• 801k +

Votes: 31 19.0%

• Total voters

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If TBAZ and the club are serious, they need to sign this guy to add to the fox an burton!!

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hopefully it was just the emotion talking. They just came off a big win, he had a great game. He’s feeling the love of team mates and that winning feeling and threw these lines out like ‘how can I leave this’?. Well Mr Smith, how does an extra $50k each year help with that decision? How does JAC whispering in your ear all year make you feel about the decision to leave? How does ‘winning’ an extra $5k every wk on the pokies in a Laundy hotel make you feel about leaving Melbourne? I say whatever it takes at this point.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Hopefully it was just the emotion talking. They just came off a big win, he had a great game. He’s feeling the love of team mates and that winning feeling and threw these lines out like ‘how can I leave this’?. Well Mr Smith, how does an extra $50k each year help with that decision? How does JAC whispering in your ear all year make you feel about the decision to leave? How does ‘winning’ an extra $5k every wk on the pokies in a Laundy hotel make you feel about leaving Melbourne? I say whatever it takes at this point.
How does an extra 200-300k each year help with that decision?*

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know TBaz won't do it, but get Hodgon here for 1-2yrs to teach Topine how to be a real DH, Topine can be our 14 in that time, then become our 9.

If Cheese said what is reported and means it, guarnateed he's going to the new Bridbane side. His choice, fine.
My thoughts exactly. Topine can be an understudy for Hodgson and play reggies hooker or No.14 bench.

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
How does an extra 200-300k each year help with that decision?*
I guess that would make him a $1M player? For 2-3yrs, maybe thats what we need to do. Every chance Burton will be up at that price range in a few years too but by then hopefully they’d bleed blue and white and they are winning football games.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I guess that would make him a $1M player? For 2-3yrs, maybe thats what we need to do. Every chance Burton will be up at that price range in a few years too but by then hopefully they’d bleed blue and white and they are winning football games.
What's he on at the Storm? I'm thinking more around the 800k range our offer should be (front load it if we have to, the Titans did it for Fifita's first year afaik). He's the most impactful player for what our team needs that we could sign.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
So, judging from there being direct quotes saying he's staying at Storms, are we saying Cheese is a fibber?

Is there any truth to the Kobe Hetherington/Cory Paix rumour?
Plus Bellamy is saying "don't know yet" but Cheese is saying "100%"...

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
What's he on at the Storm? I'm thinking more around the 800k range our offer should be.
I’m assuming we’ve offered $800k. But if that doesn’t get it done, maybe we need to get creative. I’m concerned the other options are more make shift No.9s and rookies learning the trade in FG instead of an apprentice in the lower grades.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think if we don't nab him for 2022, then for 2023 we are long odds with the new Brisbane team joining the comp.

Spewing big time if we miss out on his signature.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
OK, I am worried so I'll give you ALL the info I have.

Cheese called Burton to confirm if he is still coming to us, Burton said yes so Cheese said yes. Reason for the delay is his manager trying to squeeze us. Apparently Cheese was going to be full time lock next year and Bellamy wanted a like for like player, hence RFM and Atoni being linked to the Storm.

Let's see how long this takes to hit the media...

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It’s time for the CEO to coordinate a couple of third party sponsors with deep pockets. Bega Cheese would be a great start.
Aaron Warburton will ring up some corporate heavy and they'll be like Aaron who?

Apex Cedar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Cheese called Burton to confirm if he is still coming to us, Burton said yes so Cheese said yes. Reason for the delay is his manager trying to squeeze us. Apparently Cheese was going to be full time lock next year and Bellamy wanted a like for like player, hence RFM and Atoni being linked to the Storm.

Sounds like it is trying to squeeze as much money out of us with his comments and all. I still have faith in it all he can’t change his view on wanting to leave and play 9 elsewhere so quick doesn’t add up. I believe it’s all done except for the figures just give him what he wants I say..

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

if its a squeeze UP THE OFFER ffs..within reason sort of but fucking make it so he can't say no

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

1. Burton coming here will attract more talent here

2. Club should tell cheese that if we spend too much on him, we don't have enough for other good players

3. Who's more likely bro, rfm or renouf? I'd guess rfm is more to Bellamy's liking

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
1. Burton coming here will attract more talent here

2. Club should tell cheese that if we spend too much on him, we don't have enough for other good players

3. Who's more likely bro, rfm or renouf? I'd guess rfm is more to Bellamy's liking
I'd take RFM tbh