Brett Kimmorley - Halves Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Anyone think having him coaching the halves might be backfiring?

C

chipandchase

yeh you are right, he trains Hodkinson to continually get kicks charged down, put bombs up that are 20 metres short of the try line, kick it straight to the fullback every time, sack BK but keep Hodkinson.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
hodgkinson needs to copy jamie soward a bit, stand that extra few meters behind the play, and have that extra couple of seconds to place his kicks.
remembering soward was punted from roosters for his crap kicking game, now he would rank up with the best of them just by standing back a bit, its not that difficult to get preasure on the kicker when close, give room kicking will improve

C

chipandchase

hodgkinson needs to copy jamie soward a bit, stand that extra few meters behind the play, and have that extra couple of seconds to place his kicks.
remembering soward was punted from roosters for his crap kicking game, now he would rank up with the best of them just by standing back a bit, its not that difficult to get preasure on the kicker when close, give room kicking will improve
good in theory, but he cant kick it very far, thats why he stands flat

G

Gladiator.

Kimmorley's style of play worked for Kimmorley, thats the only problem. It was his natural game play, he's making Hodkinson play a style that he is unnatural to.

sm

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
failure as a player even worse as a coach,just teaching the new breed bad habits.

G

Gladiator.

failure as a player even worse as a coach,just teaching the new breed bad habits.
Very big failure....

In 2009 when he made his early come back for the final everyone was w*anking on about him.

dogie

thruthick&thin
Reaction score
Very big failure....

In 2009 when he made his early come back for the final everyone was w*anking on about him.
yup and then against parra in the preliminary he SUCKED !!!

hazebulldogs

Waterboy
Reaction score
look at manly now there are playing good footer now last year there come 8 because of hodkinson

nassman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm starting to agree with the people that thought Foran was carrying Hodkinson last year... I think if we had a dynamic 5/8th then a defensively brilliant, low risk halfback wouldn't be so bad. Instead we have Keating who is playing with delusions of being Brad Fittler.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
yup and then against parra in the preliminary he SUCKED !!!
2009 without BK we dont even make the finals. You see how we slid when he got injured late in the season? And he came back for the final underdone and we lost then too. No point BSing about him being crap years ago to reinforce an opinion of him now, because back then everyone was in love with him.

its true his style of playing halves is more natural and instinctive and may not be easy to teach to others. If hes in charge of the kicking game we have right now i have to say im not impressed with him as halves coach. But im not going to go back and undo my opinion of what i thought of him as a player because of it.

nassman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's gone mate. Maybe we'll swap him with Mortimer.

:ohwell:

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think the problem is that Kimmorley is trying to drill his style of play in to Trent when Trent should be starting to realise what is best for him and he should be playing the way that is most comfortable for him, not someone else's style of play.

_BT_

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Hodkinson had a good start to the year. Now it looks like he is trying ti play a different style and is way out of his element and it's failing bad. It's actually pretty embarassing how bad he is playing, must be bad on his confidence, he should just play his natural game and keep BK away from him as much as possible.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Well it looks like Hodkison will cop 1-2 weeks, so we may get a chance to see Reynolds play at halfback first grade. Although, if they pick Romelo at halfback, I'm pulling a Harmichael and switching codes.

Status
Not open for further replies.