Rumour Brandon smith done deal

Ripley

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He's the best hooker in the NRL this year you mong. Why you leaving that out. He plays in a spine position (big $) and at hooker which is a top 2 most important position in the NRL.
He’s not even the best hooker in his team.

And he’s a better backrower than he is a hooker.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
He’s not even the best hooker in his team.

And he’s a better backrower than he is a hooker.
Grant will be a better hooker (potentially) but going off this year Grant wasn't a better hooker. Grant is also a 1m hooker btw. Smith will be Dally M hooker of the year.

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want Brandon Smith in a dog's jersey but I would not pay him a million dollars, if the price tag is a mil than its Harry Grant that we should go after.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He’s not a playmaker, he’s not game manager, he doesn’t think a single tackle ahead let alone a set or a period. Can’t kick tactically or at goal.

You want to pay him money reserved for those that can just because he’s available and has a personality?

He’s very good at what he does, one of the best, and that’s run like a bull. His best plays are on the end of a Harry Grant pass not the other way around.

He won’t a million dollars from anybody… we’ll maybe Tigers because they’re perennially stupid… but certainly not from Melb, Roosters or us.
Smith has 22 try involvements from 20 games, most in the NRL for a hooker..

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I want Brandon Smith in a dog's jersey but I would not pay him a million dollars, if the price tag is a mil than its Harry Grant that we should go after.
The Storm will offer Grant more money then what they're Smith. I don't even think 1m would get Grant done for us.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The Storm will offer Grant more money then what they're Smith. I don't even think 1m would get Grant done for us.
exactly, he is/will get the spine dollars....Brandon needs to leave to get the position he wants to play and el mucho extra dollars = win win...fuck winning comps he will have two in a line in 7 weeks time, plus they don't buy boats and Bmw's...or flash holiday houses etc.

Ripley

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Smith has 22 try involvements from 20 games, most in the NRL for a hooker..
So you got him down as a play-maker have you, or a game manager?

In a team that’s scored a thousand tries The number’s not surprising. They probably got the most try involvements per prop, second rower and the rest too.

But is he a play-maker or a game manager or any of the things players get paid a million dollars for.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
So you got him down as a play-maker have you, or a game manager?

In a team that’s scored a thousand tries The number’s not surprising. They probably got the most try involvements per prop, second rower and the rest too.

But is he a play-maker or a game manager or any of the things players get paid a million dollars for.
What's a playmaker right now though?

Ripley

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Well Penrith’s got one, Souths have got two, Manly you could count three, Melb do it a bit differently no real standout but they’re Melb.

Now you mightn’t rate them or want to call them something different but stiff shit. And sure not all of them worth a million dollars, maybe only a couple.

But if they ain’t, Brandon Smith certainly ain’t either

Ripley

Kennel Established
Reaction score
There is a third million dollar player, those that win games and comps on they’re own. Turbo would qualify, so would Latrell IMO, maybe a few others.

Brandon Smith ain’t one of them either.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well Penrith’s got one, Souths have got two, Manly you could count three, Melb do it a bit differently no real standout but they’re Melb.

Now you mightn’t rate them or want to call them something different but stiff shit. And sure not all of them worth a million dollars, maybe only a couple.

We can disagree i think he would/will be great for us, as to how much will we pay you may be right a mill is not that likely i would have thought 850's/4 yrs but maybe that doesnt get him to come to the incumbent wooden spooners idk at all..Will we get him who the hell would know, we will see at the end of the season i guess.

Anyway mate changing tack a bit..i have to ask WTF is that you have as your avatar pic LOL

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

I'm not paying Smith a million though?

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think harry grant being there will make brandon super insecure extending ,in the back of his mind suspecting once he re signs theyll turn him into a lock

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Let’s call it as it is.

He’s the best 9
This year.

Someone who says he has shit service and thinks elliotts is anything but lucky he is in first grade is either delusional or a troll.

Smith has killed it. While being forced to losing weight on the fly.

Is he as talented as some like grant? No. Is his defence better ? Yep. Is he actually available? Yep.

If Melbourne have started at 600k he will get 700 maybe 750k from them?

They are in another galaxy to us.

The only reason he leaves there is a challenge, money and knowing grant is off his ass and the 9 is his.

He will get 850-900k from multiple shit clubs (we are about to take the spoon and have no Fucking 9 for like 5 years now)

If it comes down to he needs 900k/1mil from us to get it done. You pay the 100k overs a year to get him.

No his not a game manager like c smith. No one else is.

No one else runs through blokes like Brandon. Different player. Though he’s the best 9 this year. He’s available. He’s 24.

Burton could be that manager in time. He sure as shit is a good enough 9 for us if he is for the storm all year.

Not to mention him here even on 100 or even 300k overs ffs would attract others around to take less to play with quality. Not katoa and Jmk….

Jac seems like blokes love to play with.

Brandon is that too.

Get him signed as our last marquee player and build around him
And burton as our key spine pieces. I think dufty will be fine with those 2.

Bbo or maybe avo could work. Maybe. Though jmk and katoa ain’t.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No he won’t. You might, in fact I bet you would, but Gus won’t.

IF he makes him an offer, and that’s “IF”, it’ll be what Gus wants to offer him. And if he says no, that’ll be the end of that.

Gus don’t do desperate. Nothing or nobody is going to impact on his precious roster and SC management.

He’s told you that.
How do you know…Gus??

Mate, you are deluded. Gould’s ego is as big as any successful persons. If he thinks Smith can enhance that, then money will be the last issue to discuss.

He is the sort of bloke that would trade, punt or sell a dozen Thompson’s or Josh Jackson’s to get who he wants and who he thinks will make a difference.

That’s exactly why I am glad he is on our team..

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
How do you know…Gus??

Mate, you are deluded. Gould’s ego is as big as any successful persons. If he thinks Smith can enhance that, then money will be the last issue to discuss.

He is the sort of bloke that would trade, punt or sell a dozen Thompson’s or Josh Jackson’s to get who he wants and who he thinks will make a difference.

That’s exactly why I am glad he is on our team..
If Gus wants to do well here and transform the club he'll sign Smith. It's literally a cheat code.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Let’s call it as it is.

He’s the best 9
This year.

Someone who says he has shit service and thinks elliotts is anything but lucky he is in first grade is either delusional or a troll.

Is he as talented as some like grant? No. Is his defence better ? Yep. Is he actually available? Yep.

The only reason he leaves there is a challenge, money and knowing grant is off his ass and the 9 is his.

He will get 850-900k from multiple shit clubs (we are about to take the spoon and have no Fucking 9 for like 5 years now)

If it comes down to he needs 900k/1mil from us to get it done. You pay the 100k overs a year to get him.

No one else runs through blokes like Brandon. Different player. Though he’s the best 9 this year. He’s available. He’s 24.

Burton could be that manager in time. He sure as shit is a good enough 9 for us if he is for the storm all year.

Not to mention him here even on 100 or even 300k overs ffs would attract others around to take less to play with quality. Not katoa and Jmk….

Brandon is that too.

Like everything you say mate and we should be willing to pay a bit extra..is a must get pretty much.
Not sure at all but maybe as a lock Storm won't even offer as high as 700/750? just a hunch the figure might be a tick lower which is also good.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Let’s call it as it is.

He’s the best 9
This year.

Brandon is that too.

"Best Post"