Rumour Brandon Wakeham

blacknwhite

New Pup
Reaction score
Hi

Rumours going round the UK that we (Hull FC) are looking at Brandon Wakeham and Tyson Gamble from the Broncos for next season.

Don't know if anyone has heard anything?

Not really sure where Wakeham would fit into our squad. We've apparently signed Tex Hoy from the Knights. We've also signed an English half called Jake Trueman.

An opportunity could be available at 9 for him. Do you think he could do a job?

Thanks!

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi

Rumours going round the UK that we (Hull FC) are looking at Brandon Wakeham and Tyson Gamble from the Broncos for next season.

Not really sure where Wakeham would fit into our squad. We've apparently signed Tex Hoy from the Knights. We've also signed an English half called Jake Trueman.

Thanks!
Yeah… Brandon Wakeham, I can see him transitioning into a No.9 over in the UK

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi

Thanks!
Trueman has signed for hull for next year, already confirmed hahahah, so this everyone, is bullshit

blacknwhite

New Pup
Reaction score
? I'm a Hull fan... Hull have signed Jake Trueman, and I don't know where Wakeham would fit into our spine.

Just wondering if any of you had heard anything on the rumour

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Hi

Thanks!
The positives to take away from Gamble and Wakeham is that they both have abit of niggle and shit in their game, which is sure to get under oppositions skin. Not the most dominant halves though and have a limited skill set.

Tex Hoy has always had potential, hopefully being coached by a former fullback helps his game.

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
? I'm a Hull fan... Hull have signed Jake Trueman, and I don't know where Wakeham would fit into our spine.

Yep hull have signed him for next season

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Wakeham is a shit nrl half, would be a decent superleague one, can play 9 if needed like, got some shithouse about him aswell

blacknwhite

New Pup
Reaction score
I don't really see where Wakeham or Gamble would fit into spine for next season, unless its at 9.

We've signed a young full back on loan with a view to make it permanent next season, plus Hoy.

We've signed Trueman to play 7. But have an aging 9 so that might be his opportunity.

Could all be BS, but looks like he doesn't have a first grade future in the NRL.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hi

Thanks!
Was highly rated as a junior here. Has had some chances in the NRL and never really kicked on. But it's debatable whether we've had a decent coach in a number of years to guide him beyond being a talent in the lower grades. We've also been pretty light on talent in the team for a half to exploit. So add a good coach and talent around him and he might reach his potential.

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I have always believed Wakeham could play. He never had much of a go at the Bulldogs - never sure of his spot, coupled with equally inexperienced halves partners, playing behind a beaten pack, etc. And the biggie - playing under a coach (a former international half, no less) who hadn't a clue! He played a monster game for Fiji a couple of years ago behind a forward pack with a bit of go-forward and mongrel.

I hope Hull FC take him and play him in his preferred position. He can be a match winner for you. A couple of years down the track, I can see us (the Kennel) grumbling to one another about how we allowed him to get away.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also don't like the idea of giving up on Wakeham just yet. I feel he hasn't had the opportunity to get comfortable in the halfback role over the last few years and in a shit team. But I see a certain style of play in him that others in the club just don't have - eyes up footy.

If we don't sign a well established half for next year, I would keep Wakeham. If we manage to offload Kyle next year, I would definitely keep him even if some other halfback came on board. In fact even Gamble would probably do well in our team. He has aggro and is strong. Suits the team, even though he has a brain explosion or 2 in him

Big Vibe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Tex Hoy will absolutely kill it over there. Great signing for you @blacknwhite

Wouldn’t go getting too excited about Gamble and Wakeham though.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I hope he does well at his new club or vocation