Brenko Lee

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JonesBarry

100%? Really? Is he not the bloke that said we were signing walsh and that english half? Or was that someone else?
Haha you believe mr I ????
he said Huskinson wasn't offered a contract and he has been , been confirmed
@noidea

Mozzie

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

A picture says a thousand words and Marley's avatar says it all ;)
I only come on here to look at Marley's Avatars especially the girl on girl ones he has had

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Edrick Lee is a coloured chap with the funny hair cut, this bloke looks like Slav of some type
Not only are the Lees related, but Brenko is also related to Feleti Mateo

Canberra Raiders' Brenko Lee puts aside homesick blues

Canberra youngster Brenko Lee has revealed he came perilously close to becoming the latest homesick Queenslander to quit the club before re-signing until the end of 2016.

Struggling mentally to deal with a serious hamstring injury midway through last season, the 18-year-old centre had his bags packed for Brisbane. It took some home truths from his cousin Edrick Lee to convince him to stay.

''I was ready to go home,'' Brenko said on Thursday after his two-year extension was made public.

''I'd booked my flight and was at the airport. [When I called him] Eddy got really angry at me and said, 'If you do this, you're going to regret it in the long run'.

Advertisement

''I need that because I was in tears, I just wanted to go home to mum and dad. Eddy told me, 'I'll stick with you through thick and thin.' When he said that I thought I should be here with him.''

Losing another player to the ''go-home'' factor would have been the last thing Canberra needed, given star rookie Anthony Milford's decision to sign a two-year deal with Brisbane Broncos from 2015.

A fellow Souths Logan junior, Edrick can relate to his younger cousin's dilemma after he also struggled to adjust to Canberra life early on before re-signing until the end of 2017 in October.

Brenko represented the Queensland under-20s last season, and was one of the first youngsters new Canberra coach Ricky Stuart called to confirm he was in his long-term plans. It was the vote of confidence Brenko needed after attracting strong interest from several clubs, most notably a huge offer from New Zealand Warriors.

''I got an offer from New Zealand and I was actually going to go over there because my older cousin [Feleti Mateo] plays there,'' he said.

''But I thought I'd stay here with the Raiders; they gave me an opportunity when I was 12 years old. When I did my hamstring I was very emotional, I just saw a real dark side of me and was always in tears and just wanted to go home. Eddy grabbed me and said, 'Hold on, mate, if you walk out you're going to be walking out of the rest of your life'. That kind of hit me.''

Brenko's weight ballooned to 115 kilograms during his three months out with injury, but he has trimmed back to 94 kilograms after ''training his arse off'' with the top squad over pre-season.

''When Ricky called me, he said he had a lot of belief in me I could play [NRL] if I train hard,'' he said.

''It convinced me to stay. Mal Meninga and some of the greats came here from Souths Logan and Josh [Papalii] played for Australia.''

Edrick is still on restricted training after a broken arm cut short his breakout season this year. He is hopeful it is not too long before he realises the dream of playing in the big time alongside his cousin.

''Before he made the decision we did have a talk and I wasn't too sure where he was heading, but he's done the right thing by the club and the fans,'' Edrick said.

''We've moved in together and at the moment he's training with first grade, and doing well … Hopefully both of us can eventually play first grade together.''

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...puts-aside-homesick-blues-20131205-2yu0a.html

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
NOooo Wayyyyy!! Brenko Lee has been untouchable in the under 20's since he was fifteen... His like a Mal Meninga and if the dogs pull this one off hold the **** on!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
@noidea
#bait-posting just earned you a 2 week ban.

Try it again when you return and see where it gets you.

OR chance your hand with a duplicate account and lose both of them.

Heres a hint: Nobody will be sad if your account goes for good. You're a pest.

Kayser

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Here ends the lesson

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
@noidea
That was "the greatest" who said no contract was offered.

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not only are the Lees related, but Brenko is also related to Feleti Mateo

Canberra Raiders' Brenko Lee puts aside homesick blues

Canberra youngster Brenko Lee has revealed he came perilously close to becoming the latest homesick Queenslander to quit the club before re-signing until the end of 2016.

Struggling mentally to deal with a serious hamstring injury midway through last season, the 18-year-old centre had his bags packed for Brisbane. It took some home truths from his cousin Edrick Lee to convince him to stay.

''I was ready to go home,'' Brenko said on Thursday after his two-year extension was made public.

''I'd booked my flight and was at the airport. [When I called him] Eddy got really angry at me and said, 'If you do this, you're going to regret it in the long run'.

Advertisement

''I need that because I was in tears, I just wanted to go home to mum and dad. Eddy told me, 'I'll stick with you through thick and thin.' When he said that I thought I should be here with him.''

Losing another player to the ''go-home'' factor would have been the last thing Canberra needed, given star rookie Anthony Milford's decision to sign a two-year deal with Brisbane Broncos from 2015.

A fellow Souths Logan junior, Edrick can relate to his younger cousin's dilemma after he also struggled to adjust to Canberra life early on before re-signing until the end of 2017 in October.

Brenko represented the Queensland under-20s last season, and was one of the first youngsters new Canberra coach Ricky Stuart called to confirm he was in his long-term plans. It was the vote of confidence Brenko needed after attracting strong interest from several clubs, most notably a huge offer from New Zealand Warriors.

''I got an offer from New Zealand and I was actually going to go over there because my older cousin [Feleti Mateo] plays there,'' he said.

''But I thought I'd stay here with the Raiders; they gave me an opportunity when I was 12 years old. When I did my hamstring I was very emotional, I just saw a real dark side of me and was always in tears and just wanted to go home. Eddy grabbed me and said, 'Hold on, mate, if you walk out you're going to be walking out of the rest of your life'. That kind of hit me.''

Brenko's weight ballooned to 115 kilograms during his three months out with injury, but he has trimmed back to 94 kilograms after ''training his arse off'' with the top squad over pre-season.

''When Ricky called me, he said he had a lot of belief in me I could play [NRL] if I train hard,'' he said.

''It convinced me to stay. Mal Meninga and some of the greats came here from Souths Logan and Josh [Papalii] played for Australia.''

Edrick is still on restricted training after a broken arm cut short his breakout season this year. He is hopeful it is not too long before he realises the dream of playing in the big time alongside his cousin.

''Before he made the decision we did have a talk and I wasn't too sure where he was heading, but he's done the right thing by the club and the fans,'' Edrick said.

''We've moved in together and at the moment he's training with first grade, and doing well … Hopefully both of us can eventually play first grade together.''

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...puts-aside-homesick-blues-20131205-2yu0a.html
Dated December 6, 2013

So, he could still have been granted an early release, but I doubt we were able to negotiate given the 'final year of contract rule'.
Who knows?!

~cb.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Why has the thread title changed?

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Lol. I don't give 2 ****s what any poster, regular or mod says.

Tell your story walking princess

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

marsh43

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Geez itchy trigger finger.. have a beer and calm down kuz. Its only a fcuken message board mate.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Geez itchy trigger finger.. have a beer and calm down kuz. Its only a fcuken message board mate.
and he's only a pain in the arse to many of us here, and 99% certain its a duplicate account.

He contributes **** all except baiting other members. Ergo, no loss to this fine forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.