Breakdancing pensioner to repay disability payments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Costaki10

Bulldogs Army
Reaction score
this guy got busted big time lol

A British pensioner has been told to pay back thousands in disability pension payments after he was seen breakdancing on TV show Britain's Got Talent.

Fred Bowers, 74, amazed judges and the audience with an energetic routine that included spinning on his head.

But officials were tipped off about the performance and launched a probe into Mr Bowers, who claims he has a bad leg, the Daily Mail said.

The government department responsible for the payments found Mr Bowers did not meet the criteria and was being overpaid.

The former soldier has been ordered to pay back 3000 pounds ($5231).

Mr Bowers denied he'd been found out by the TV show, arguing there was a government mistake that had to be corrected.

"I was overpaid, but it was a mistake by the social," he told the Mail.

"I'm not a benefits cheat - I would never do anything dishonest. There was just a mistake, and I was getting more than I should have done.

"I always said I would pay back anything I was found to owe. I was worried I would end up in court, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen."

Mr Bowers was reportedly "a cult figure" on the dancefloors of local clubs even before his TV show appearance, the Mail said.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/entertainment/tv/2009/10/13/1255195771547.html

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Damn I'm 23 and don't even know how to breakdance :(

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
Why would you want to? They look like fkn idiots if you ask me. :grinning:

Hog

The War Pig
Reaction score
I'd kill to learn the robot, isn't that considered break dancing?

Status
Not open for further replies.