Brawl @ Game Last Night

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bahadogg

what about when benji marshal scored a try against us last year and these kind of supporters started throwing bottles at him.

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
Little sh!theads like that really give me the sh!ts, i cant stand them and whether they are Dogs fans or not, i dont wanna see there ugly heads at any game, bloody annoying

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
There was plenty of trouble in public involving Bulldogs "supporters", yet again.

superstar123

Waterboy
Reaction score
They were bulldogs supporters and you can't tell that from looking at 2 pictures but if you were near them YOU WOULD know. We were right next to these guys and they were chanting BULLDOGS the whole time with their whistles and their drums ( whatever they're called). They were loud, rude and trust me WE ALL saw them jump the chairs to start a fight with the eels supporters when parramatta scored.

So no, i don't think anyone in this forum is making an assumption that they were bulldogs supporters, it's a fact that they were and any one of the 200 people sitting around them will confirm this with you. Also, good on the police for taking care of the situation. It also wasn't only 3 that got taken away, there was plenty more after the second brawl got started.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
They were bulldogs supporters and you can't tell that from looking at 2 pictures but if you were near them YOU WOULD know. We were right next to these guys and they were chanting BULLDOGS the whole time with their whistles and their drums ( whatever they're called). They were loud, rude and trust me WE ALL saw them jump the chairs to start a fight with the eels supporters when parramatta scored.

So no, i don't think anyone in this forum is making an assumption that they were bulldogs supporters, it's a fact that they were and any one of the 200 people sitting around them will confirm this with you. Also, good on the police for taking care of the situation. It also wasn't only 3 that got taken away, there was plenty more after the second brawl got started.
Fair call.

Others here are just assuming.

If you were there and heard and saw these accounts yourself - then you make a point.

I'm not surprised anyway, these scumbags need to be eliminated from our game.

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
I wish the title read: Brawl @ Game Last Night - Bulldogs Fans Belted To Within An Inch Of Their Lives

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Oh, nice attitude - They're all as bad as we are. FFS. This doesn't solve the problem. Seriously if this is the attitude our fans are going to take, then the problem is never going to go away.
In my little opinion, accountability ONLY comes via having a membership.

In 2011, we may have in excess of 15,000 members. The only way to rid the perception we have is to get pro-active about it from within. In saying that it's not a fair battle ... all it takes is one dope to ruin months of hard work, and it's very likely we may NEVER shake the stereotype out of everybodies minds.

A groundswell is building among us of people who are completely fed-up with the actions of a mere few tainting the image of the whole club. There's plenty on here even before this thread started.

But identifying the symptoms is extremely difficult among a 30,000-strong crowd, therefore we need to identify the cause after the fact, or give fans the tools to put out spot fires before they develop.

If a "membership holder" acts contrary to the acceptability of Police and Security, and finds themselves ejected from the ground, that membership should be revoked. - If said "member" is upset at the decision an appeals process via Head Quarters.

If someone random is acting like a prized toolbag, we should have a access to an SMS number which sends all reports to one "security head". They can then send troops over to the correct Bay and intervene earlier.

the_crusader

I'm a big blob of LARD
Reaction score
In my little opinion, accountability ONLY comes via having a membership.

In 2011, we may have in excess of 15,000 members. The only way to rid the perception we have is to get pro-active about it from within. In saying that it's not a fair battle ... all it takes is one dope to ruin months of hard work, and it's very likely we may NEVER shake the stereotype out of everybodies minds.

A groundswell is building among us of people who are completely fed-up with the actions of a mere few tainting the image of the whole club. There's plenty on here even before this thread started.

But identifying the symptoms is extremely difficult among a 30,000-strong crowd, therefore we need to identify the cause after the fact, or give fans the tools to put out spot fires before they develop.

If a "membership holder" acts contrary to the acceptability of Police and Security, and finds themselves ejected from the ground, that membership should be revoked. - If said "member" is upset at the decision an appeals process via Head Quarters.

If someone random is acting like a prized toolbag, we should have a access to an SMS number which sends all reports to one "security head". They can then send troops over to the correct Bay and intervene earlier.
Thats all well and good within the ground but what about outside of the stadium?

Because when these "people" cause trouble we all as bulldogs fans get tarred with the same brush as these people.

Costaki10

Bulldogs Army
Reaction score
lol someones in denial :/
how am i in denial? i KNOW bulldogs "supporters" cause trouble but looking at that pic how the hell can you say they are dogs supporters?

you were there so you know but for someone who wasn't how are they suppose to know?

i hate how some people try to deny it and say how do you know they are bulldog supporters wake up these guys go to the footy and act like animals if we win or lose have some respect for this great family club
again who the hell is denying anything? we all know there is a lot of problems at bulldogs game but looking at those photos there is no way in the world someone can pick they were dogs supporters.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Same old story, not true supporters, they dont even have jerseys. Just there to cause trouble

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Thats all well and good within the ground but what about outside of the stadium?

Because when these "people" cause trouble we all as bulldogs fans get tarred with the same brush as these people.
Good question - I'm no police tactitian ... but even a simpleton like me can figure out there's (a) not enough coverage in the right areas, and (b) a thinktank of some sort needs to be held by all stakeholders in order to identify ALL issues, come up with some strategies that "involve" the fans, which will empower them to do something proactive.

Police LAC, Stadium Security, Game Day Management and Membership Dept, should all get together ... have a big 'ol chit-chat. Discuss numbers relation to ejections and arrests. In relation to incidents within and outside the stadium. What percentage happens where ? What ages are they ? What types of crime is it ? What systems can be put in place once potential issues are correctly identified ? How can we empower fans to minimise incidents ?

I cant understand why the penny hasn't dropped yet - We live in an age of mobile technology (hello bulldogs27) .... get our fans to 'video' or 'photo' sh*t and send it via mobile to a central number. Map out hotspots so correct police coverage can be sent in advance. Have 25 teams of 4 patrol with a clear indication of previous history of events, instead of randomly sprinkling them around left to their own devices.

the_crusader

I'm a big blob of LARD
Reaction score
Good question - I'm no police tactitian ... but even a simpleton like me can figure out there's (a) not enough coverage in the right areas, and (b) a thinktank of some sort needs to be held by all stakeholders in order to identify ALL issues, come up with some strategies that "involve" the fans, which will empower them to do something proactive.

Police LAC, Stadium Security, Game Day Management and Membership Dept, should all get together ... have a big 'ol chit-chat. Discuss numbers relation to ejections and arrests. In relation to incidents within and outside the stadium. What percentage happens where ? What ages are they ? What types of crime is it ? What systems can be put in place once potential issues are correctly identified ? How can we empower fans to minimise incidents ?

I cant understand why the penny hasn't dropped yet - We live in an age of mobile technology (hello bulldogs27) .... get our fans to 'video' or 'photo' sh*t and send it via mobile to a central number. Map out hotspots so correct police coverage can be sent in advance. Have 25 teams of 4 patrol with a clear indication of previous history of events, instead of randomly sprinkling them around left to their own devices.
Maybe we are going to have to go down the road that England has and thats with loads of CCTV cameras everywhere and issue people with ASBOs which stops them from going any where near ANZ Stadium or other grounds

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
its a bloody shame really...i stil dont get why people go to the footy to start sh1t with people lol...its so pathetic

the_crusader

I'm a big blob of LARD
Reaction score
ASBO = Anti Social Behaviour Order - in the UK its a non-custodial order, often forbidding a person to be in particular area, or to desist from a particular type of behaviour that might not, in itself, be illegal but is generally held to be unacceptable

B

bahadogg

i was there sitting a couple of rows down and they were saying bulldogs bulldogs and acting like idiots they started the fights . disrespectful to the club

Status
Not open for further replies.