“It’s all about better positioning the club to capitalise on its on-field success this year. There’s a remarkable opportunity to provide a turbo-charge to the club. This is a strategic evolution and not about us taking any form of ownership.”

On possible new signings, he added: “The club are certainly free to sign players. We want to make sure what’s been set in stone on the pitch this year continues.”

It is believed Postecoglou has been tracking an Argentine striker.

Roar CEO Peter McLennan said: “We are always looking for another investor. There’s nothing new there. At the end of the season there will be a review process. All our backers are committed until then.

“As for the FFA, they have been very supportive towards the club. But the details of our agreement is between us and them.”

Meanwhile, Gorman also insisted that no final decision had been made on the precarious future of North Queensland Fury, which is $650,000 short of the survival target set by FFA.

“I’ve been talking with Fury management and their advisory board on a daily basis and it’s wrong to say a call has been made on their future,” Gorman said.

“We want to ensure that every possibility is given for the football franchise to move forward.

“There will be decision sometime this month because we have to put a draw in place and determine the future structure of the A-League.

"But there is no drop-dead date on the club’s fate and no decisions have yet been made. We want to give Townsville every ounce of oxygen we can to maintain its football franchise. That’s been our desire from day one.

“It’s a work in progress and with the floods in Queensland and also now the cyclone we’ve parked those discussions. There are more pressing issues for that community to focus on the future of the Fury.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More mismanagement by the FFA on the A-League clubs

col of birchmen

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I cant stand the A-League i could go across the road and watch the same level of football, but from what ive seen from Brisbane this year considering they lost oar,sarota, zullo and kruse last year they play real attractive football and deserve the title

Packy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Roar had 20k to our 1st game. 1st Season was around 15k as an average I believe. The way soccer is run doesn't appeal to us is my only guess. The success or failure of the team isn't what drives people to games. I myself went to every home game in the 1st season and IIRC we only won 1! but lost interest in them during the 2nd. I can't put my finger on why but the player trade system, import and lack of loyalty got to me. There is very little sense of culture in the Roar. Perhaps it is just my take on it. To me it comes across as Oz trying to do what the rest of the world does with soccer with big bucks mid contract sells and buys and it doesn't work. I think they would kepe their crowds much higher if there was a better and bigger sense of family. Would probably get me back to the games anyway.

I am confused writing this so I am sure reading it makes no sense.

I still support them and watch games on TV and will go with friends if someone else organises it, but that is about the extent of my effort.

B.A.Baracus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If they make the final, they'll fill lang park up. If I remember correctly, the old Brisbane Strikers filled it when they first reached the final.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
The best australian football team i have ever seen
there have been better aussie footy clubs...

Melbourne Knights in the mid 90s, SOuth Melbourne of late 90s, Marconi back in the 70s-early 80s...

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score

Melbourne Knights in the mid 90s, SOuth Melbourne of late 90s, Marconi back in the 70s-early 80s...
your a scouser...wot would you know about real football....

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score

btw im just joking......i said the best I HAVE EVER SEEN.... im 24 so dont remember the 70s 80s marconi......i do remember south melbourne being good though

Maza

Reaction score
Can't believe they scored 30 seconds to go and then win on penalties, what a way for CCM to lose.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
your a scouser...wot would you know about real football....
My god you're a retard.

Anyway, congratulations to the Roar, far and away the best team over the whole competition. Anyone got highlights yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.