Rumour Brandon smith done deal

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Allan could still be a decent winger or centre for fairly cheap IF they actually sign Ponga. I've heard from very reliable sources that Thompson is on north of 800K with us. There's also been "multiple" media reports he's on 850K. DWZ was contracted with us until, the end of 2022 and at around 800K. I doubt the Warriors would have agreed to pay him this much for 2022 or him let us out of that agreement to take considerably less with the Warriors even for a slightly longer agreement but if you have inside knowledge about this and it's true then all GREAT !

Yes aware about the minimum wage. If the Tigers took on Thompson at 750K (so 750K off our cap) and someone else signed Allan for 300K that would make $1,050,000 so after paying player 2 $130,000 it would leave around up to $920K to spend on Cheese or whoever
Thompson isn't on $850k in our Cap, that number came from adding the transfer fee we paid to St Helens, the relocation costs we paid, the Covid quarantine costs in Melbourne, the work visa costs, his "spousal" visa costs, the UK travel costs for him plus his family for the length of his contract and his car, none of which are included in our Cap. It's a common media trick to inflate the numbers for a click bait headline, add everything in sight, when the fact is only what is included in the Cap actually matters.

As for DWZ we paid 100% for 2021 and 0% for 2022. DWZ wanted to go home long term to NZ to spend as much time as possible with his new born daughter, hence a 3.5 year contract with the Warriors was attractive to him. Keep in mind also that the Warriors approached us to release him, not the other way around.

By posting "Allen isn’t going to the Dolphins they are chasing Ponga" I was simply refuting what you originally posted.

Always a Bulldog

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys with gould, he has plugged most of the leaks.

Be wary of anything the media and others claim as "news".

Gus either misleads the media and lets them do his work or they are just guessing.

I'm not saying Gus is the Dogfather, but he's trying his best to be.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thompson isn't on $850k in our Cap, that number came from adding the transfer fee we paid to St Helens, the relocation costs we paid, the Covid quarantine costs in Melbourne, the work visa costs, his "spousal" visa costs, the UK travel costs for him plus his family for the length of his contract and his car, none of which are included in our Cap. It's a common media trick to inflate the numbers for a click bait headline, add everything in sight, when the fact is only what is included in the Cap actually matters.

As for DWZ we paid 100% for 2021 and 0% for 2022. DWZ wanted to go home long term to NZ to spend as much time as possible with his new born daughter, hence a 3.5 year contract with the Warriors was attractive to him. Keep in mind also that the Warriors approached us to release him, not the other way around.

By posting "Allen isn’t going to the Dolphins they are chasing Ponga" I was simply refuting what you originally posted.

Always a Bulldog
Thanks for the details TwinTurbo. Good to know and greatly appreciated :o)

Reecek89

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If he chooses Titans over Dogs, Dolphins or Roosters he’s all about the $$ and glad we gave up chasing him

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
i saw a photo of the cheese on insta story yday (and looked nothing like that) , have to admit i unfollowed him now

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
That Fucking sucks to see. Hate to see him At roosters but really that makes the Titans such a dangerous team…

They have Fifita and tino on mega $ then Brimson too? Sign cheese?

With young Campbell and that lot. Throw in fotunika damn.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
It’s been common knowledge he ain’t coming here for months. How are people still so invested in this?
It doesn't mean it's right (not being interested/not signing him). He's the best marquee player off contract, especially for what we need. It's just a missed opportunity.

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It doesn't mean it's right (not being interested/not signing him). He's the best marquee player off contract, especially for what we need. It's just a missed opportunity.
You can't force the bloke to sign. I know the club tried. He either wants to be here or he doesn't. Simple as that.