• 701k-800k

Votes: 61 37.4%
  • 801k +

Votes: 31 19.0%

• Total voters

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
My guess is Bellamy will take up a new role to head up the 2 nd Brisbane team and the cheese and other storm players will follow him north. The NRL will want to make sure the new team is successful. Who better to hand the reigns to? They will throw everything but the kitchen sink at him to make it happen.
Yes, but to the NRL it is essential that the Storm remain a top four side and the NRL will make sure of it.
The NRL needs Victoria so that it can maintain their status as a true National competition and to gain as many Victorian league fans as they can.
The Storm club are helped by the NRL massively creating a pathway for the club to get some of the best talent from QLD and also to a lessor extent from NSW. Why do you think they keep producing young talent out of nowhere. It's a set up and has always been a setup, the Storm are the NRL's little baby.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Yes, but to the NRL it is essential that the Storm remain a top four side and the NRL will make sure of it.
The NRL needs Victoria so that it can maintain their status as a true National competition and to gain as many Victorian league fans as they can.
The Storm club are helped by the NRL massively creating a pathway for the club to get some of the best talent from QLD and also to a lessor extent from NSW. Why do you think they keep producing young talent out of nowhere. It's a set up and has always been a setup, the Storm are the NRL's little baby.
I have always had this belief about Melbourne aswell mate.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
True.

Or they use the "can't play 80 mins" card. I bet you most don't know he bulked up in the off season to play as lock.
Yeah I was originally opposed to signing him as I thought he was only an average hooker. Think he was a victim of C Smith and Grant in terms of being compared to that style of player. Clearly he's a different style of hooker and he's shown he has plenty to offer a team simply as B Smith ... and not an attempted C Smith clone.

Also there's not many good hookers currently available. Would love Grant but don't see it ever happening, so would be happy with either Hodgson short term or B Smith long term. In saying that Hodgson may now be our only option.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
if we miss this bloke because of money, Laundy can fuck right off as far as I am concerned.
Some people are rich for a reason because they dont like to spend it!
But honestly i dont think it has anything to do with the money its just the Storm holding firm on keeping him.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The likelihood of a second Brisbane team is affecting the player market- some will sign one year contracts so they can take advantage of the money available when the second team in Brisbane starts spending - same number of players but increased demand inflated salaries!
Its a win win for me im in Brisbane so it will be my second team. :tongueclosed:

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No. He wanted to be our smaller Geoff Robinson. Cheese would do that too :grinning:
If you're going to jump the train tracks with a train approaching, you run like hell and definitely don't stop in the middle of the tracks.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
If you're going to jump the train tracks with a train approaching, you run like hell and definitely don't stop in the middle of the tracks.
Can you imagine that happening in today's game lol

Penalty try to Parra against us and Robbo gets 10 weeks.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
What a character Robbo was for us.

Didn't react at all with the Davidson hair pulling but sure made him pay for it (and got himself penalised :grinning: Tough blokes. He'd be laughing at Wallace and Kikau lol

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What a character Robbo was for us.

Didn't react at all with the Davidson hair pulling but sure made him pay for it (and got himself penalised :grinning: Tough blokes. He'd be laughing at Wallace and Kikau lol

Loved those days. I remember them like they were yesterday. What was the penalty for? LOL

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Loved those days. I remember them like they were yesterday. What was the penalty for? LOL
This clip came up next. Rabs says "the dirty rabbits". Peter Stirling sent off lol

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I really don't remember Stirlo as such a fighter haha. I think he started this! Wrong bloke sent off. Bulldogs dudded again lol. Not many would take Cement on.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This clip came up next. Rabs says "the dirty rabbits". Peter Sterling sent to the bin lol

Ray was quoting someone else so he could get the hit in to protect his beloved Eels. Sterlo should have been sent for a few head butts there. If that was Gillespie he would have been sent. Surprised Mario didn't get put in the bin for being within 5 metres of the stink.