Rumour Brandon smith done deal

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Sam was in decline in all honesty when he went there. I agree 2 years earlier he was a superstar . But sadly we let him go for a reason . As I said on my original post name 2 or 3 superstars
Joel Romelo, Ben Roberts, Sione Kite and Reimis Smith... super stars.

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Guys I know allot of media reports are coming up and they will continue to. Reporters have no idea. BUZZ has no line to the dogs especially now with Gus the truth will come out be patient
what's crazy is that what your saying is true, I remember messaging you that we got him however we weren't able to officially sign a contract with him until November 1 and also the fact Melbourne didn't want the media attention for losing a player during finals.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
what's crazy is that what your saying is true, I remember messaging you that we got him however we weren't able to officially sign a contract with him until November 1 and also the fact Melbourne didn't want the media attention for losing a player during finals.
Sounds good :grinning:

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
But @utility half will have to join the Melbourne Storm forum if they have one.
Look, I would love if if he went to Melbourne. Then I could become a 2 club man like @Nasheed and would have a team to support at finals time. But it’s not happening. Gus loves Elliott. Is mad for him in his exact words. He told me at the supermarket.

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Well when one of you says one thing, and the other says a different view then that means it’s an argument. Next time you can address me as the bus driver because I’m taking you to school.
If you say so... if your a bus driver doesn’t that also mean you have no education? No need to answer that.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If you say so... if your a bus driver doesn’t that also mean you have no education? No need to answer that.
You got schooled by someone who has no education, give up son

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Melbourne are successful as they are better in every area then most clubs. They do develop juniors they just aren’t originally from Melbourne. They have been smart to base their feeder clubs and academy’s etc in South east Queensland where they know there will be meaningful competition week in week out and away from Sydney where there is a magnitude of NRL clubs whom
Are competing for the same players. This is smart business. I also respect that the Storm don’t buy super stars players. They either identify and develop young talent , or buy fringe first graders or journey men and turn them into regular improved first graders through their brilliant coaching and systems. I challenge anyone to name more that 2 or 3 superstars they have signed from other clubs in the last 10 years. I can’t think of 1 in all honesty.
Agreed, there’s no doubt they are successful due to the reasons you mentioned, however, there’s also no doubt that Melbourne get massive advantages over Sydney, Queensland clubs because of their location and the NRL needing to have a presence in an AFL dominated state. Also I might ad that Melbourne record breaking salary cap cheats, been proven back in 2010 and I have no reason to believe that those rorts aren’t still continuing to this day!

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed, there’s no doubt they are successful due to the reasons you mentioned, however, there’s also no doubt that Melbourne get massive advantages over Sydney, Queensland clubs because of their location and the NRL needing to have a presence in an AFL dominated state. Also I might ad that Melbourne record breaking salary cap cheats, been proven back in 2010 and I have no reason to believe that those rorts aren’t still continuing to this day!
You could say that being in an AFL heartland is a disadvantage though. They have to search further and wider for their juniors then any other club as there is no local nursery. I don’t see feel they Rory the cap and those instances you mention were over 11 years ago . By that estimation you would still of deemed
the Bulldogs charge to the grand final in 2012 as non cap compliant.
Melbourne are a well run club and hopefully the Bulldogs are getting towards their level shortly.

Pavdogg82

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
1. Dufty 2. Cotric 3. Shoupp 4. Naden 5. Foxx 6. Burton 7. BBO 8. Thompson 9. Cheese 10. Vaughn 11. TPJ 12. RFM 13. Jackson 14. Averillo 15. Ava 16. Hetho 17. Elliot or even better, a bulked up Topine.
Sick team. Top 8 definitely, once combinations form and 1 or 2 more recruits the following year, if Eels can be there, then top 4 baby!
Lets trot!

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Look, I would love if if he went to Melbourne. Then I could become a 2 club man like @Nasheed and would have a team to support at finals time. But it’s not happening. Gus loves Elliott. Is mad for him in his exact words. He told me at the supermarket.
Just promise me if you ever meet Elliott in the street, PLEASE take it to a room! We don't need this sort of publicity. LOL

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Guys I know allot of media reports are coming up and they will continue to. Reporters have no idea. BUZZ has no line to the dogs especially now with Gus the truth will come out be patient
And now the media know by reading this forum. Both clubs will be impressed, if it's true.