Breakout star of 2024?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
What if Skelton becomes the new Okunbor in a good way? Turned into a forward who can tackle.

I remember Ciraldo saying in one of the post game press conferences “he is a project”. Seeing as we have enough backs, my theory is the coaching staff will utilise him as a forward.
Pity they didn't start transitioning him this year then if that was a plan?

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
One thing with Xerri is he’ll immediately impress the coach with his training attitude, there won’t be any laziness or bad attitude from him as he’s already been going full tilt all year, he should be able to tell players what life’s like with no football, so get stuck in and give it your all while you’ve got the chance !

Xerri next to JAC … with Kikau .. lethal combination ..

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I reckon he will go hard but the only question mark would be if he is still fast.
Roger Fabri has been saying he is faster then ever and will be up there with the NRLols fastest. If you look at all professional sprinters they all have massive upper bodies, perhaps its part of the muscle mechanics required for speed? I dont know. So I don't look at Xerri and think he has bulked up too much.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Roger Fabri has been saying he is faster then ever and will be up there with the NRLols fastest. If you look at all professional sprinters they all have massive upper bodies, perhaps its part of the muscle mechanics required for speed? I dont know. So I don't look at Xerri and think he has bulked up too much.
He's not that size now, pop along to training when his ban ends in 10 days, I think he starts with us on Monday 25th.

Always a Bulldog

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Xerri next to JAC … with Kikau .. lethal combination ..
Can't wait for the Bulldogs "lethal left edge" sounds very 12 months ago.

The only lethal left edge we got to see in 2023 was anyone attacking our right edge defence.

We should probably be focussing on competent defence and being "adequate", before worrying about being "lethal".

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Got a feeling Kurtis Morrin might have a breakout year
This would be awesome. Kurtis Morrin is what we all expected Jackson Topine to be lol

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Nice! Good news bro

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We can all agree that Preston was just about the only good thing to come out of 2023. What's everyone's predictions about who (if anyone) will be the breakout star for 2024?
Blake Wilson was another one although Preston is No.1.

I think he has the potential to be the best winger in the game.
He is young and has time on his side, Reasonably big body, strong, quick. Definitely room to improve in defensive decisions but tackles quite well.
Right up there will top metres gained when he played.
I would expect after his first NRL standard preseason there will be big improvement next year.

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You would hope all players have breakout years in 2024. Not like any were standout in 2023. All players have an opportunity to step up.

I’d love Burton to step up.
I’d love Mahoney to step up.
I’d love Kikau to have a great season.
Our leaders need breakout years.

I also think Salmon will smash it in 2023.
Like many have said, Morrin, Patolo, Skelton and Hughes would be handy to step up and get some game time in 2024.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There are some good prospects mentioned in here, I like threads like this where there is minimal or at least a fairly low level of negativity lol

As said Fabri has suggested Bronson could be the leagues fastest in '24 and also those beefed up pics were now 18 months ago.
There is a video online posted in April 23(I think Weidler interviewed him)showing he has trimmed down to what is by todays standard a strapping 100kg centre with the adddd bonus of being lightning quick.