Breaking news: Hodko to play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
interesting to see how T-Rex goes with Hodko... would he get the early ball???

nassman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hodkinson is a structured player who will no doubt help Ennis to control the flow of our attack.

We need this right now because we don't have the two best ball-playing forwards in the world available at this point in time.

What's with all the Hodkinson hate? I really don't get it, it's not exactly his fault that his body has let him down in recent seasons, you blokes are clueless.

I'm one of the first to be critical of Keating because despite the fact that I respect his effort unfortunately I don't feel he is good enough to be directing my team around every week.

Hodkinson is a solid young halfback, sure he doesn't possess the kicking game of cronk or the running game of jt but he's the best fucking 7 in our squad and anyone who genuinely thinks otherwise doesn't know anything about rugby league. He controls the team and can actually pass the ball to his supporting backs. That's all we need to go up another level once back to full strength, and in the meantime his presence on the field will greatly assist our young pack to understand their role and execute to the best of their ability.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
How much time do people think we have?
T. rex will take time
Hodko will take time
We have to wait for players to return and that will take time
Meanwhile we are losing matches that will cost us at the end of the season
You are correct.

I wonder if he actually trains with the FG boys, like practice set plays with them or not?

DogsFan4Life

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hodkinson is a structured player who will no doubt help Ennis to control the flow of our attack.

We need this right now because we don't have the two best ball-playing forwards in the world available at this point in time.

What's with all the Hodkinson hate? I really don't get it, it's not exactly his fault that his body has let him down in recent seasons, you blokes are clueless.

I'm one of the first to be critical of Keating because despite the fact that I respect his effort unfortunately I don't feel he is good enough to be directing my team around every week.

Hodkinson is a solid young halfback, sure he doesn't possess the kicking game of cronk or the running game of jt but he's the best fucking 7 in our squad and anyone who genuinely thinks otherwise doesn't know anything about rugby league. He controls the team and can actually pass the ball to his supporting backs. That's all we need to go up another level once back to full strength, and in the meantime his presence on the field will greatly assist our young pack to understand their role and execute to the best of their ability.
Very well said!!

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Looking forward to see how Hodko goes on Friday. Without Big Sam and Bupa to strut their stuff he will have the same forward strength as KK has had... equal playing field sort of thing.

This might be "rose coloured memory" but back in 2011 when Jim Dymock took over as caretaker coach I remember that Hodko made breaks, tackled well and kicked a couple of field goals; he went well. Can't remember what his 6th tackle kicking was like but we will soon find out wont we.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
This just got sent to me in an email

Kris Keating has been dropped, Trent Hodkinson will be in the starting line up for tomorrow's game.

No other changes to the team named.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
If you love or hate KK and or TH, one thing anyone can't deny is that TH ultimately has the upper hand on KK purely based on the fact that TH is a real halfback, not just playing halfback.

Wether he uses that advantage is something we will find out when he is on the field

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hodko might do what Inu did last year with his first game.

Here is to 13 consecutive wins

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
People say due to the forwards Keating has been struggling. The forwards have nothing to do with him throwing hospital balls, dropping balls. Here's hoping Trent will fire, he's a much better halfback and I think Reynolds will benefit. Reynolds to have an absolute blinder!

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Trent doesnt have much infront of him to better to be honest!!!

Edroy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
people being happy a player is injured how pathetic...

if he plays like he has been in NSW Cup we will be much worse off..
+1

No matter how much I want a player dropped I'd never hope for or be happy if they got injured.

All these people thinking Hodko will be the messiah are seriously deluded. Even at his best for us he wasn't that good.

I hope I'm wrong and he has a blinder but so many unrealistic expectations around here.

nassman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trent doesnt have much infront of him to better to be honest!!!
By that logic Thurston is only as good as he is because there isn't a better halve in the cowboys roster...

Charlie Sheen

Still "Winning"
Reaction score
Hodkinson is a solid young halfback, sure he doesn't possess the kicking game of cronk or the running game of jt but he's the best fucking 7 in our squad and anyone who genuinely thinks otherwise doesn't know anything about rugby league.
hmmmm so does that mean Des Hasler doesnt know a thing about rugby league?

nassman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When has Hodkinson been available, match fit and NOT selected ahead of Keating mate?

Don't forget last year he started ahead of kk until he got injured

Klem Bupa-Berg

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The real test for Hodko begins vs the Roosters and has a few weeks without the help of Graham and Kas. If he doesnt prove himself, i definately see a new halfback replacing both. (keating as well unless he exercises his option as backup for another year).

nassman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
After basically not playing any footy for a year he plays 5 games in NSW cup (for whatever reason he wasnt ready to play in the trials) and you think that's because des feels Keating is a better player?

Sincerely, how old are you if you don't mind me asking?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I just wish we had a full strength team with TH so we can judge him fairly with KK

Charlie Sheen

Still "Winning"
Reaction score
After basically not playing any footy for a year he plays 5 games in NSW cup (for whatever reason he wasnt ready to play in the trials) and you think that's because des feels Keating is a better player?

Sincerely, how old are you if you don't mind me asking?
I know our coaching staff wouldnt have our so called "best" option running around in NSW Cup after starting the season 1-4.

and lol asking my age you have no idea who i am.

Status
Not open for further replies.